1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I was onboard until the basketball freedom quote.

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I didn't like that story either but I'm not sure it was a quote.

3. dmoneybangbang

Fair point, but I would still be very concerned especially if it came at the cost of a $200 million max.

To be clear, I'm not saying no to Harden in any situation. I just really want the Rockets to go in a different direction since it seems like rushing things for reasons I don't necessarily agree with.

cbass likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I think a lot of this news about linking so many random players to Houston is low key making fun of the franchise and the fans who are dumb enough to buy the obvious BS coming from Harden's camp.

That's definitely what I think Pat Bev was doing.

5. dmoneybangbang

I just don't believe this is a make it or break it year.

1) Easy to say when it's a theoretical max contract "mentoring" on the bench. An injured Harden the type to show up to mentor the kids in practice?

3) Harden makes everyone better when you play Harden's way, unless you are the aforementioned superstars. I certainly won't deny it would help the record short term, but the short term isn't too much of a concern to me. Real easy to just claim Ime will coach Harden "the eight way" or even if Harden wants to be coached by Ime..... This may all be a moot point.

4) Unfortunately for those with a more discerning eye, all winning is equal. Watched him for a over a decade and not someone I would consider bringing in to mentor blue chip players. I said in 1), "Practice??".

Mathloom and xaos like this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

We’ll see what happens! I think it’s all a load of ****. Never really thought he’ll actually come back

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

but he shot terribly last year and he is a dirty nutt knocker.

Patience likes this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Agreed

Mathloom likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Ben Dubos made a great point. Two years and the third partially guaranteed. It’s pretty much a two year deal . His last year will be reasonable for both parties and very easy to trade

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Phila wins zero playoff games against Boston without Harden. And he won 2 of them single-handedly.

It is unreal how underrated he is on both ends of the floor.

riko, larsv8 and clos4life like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't care if they sign Harden for 60 million next season. It's Tilman's money. I just don't want them to give him any guaranteed contract longer than two years.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

"underrated.... on both ends of the floor.."

Lmao. great joke.

Maxgx likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

The **** is your problem being so heavily triggered? I’m not trying to get you triggered, that is your choice not mine. You then qualify all you wrote to say it isnt entirely directed at me, yet you choose to quote me. Wtf???

Did I call James Harden an ex girlfriend? No. Read what I posted.

An ex gf is not a family member. How the hell did you get there? An ex gf, you shared a whole ****ing life with your ex?? Were you born with your hips conjoined to the ex gf? Why the **** is that my problem, making crazy decisions like spending your whole ****ing life w an ex?

Life situations??? Wow. I don’t give a **** about your feelings. You either understand what I wrote or you don’t understand the analogy. Not gonna explain anymore or even try to correct.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

What the ****? No, I never wanted Harden traded. Stop assuming I don’t want him here because I never wanted him to leave in the first place.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

Holding him so he doesn’t help some other team? I suppose thats a strategy, but he really should be ring chasing to get that monkey off his back.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brooks can come play for us on a small one-year deal and a short leash so we can easily cut bait if he causes problems. Only way I'd want him on the team.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . IMO . .. I like the idea of him holding cap space until our guys are ready.

I'd give him a 2+1+1 deal
    In 3 yrs. . . when our guys are ready to explode. . . if he not producing
    cut him and open a Harden Size whole of cap space

Rocket River
    Holding the cap space.
    We have to spend x amount
    So keep a nice size in Harden to open later

Rocket River

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  19. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Buy low…then sell high

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

he’ll never get the credit he deserves even if he’s the third best player in a championship team. The media has made up their minds on Harden. Sad but it’s just a fact

s3ts likes this.