1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaylen Brown’s Value Is A All Time Low, We Need To Trade For Him Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, May 29, 2023.

?

Would you trade for Jaylen Brown now? Great low value to buy?

1. Make the Trade!

51 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Nope. Trust the Process.

99 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao. I am kidding. Do not know about this guy.

Arnel, ApacheWarrior and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Bradeaux is right.

bmelo and cml750 like this.
  3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Brown can’t be your first option because he dribbles like Ariza and can’t play make for his teammates. Boston was statistically better with him off the court in BOTH regular season and playoffs. He’s better than anything we’ve got but honestly I’d rather see how Green and KPJ turn out because Brown is 100% not going to be worth his contract

rpr52121 likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets have 60M in capspace why do we need to make a trade? They can sign guys outright and keep their pieces. Here's an idea offer 15M to Schroder, 25M to Reeves, 20M to Rui Hachimura ok done you keep all your pieces and still have a young and deep team that's gonna make noise in the playoffs.

#44 roslolian, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

honestly, it would be hilarious to watch the ensuing freakout

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think I prefer to build why steal/take other teams stars. If we are going to do that let’s at least trade with a team that isn’t one of the league’s darling teams. The Rockets already get enough hate as it is.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brown was almost invisible for long stretches last night. I mostly noticed him when he turned the ball over. He's a very good scorer, but I don't think he's in the top 10 players as self-creator, and scoring is literally the only thing he brings on that side of ball. His passing ability is very poor for a guy in his prime. Shockingly poor, even--Green is already better at making plays for others. On a team as stacked as Boston, Brown should be averaging at least a couple more assists.

If I bought into Brown as a truly elite, all-defensive type of two-way player then maybe I would feel different. But he's got some issues with standing around ball-watching at times. Great at the point of attack, but not a complete defensive player.

Right now I have him pegged as around the 25th to 30th best player in the league. He's good enough to be the second-best player on a championship team if you have a phenomenal #1 option, but as we saw last night, even a Tatum-level player might not be quite enough to get the job done.

If Brown was The Guy on your team with no other stars, you might not even make the playoffs. Deadly serious.

amaru and rpr52121 like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Celtics would want Sengun

10. mightybosstone

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. If Stone makes this trade for a guy coming off a series that bad with only one year left on his contract, he should be fired on the spot.

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

No way they should trade for that dude right now. They shouldn't make any trades that include the core group. With 60M in cap space, just sign the right FA's (not named Harden), saving room to go after guys next year when there are better guys available. Guys like Brown.

peleincubus and cml750 like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

As long as they come with Lebron and Anthony Davis too. Geez.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t want brown, but buying low isn’t a terrible idea. We bought Harden lowcoming off a terrible finals agaisnt Miami

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Simmons’ value is at an all-time low, too. As is John Collins. Maybe get a 4-team trade going?

Arnel and Believe It! like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Of course they would. He is our best player, they know it, the league knows it, and you know it.

bmelo and cml750 like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd prefer getting your cousin to getting Hachimura or Schroeder.

17. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Did you guys just not watch him play the last couple years. He loses his handle every other dribble. He has like a negative a/to ratio He’s best in movement and quick decision making to score. You want to pay a #2 with no ability to run an offense #1 money and lose all our assets. That’s foolish

Arnel and OremLK like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we can get him without giving up Green, Sengun or Jabari then sure. But I don't think there's a trade out there that makes sense for both parties.

Arnel likes this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is even more ridiculous than the thread. Just. Stop.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With a bench of Amen, Christopher, Tari, Garuba and a Center, the bench is nowhere near ready for a deep playoffs run......hehehe

It is the bench version of the Silas kids season.

Plowman likes this.