1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets cannot overpay with both salary cap space AND draft picks for a player who at best is fringe #2 best player on a title team. It would be the exact same type of mistake that T-wolves did with Gobert and Mavs did with Kristaps.

That kind of move should be end kicker in a building a title team. Like that is the move that Boston or Philly should be making right now to get over the last hump.

Rockets don't have any player in Antman or Luka's stratosphere and aren't sniffing the playoffs, yet y'all talking about trading away most of their assets for elite role players.

[​IMG]

Arnel, OremLK, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That team will make noise in the playoffs? Are they going to be in the crowd cheering?

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Plus Gobert and Dillon Brooks and even Ja Morant.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sooooo who's going to play in the paint for the Rockets Garuba and the 20th pick? Right. I call BS.

theDude likes this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

Perfectly said!

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know why you think this hurt his trade value. He had a bad game, sure, but not like a Harden in game 7 type bad game. And how has that hurt Harden's stock through the years?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Boston needs a contrast in the paint, they are all too reliant on the 3 ball, they really need a Sengun to help give them something when teams overplay the outside.

DD

PS. They needs someone LIKE Sengun, not that we should trade them OUR Sengun.

#67 DaDakota, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
    bmelo, AroundTheWorld and Arnel like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

What I want to know is why everyone thinks we need Brown when we have Christopher. It's redundant, they'd be stepping on each other's toes. Besides, Christopher is already at Brown's level but has way more upside and is like 4 years younger.

Can someone explain this to me???

Arnel and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

And by giving away Sengun we now have no 3 ball AND no paint production. . . . Sounds like a deal to me.

10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I’d be worried that stone is out trying to find the next “harden”. He saw how much praise Morey got for pulling off the harden trade. Stone might offer a package to get jaylen brown but we actually have quality pieces on the team now. Morey just had a bunch of assets to use in a trade and they didn’t have a future with this team.

11. Risingred

Risingred Member

I don't mind giving them the fourth pick for Jaylen, but no Sengun or Green included in the package. The logic is that if I have to pick the poison between Harden and Jaylen, I'll rather have Jaylen. In the playoff, Jaylen at least played some defense, but Harden couldn't keep staying in front of his man. We don't have Embiid, so we could be moving one step forward and two steps backwards. If the price for sign and trade Jaylen is the 4th pick, one of Jabari or Tari, and a couple of future 1st or swaps something like that, it's alright to me. People need to understand Tilman pays 7+ mil to hire Udoka per year, and we are not such a "favorite" FA destinations as many people dreamt of.

Arnel and daywalker02 like this.
  12. Risingred

Risingred Member

Also, sorry for multiple posts. Many people would say Harden is a FA so we don't need to give up anything for him. That's not true, cap space is cap space. Cap space is important under the new CBA, and our young guys' contracts will be renewed in a couple of years.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait, I am not saying WE TRADE OURS......just that they need a player like Sengun.

DD

AroundTheWorld and Rokman like this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ah.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and by those couple of years harden won't even be here. his impact on their contracts in a best case scenario where they deserve max's, doesn't coincide with their timeline

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great. Then we have two stars who shrink under the spotlight. The WCF would be our ceiling and these past three years of suffering would be for naught.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

daywalker02, Arnel and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the WC is more balanced than the EC......

topfive likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

or we could give up nothing for Brown and keep our assets and acquire Harden who requires nothing but cap space…Harden’s overall impact on the game is still higher than Jaylen Brown’s, especially in the regular season where this Rockets team needs all the help in the world

How could anyone want Brown on a supermax while giving up the 4th pick, Bari, plus future picks as opposed to Harden and not giving all that away?

Denovo and YOLO like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If I'm chosing between Brown and Harden ,it isn't based off playoff performance.

It's based on an ability to manage a halfcourt offense and not be a black hole. Harden is far more suited at giving the young guys good looks than Brown.

theDude and snowconeman22 like this.