1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I tried the tactic of repeating arguments I've made he simply ignores until addressing them and he just put me on ignore. If you make him confront actual arguments he'll probably just put you on ignore.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do I really?

I would have thought I'd made it abundantly clear just how little I care about the vast majority of simpletons here. I'll have to redouble my efforts.

I can see how you, as the chief Jalen Green simp on the site, would get upset by a halfway decent take. I also realize you'll probably cry yourself to sleep tonight about it....but I'm not sure how your shortcomings are anyone else's problem.

3. fchowd0311

You care bud. You care.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guy, this is confession by projection. You've thrown hilarious tantrums time and time again. They'll never stop being funny to me.

The idea that you allegedly believe that I'd legitimately care about anything you claim to believe about anything whatsoever is absolutely peak comedy.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I thought the same thing recently. I don’t mind posters that follow a narrative. If all the person brings is zero substance to the board other than trashing other posters, and one or two players, you really have to question them.

there are maybe 3 to 4 posts that I can ever remember before I ignored him where he talked about anything else. It’s just strange.

It’s a little bit hard to read the board now because you can tell where he is just spamming the same stuff but it’s a little bit better if you guys just ignore him.

BallaDoc, cbass, OremLK and 1 other person like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Thanks for caring.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

Out of those I would go Wemby, Mobley, and then Cade... then probably Scoot, Jabai, and then Jalen. Barnes might be ahead of Jalen...

8. fchowd0311

So two guys with worse scoring efficiency than Green, one being a big who has guys like Siakam next to him and still is less efficient and another who has the scoring profile of Clint Capella but with a 58% league average efficiency which means below average efficiency for a center who gets almost all his buckets assisted.

9. Landry's Tooth

I understand a lot of people here are assuming Jalen Green is going to be Luka or Harden on offense.

That is delusional. He could be, but there are at least 10 busts for every superstar...

Excuses are ridiculous. Most highly drafted players are going to disfunctional franchises. That doesn't stop players from performing something resembling a good game...

Jalen isn't the first high pick to struggle early on. The Rockets are not the first team to be bottom 3 for 3 years in a row.

Being a fan is ok but that ceases to be the case when it makes you claim silly things like Jalen is likely a superstar in waiting.

If he was that great there would not be his name being mentioned constantly as a trade chip...

raining threes and BallaDoc like this.
  10. fchowd0311

No people aren't assuming that.

And just like @Bobbythegreat zero actual on court analysis and just vague platitudes a generic hot take ESPN host who watched zero Rocket games the past 3 years could say out of their ass.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

18-20 mil/yr is exactly what his value is, but that would get matched with little hesitation

there were people on here saying to hand him a max deal…pure lunacy

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No one is mentioning him as a trade chip but you.

charlieaustin likes this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

Tell me how many links you need for you to make a sincere apology????

14. fchowd0311

Bobby doesn't understand basic journalism.

One dude, a Yahoo sports reporter made one statement in one article and every other article or social media tweet that says the Rockets are trading Green are from that one specific source with literally zero other original sourcing corroborating.

BallaDoc likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid, I get that you are a blind simp....but on some level I know that you know the numbers show your deity is a disappointment....so while I've accepted that you'll lie to the death for your man, you have to realize no intelligent person takes you seriously on the subject.

You're here trying to spin **** for an outright scrub who is provably one of the worst defensive players in the entire league on one side of the ball and an inefficient chucker on the other side of the ball.

I'm not sure how many more years you'll be able to keep this delusional BS up, but it's already sad.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

BTW, Scottie Barnes is better than any player in this draft after Wemby and Scoot. He, now, is still worth the #4 pick. He is young and already NBA proven.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d trade #4 for Scottie without hesitation.

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

How is Scottie better? He’s actually quite honestly an awful man to man defender. People get right by him quite easily. Jalen cooked him regularly. He cannot shoot and can’t hit free throws. He’s not a dynamite rebounder and can’t close defensive possessions. He’s not a great low man or a weak side rim deterrent. His best role right now is switch big, who can’t defend or protect the rim, and play the short role after PNR. I’d slot him much lower.

20. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

How is Scottie better? He’s actually quite honestly an awful man to man defender. People get right by him quite easily. Jalen cooked him regularly. He cannot shoot and can’t hit free throws. He’s not a dynamite rebounder and can’t close defensive possessions. He’s not a great low man or a weak side rim deterrent. His best role right now is switch big, who can’t defend or protect the rim, and play the short role after PNR. I’d slot him much lower.