1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shortsightedness will lead to downfall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BallaDoc, May 29, 2023.

1. Landry's Tooth

Andre Iquodala
    Al Horford

But I get it... you want to take the 1 in 20 chance all the young players come together and you're the exception....

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was on purpose, let's see where the roster stands in October.

DD

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Les is the beneficiary of inheriting a championship level team and has been running on those fumes since.

Tilman is despicable in terms of his politics but when it comes to owning a basketball team I don't see why anyone would hate him more than Les. He definitely is showing the right type of patience the past few years to actually build a young team. Nabbing Udoka so quickly is very impressive.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Tilman also inherited a top team and took it south pretty quickly . I was very excited for tilman , but man he ran his mouth alot and did everything to take the team the opposite direction .

how do you bad mouth CP3’s contract and then move him for a worse one while giving up picks ?

And now we’ve been at the bottom for 3 straight years .

tilman has earned every ounce of IRE we’ve been giving him

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Championships are not won through the draft but through trades and the draft, we need to start trading.

DD

6. marinara

marinara Member

Harden is most likely using Houston as leverage to get a max from Philly. He took less money on a short term deal and now wants a 3-4 year max it’s simple.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How the hell did you sit down and decide your post made sense to write? Mind-blowing indeed.

"It's mind-blowing that people keep saying cars are faster than horses"

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Small minds are indeed easy to be blown. What part of my post was too difficult for you to comprehend?

9. napalm06

The entirety of it, it didn't even deserve a reply, but congratulations. How is Tilman a better owner than Les?

Provide 3 reasons or get the **** out of here.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Where did I say Les was worse? I have said that Les is just as bad, yet Tilman gets waaaay more hate.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh no, Tilman is the worst owner is the league by far.

The cheapness, the meddling, the nepotism.

Les was average.

Drift Monkey and YOLO like this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

We bottled so many games last season, lost almost every single game on the line thanks to Silas' weird lineups. That being said, to get Brown or Bridges you will have to give up so many assets it doesn't even make sense and with Brown and whatever left on the roster we will turn into a midtable team and stuck there. I don't want us to become Hawks. We are lowering the ceiling of the team while raising the floor. We don't need Amen we need a shooter but that shooter doesn't have to be borderline elite like some of you listed there. Someone like KCP, Reaves would be fine.

13. napalm06

Probably has to do with the team getting worse each of the 5 seasons he has had the team, with a winning percentage 18 percentage points lower than Les's while managing to alienate Harden, Morey, and Mike and Laurel D'Antoni in an impressively short timespan.

Les Alexander was a creepy reclusive northeastern bond trader with the charisma of an eel who traded Hakeem and took the city's championship trophies.

Tilman Fertitta is a smarmy self-important wannabe who excels at scaling fast food franchises with heavy debt, and wrote a book called "Shut Up and Listen" and has done nothing but make the Rockets an absolute laughing stock. He probably has a poster of Bob & Cal McNair hanging over his bed for guidance on how to run a "successful sports franchise".

Drift Monkey likes this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

At the same time, Les also alienated the most beloved coach in Rockets history to the point where he aligns himself more with the Lakers than the Rockets as well as did jack all with all that money from China during the Yao years. Oh and he was content with going years without making playoffs while refusing to tank because he didn’t want to lose ticket sales.

15. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I agree that he’s probably using Houston as leverage and not coming here. I just hope the team doesn’t trade that No. 4 pick in an effort to accommodate him by adding a veteran. It was hard earned.

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Bruh why you trolling? Amen has J Green type athleticism, a 6'7 point guard.... Don't even put fat, slow unathletic Nix in the same sentence.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Alpi finally getting the recognition!

Drift Monkey likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U measure a sht owner by the product he pushes out. And the decisions made under his watch.

Its debatable if Les is as cheap as tilman but he has never pushed out 3 years of a sht team. he refused to tank and we still made it into playoffs.

Time may change and the verdict might improve but so far tilman is a sht owner.

False promises, a championship caliber team crumble under his watch, 3 years of sht performance, a sht coach that should have never been hired, a coty, a hof and eoty all choose to leave under his watch.

Only positives I seen so far is he finally is building the practice arena he promised 7 years ago, he hired ime and he's now being less hands on in the rebuilding phrase

#79 DatRocketFan, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

WTF are you even talking about. Les is a **** owner because he refused to tank. Those years of treading mediocrity were way worse than intentionally tanking.