1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari and Jalen interview each other

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface281, May 12, 2023.

1. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

man this is too cynical come on man

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was doing what his team asked him to.

They wanted to force feed the young scrubs, so that's what was done.

The hope was the young hype machines would rise to the occasion and show the reason top 3 picks were wasted on them....unfortunately that didn't happen.

3. Ancient Moabite

The self proclaimed PG and head honcho along with the coaches approval and a quasi new contract could have done whatever since he was the only one capable of bringing up the ball and setting up the offense(using your criteria)

I don't get where the hype was other than them being ranked to go in the lottery, no major magazine had them on covers talking about they are about to take over the league or they are the chosen ones, they were both raw/young and talked most about reaching their apex potential which could be special, and can be used for all players, including the one you water boy for heavily

You sure do be reaching with your personal definitions of hype/scrubs etc

They didn't force feed nobody, Wood was gone so it was naturally going to Green as next up to take that role

And they didn't run any plays for Jabari, the original water boy(silas) let that be known, just as he wanted KPJ iso'ing more to score, but he wasn't capable of having another one of those Bucks games or even close to it, one hit wonder

But as I said there is still hope because he showed progress after being a scrub first 3 seasons in (according to how you use ts% to judge players)

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, "they didn't force feed nobody"....yeah that's why the worst offensive player on the roster, Jabari Smith, was taking over 11 shots a game....that's why the low efficiency chucker Jalen was taking 18 shots a game....

Both of those guys would have been buried on the bench on a good team trying to win, but the Rockets kept them out there on the court playing like ass and ensured they were constantly fed the ball.

I know reality goes against the false narrative you keep pushing...but I can't help you there kiddo. Hopefully one day your adopted scrubs become at least halfway decent players so you don't look so foolish anymore.

Good luck!

5. Ancient Moabite

If my aunt had balls.....

11 shots per game is not high usage, and taking the extra shots from Wood and even after Gordon trade was natural progression, its just most number one option are seasoned vets and not 20 on a mandated tanking team

The entire roster would have coming off bench for contenders, while others like Nix probably wouldn't be on roster

Hawks weren't even contenders and I doubt those players they got from Rockets trade probably got any burn, but were getting minutes on the bottom feed rockets

You are just making my point when I said you are praising up Beavis n Butthead over the 3 stooges(or vice versa)

You are calling others a scrub while you are being a water boy/enabler for the other scrub they picked off the scrap iron for 55th pick(scrub level draft capital)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

11 shots per game for one of the worst offensive players on the roster is WAY too many....when a .514 TS% player is taking 11 shots per game, it's basically intentional sabotage.

That's the 3rd most shots on the entire team to a guy who didn't belong on the court at all. When it comes to offensive incompetence, he was right between Josh Christopher and Daishen Nix....guys who mercifully were only taking 4 or 5 shots a game....and that was still too much.

If Nix was taking 11 shots a game, would you really be saying that's no big deal?

I'm calling some of the worst players on the 2nd worst team in the NBA "scrubs" and you are crying about that....it's weird. You keep saying "but what about another player on the same team who played a lot better?" as your only response.....well he wasn't amazing either, but he was the most consistently good player on the entire team, so when looking to hand out criticism, it seems a bit odd to start there.

7. Ancient Moabite

No its not on a tanking mandated squad, its crazy he got 11 shots per game being they ran nothing for him basically

KPJ TS% first 3 seasons are basically that at probably around 52% which is why I call him a scrub, taking your advice, so of course he is nothing amazing when judging from the whole pie, you taking a slice and running amok with it, most consistently good (but still a scrub) is nothing to water boy for

Who on the roster should have been given those minutes?

You seem to confuse what true rebuild/scrub/hype really is

If Nix was drafted as a core high lottery piece for my team then I wouldn't have a problem with him taking 11 shots especially if no plays were ran for him, I can't believe Jabari avg that many per game, should have been higher

I already mentioned while back that Alpi/Jabari/Green should be taking all the shots, since they are the pieces to start the rebuild, so let them go thru it sink or swim because that's what the front office signed up for

You seem to be confused and trying to deflect that on others

But like Fred Sanford says....you big ole _ _ _ _ _

8. Ancient Moabite

No its not on a tanking mandated squad, its crazy he got 11 shots per game being they ran nothing for him basically

KPJ TS% first 3 seasons are basically that at probably around 52%

Who on the roster should have been given those minutes?

You seem to confuse what true rebuild/scrub/hype really is

If Nix was drafted as a core high lottery piece for my team then I wouldn't have a problem with him taking 11 shots especially if no plays were ran for him, I can't believe Jabari avg that many per game, should have been higher

I already mentioned while back that Alpi/Jabari/Green should be taking all the shots, since they are the pieces to start the rebuild, so let them go thru it sink or swim because that's what the front office signed up for

You seem to be confused and trying to deflect that on others

But like Fred Sanford says....you big ole _ _ _ _ _

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right, which is why they kept forcing things to guys like Jalen and Jabari.....the ONLY reason you'd want those two to touch the ball is if you want to tank.

Those were 2 of your worst players, even on the 2nd worst team in the league, you'd bench them if you really wanted to win.

You calling those awful players "core" doesn't really change that. If they don't DRASTICALLY improve on both sides of the ball, that kind of "core" is one that never sniffs the playoffs.

10. Ancient Moabite

They were already tanking before they drafted them to after drafting them, they planned to get 3 consecutive very high lotto picks

WHY is that so hard for you to wrap your brain around? Who in their right mind thought drafting 3 teenagers and trading for a then troubled teenager was going to magically result to not being at or near bottom just two seasons later?

You want those two along with Sengun touching the ball because you are invested in them, for better or worse in this rebuild phase

You make it seem like the Rockets had bench players that would come in and secure victories, they don't, even if you try to trick yourself and repeat it over and over

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

A short, produced video can be misleading, but ... this interview gives me the impression that Jabari is significantly more mature, and possibly more fundamentally serious, than Jalen is.

I keep not seeing signs that Jalen is the kind of player you can build a team around. But I'm slightly more encouraged about Jabari.

Os Trigonum and GotGame15 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really don't understand where you get that from.

But a player to build a team around requires talent which Green has a lot more of.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I slightly disagree here.

I agree that Bari seems to be the guy who can string along proper sentences and seems to have seen the NBA world because of his dad.

But I still think he gives off this fake tough guy vibe, he is childish in his chip on the shoulder behavior.

Trying to poke fun at 60 yr old Michael Jordan. Talking too much trash.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah that is zoomer confidence. I would hope a 19/20 year old Jabari could think he can beat a 60+ year old MJ

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You mean to say "zoomer overconfidence"

Jabari isn't even a starting caliber player in the NBA right now, but he's constantly running his mouth. It's a bad look and will continue to be a bad look until he gets a lot better, if he ever gets a lot better.

That's kind of the problem when you miss on top 3 picks like the Rockets have the past 2 seasons, you get guys who are awful on the court who think they are amazing based on draft position.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was around the AS Break where normally the younger players and older players respect each other.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1867508-kobe-bryant-ready-to-adapt-if-athleticism-disappears#:~:text=It was startling to hear,“moreso than using speed.”

17. fattz

fattz Member

I felt for the coaching staff while I watched this. These are kids, not NBA players. Smith says “I am not a kid” in the video when Green called him a kid & Green says I got the playing time but didn’t like my play. I can only imagine what the day to day is like. Good luck COACH!

#77 fattz, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    anthony59237 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wut

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member