1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he didn't pull the strap and the "goons" he hangs around, that was the owner of the gun was his own Alabama teammate. i guess he shouldn't be hanging around teammates. get the story straight before just throwing nonsense out there and trying to fit your own personal narrative

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kispert wasn’t highly ranked…he was drafted 15th and has been exactly as advertised so far in the NBA

Jabari has played 1 season in the NBA under the great Stephen Silas, and even he averaged 15 and 8 post ASB

Brandon Miller didn’t pull any strap…Why on earth would he be in jail?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

definitely seems like there’s a lot of that going on

I’ve seen the “he’s just another Jabari” narrative…Jabari is stiff and robotic on offense, Miller looks noticeably more fluid, skilled, and a like a natural scorer than Jabari

YOLO likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

They're just different types players even though the position and physical type are similar. Jabari can and will shoot right over guys. Miller is more of the crafty type of shooter who has to create space (off a screen, movement off the ball, etc) and he doesn't have the same ability to just rise up and knock down shots in the face of a long defender. Of course he can do it in mismatch situations though.

Jabari has much more two-way potential. He has all-defensive potential as he gets stronger and more consistent. Miller will never be that kind of guy. He'll be decent at best.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-alabam...-not-been-charged-with-a-crime-223931989.html

Why hasn’t the Alabama basketball star been charged with a crime?

Did Miller merely demonstrate poor judgment the night of the fatal shooting, when he allegedly brought teammate Darius Miles his handgun after Miles texted asking Miller to do so? Or does allegedly delivering the gun used to kill 23-year-old Jamea Jonae Harris potentially make Miller an accessory to murder?

cbass likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

two completely different players who would do just fine playing together. I would love to see them in 4/5 or 3/4 lineups together. The silly Miller downplays are mostly from folks trying to overhype Amen. Case in point 4th pick syndrome

folks being critical of Scoot for being a PG at 6'2 with a 6'9 wingspan and a nba ready body at 19 as if his size is a legit concern.

#646 YOLO, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Poor judgement sure. wrong place wrong time. sure.

But your he actually pulled the strap as if he shot her himself with his own hands? never happened.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know all the facts about the actual crime so I can't judge his level of involvement. But what concerns me about the off the court stuff is Miller's behavior after the fact. The finger guns celebration thing was just in incredibly poor taste. He is either too dumb to realize how that looks or doesn't care. Bad look either way. And apparently front offices do not like the answers he gave about it in interviews. I didn't either when he was asked about it by the media recently. Very nonchalant and I don't believe he has learned anything from this whole situation.

I would definitely add off the court issues to my list of concerns with him even if he's not guilty of a crime. Ja Morant's scandal should illustrate how these seemingly unrelated scandals can negatively affect the on-court product.

Socrates, Corpusfan and Aruba77 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

But you know CF's and their 4th pick syndrome.

But according to a report from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the situation is not going to affect Miller’s draft stock in any way, and teams are actually finding green flags with regards to Miller the person in their research.

“Teams have already spent a lot of time and resources on that particular event and the background of Brandon Miller. And what I’m getting back from those organizations is not only did they not find anything that they would consider disqualifying to select Brandon Miller, they are finding a young man who they say is mature, focused, whose character and his habits are actually an asset in their evaluation of him,” Wojnarowski said.

#649 YOLO, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I didn't say he shot, pulled the gun when called upon is what I meant. Yes those idiots are goons.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

So you try to talk like this but don't actually know what it means. Nice

He didn't pull out anything. He never even touched the gun.

his teammate is an idiot. No question about that. hardly call the alabama basketball team goons. Maybe you don't know what that really means either

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Don’t want him. Too many other good prospects. You think the victim’s family is just gonna let this go? One word: baggage. This is not over. We don’t need this.

ArtV and cbass like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Miller seems like a boring as hell pick.

If we don't trade - and man i hope we trade...hope we get someone who can actually create off the dribble in an efficient manner rather than forcing up contested shots

OremLK likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too little time to evaluate what his motor is going to be against adversity......

Pick him if he falls though, I just do not think Rockets can get a better player and it would be a gamble of a trade.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

And what is the victim’s family gonna do exactly? The facts have already been laid out.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

It was over for Miller a long time ago. Nothing’s happening to him. Now his teammate obviously not

you speak for the actual family? Obviously not. And never will

17. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Think he's going to fall. Per Givony's post both Charlotte and Portland are not satisfied and "still have questions to be answered". If not for the off the court, I'd definitely take him at 4. The Rox need to do their homework on this one. His skill set would be a big plus to this roster.

Rokman and cmlmel77 like this.
  19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would not draft Brandon over the Thompson Twin, Brandon just have shooting vs elite defense, passing, elite 1step and vision. There is nothing elite or special about Brandon, I do not see elite talent. Also, he did not play well against top 50 teams this year, opponent’s length and physicality is his WEAKNESS

ArtV likes this.
  20. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Unless they trade out, if Miller falls to 4 the Rockets absolutely draft him and he’s starting at the 3 next year.

PeppermintCandy and Corrosion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.