1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] X-Men '97 (Animated)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This show is pure nostalgia.

I don't know if we'll ever see a 'new' X-Men animated series based on the current run of comics. It seems like Kevin Feige wants to keep all of the animated and live action stuff in continuity with the MCU. Personally, I can't keep up with the current X-Men; it's way too out there and a little pretentious for me.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I remember when this was supposed to air originally, I was checking the TV Chronilog weekly. Every week, it was supposed to air Saturday morning, and every week, they'd air some other garbage until it finally aired after like a month of agony. They had me by the balls...I even bought the comic that was an adaptation of the first episode.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don’t ****ing remember

jiggyfly and donkeypunch like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I remember something like this... I'd be all torqued up at 10am Sat and they'd put some other **** on. They also once did a primetime showing IIRC, but it wasn't a particularly great episode. I was HYPED though.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I wonder if it was just a local programmer flexing his muscle a la KPRC in the 90s:

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That ALSO used to piss me off. I would have to stay up until 2am to watch Conan. Man.... entertainment options were ****ing SLIM back in the day, lol.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So many reruns of Wolverine crying over Jean...Jean...

Ziggy and Xerobull like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

X-MEN '97 Showrunner Reveals SpoileryNew Details Including When The Show Is Set And Additions To Team
    Despite us still not having a confirmed premiere date for X-Men '97, the show is still expected to arrive in 2023, and we now have some big updates courtesy of Head Writer Beau DeMayo. Check them out...
    News
    JoshWilding | 3/20/2023
    Filed Under: "Other" Source: The Direct
    [​IMG]

There's a lot of excitement for Marvel Studios' X-Men: The Animated Series follow-up, X-Men '97, though it has recently been caught up in a lot of unfounded rumours about delays and whatnot.

That's something Head Writer Beau DeMayo has denied on social media, and the hope is we'll still see the series arrive on Disney+ later this year. In the meantime, the mastermind behind this revival recently took part in the "X-Men: 60 Uncanny Years Live Virtual Event" (via The Direct) and shared some exciting new details about the project.

"We’re gonna be picking up about several months after Professor X left Earth after being shot by Henry Gyrich and had to return to the Shiar homeworld to be with Lilandra," DeMayo confirms. "And what ends up happening is that assassination attempt has led to this wave of increased sympathy towards mutants and understanding."

"Despite the friends of humanity still having their mullets and getting all up in it, things are really starting to look up for mutants. And this is gonna kind of come to a head and leads our X-Men to say, 'What does our future hold for us? We weren’t expecting this.'"

It sounds like we can look forward to something of a status quo shift for the X-Men, with the team no longer as hated and feared as they were the last time we saw them.

As for how they've evolved, DeMayo explains, "You’re gonna have Cyclops and Storm really wanting to carry on the dream. And they’ve recruited Morph and Bishop to actually become full-time members of the team."

Interestingly, he'd go on to reveal that there are some members of the team - Jean Grey, Rogue, and Gambit, to be specific - who start to wonder if there might be a life beyond being part of the X-Men. However, it's then that Magneto arrives at the mansion, looking for the opportunity to do good and move past his formerly villainous ways.

As for the overarching theme of the series, it sounds like it's all about figuring out what comes next. It's been a long time since we spent time with this iteration of the team, of course, so it seems fitting to take them somewhere new for their return decades after the show ended.

"As the X-Men are kind of looking at the future and, we’re going to be talking a lot about this, ‘How do you face the future? How do the X-Men do what they’ve been telling humanity to do for decades, which is embrace the future?'"

This one really can't get here soon enough and we have a feeling it will end up being something really special. With still no sign of Secret Invasion and Loki, not to mention What If...? season 2, it could be a while before we get another update as big as this one, but X-Men '97looks set to be worth the wait if these comments are any indication!

10. Xerobull

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that animation does not give me hope for this. uhoh..

Ziggy likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get what Hellfire Gala has to do with this and if Hellfire Gala has something to do with this, then I don't get why they used this art with Hellfire Gala. EITHER WAY - something doesn't belong.

ALSO - who is that cluboi?

13. Beezy

Beezy Member

#53 Beezy, May 30, 2023
    Last edited: May 30, 2023
  14. Xerobull

They nailed it. Terrible, choppy animation, music sounds like it was recorded in a tin can....nostalgia.

K mf G, Invisible Fan and Ziggy like this.
  15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm not so sure. The new one looks like crappy static flash animation, too close to Archer. With Disney money you'd think they could send it off to have it made in Japan again.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Yeppp

If they nail that nostalgia, I'll geek out with them continuing the same stories years ago.

17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Me too buddy. I must have been 9 or 10 years old. Tried so hard to stay up late.

Ziggy likes this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Apparently the creator of this theme from a 1980's Hungarian tv show is suing the X-Men creators for stealing his theme song, like 20 years after the fact.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, Marvel Animation is so soul-less. just like What if. One thing we know about (new) Marvel - They will cut corners.

20. Invisible Fan

If I were the judge, I sentence that theme writer hard time in a soviet gulag where he can make a better song that doesn't waste people's time or ruin their ears.

Ziggy and SuraGotMadHops like this.