1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kelly Iko BOMB] Rockets interested in CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac'n, May 23, 2023.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not possible to do what you suggest.

After trading picks for CP3 and Capela you have no cap space left and couldn't offer anything to Harden or FVV

Just sayin.....

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Everyone's agents are using us as leverage. Wouldn't be surprised if Lebron is next.

Tho, honestly, I'd much rather pay Lebron the max than Harden the max. lol

If we get CP3, might as well get Draymond, Dillon Brooks and Beverly too, become the most hated team in the league of this era.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If this CP3 transitioning into like a true player-coach where he becomes an assistant coach here in 2-3 years? This may work.

He could be great for these guys development. It's possible he helped OKC's SGA with his development. That could be great for like TyTy, Jalen, and Jabari.

And for all you guys crying about making the playoffs, CP3's teams have not missed the playoffs since 2010. That is 5 different organizations with multiple rosters and coaches going to back to the Hornets. He would help the coaching staff/FO figure which of the young players have the motor and dog mentality they need to have.

Plus he isn't going to play for longer then 2 years which is before the Rockets have to start paying any of their young guys.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't someone spot LeBron visiting schools in Houston or something?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rashmon likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, he ultimately decided not to come after Disney decided not to build that rumored theme park.

Easy likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I have a hard time seeing CP3 welcoming a move back to Houston.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would much much much prefer to have CP3 back in a veteran leader role than Harden back as "Houston Harden."

Harden back in a veteran leader role > CP3 (mostly hurt) in a veteran role

However count me as doubtful that Harden has the capability to alter his game, mentality, and offer leadership value. I think he's capable, but I have my doubts where I know CP3 can be a valuable presence, and if he's able to be on the court enough, he's going to help youngsters get better.

cml750 likes this.
  9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Lol I know it doesn’t work cap wise. More of a sarcastic take

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i doubt it... everybody knows that the rox got all the cap space... so everybody and their brother is gonna linked to them and a fat payday...

11. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

PASS we have been down that road before...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One banana crew member after another, they are going to retire soon.

Time really flies.

Easy likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

At least we wouldn't have to worry about him blowing a hammy in the playoffs, seeing as how we won't even sniff the playoffs again until he's retired.​

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

99% is not 100%

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he might be better just being on the bench
    If he plays no more than like 4~5 minutes a quarter

Rocket River

cml750 likes this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's a deep cut.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

CP3 would be a tremendous mentor for essentially everyone on the team, there is no way in hell. He wants to come back after we traded him and treated him like we did.. as well, while I think there would be so much benefit in the mentorship r****d we probably can spend that money elsewhere.

I think that the best thing about it though as a hypothetical scenario, is it allowing us to push that cap space to next year.

Rockethard likes this.
  18. mightybosstone

If I have to pick between paying Harden $50M a year over four years or Paul $30M a year over two, I'll take that Chris Paul contract 10 times out of 10. This roster is not competing in the next two years and if you're paying Harden $50M a year in four years, you're probably not going to be a contender in four either.

Paul is a better fit for what the young kids need to develop and his contract will offer far more flexibility to the front office moving forward when there's a young star they actually want to make an offer to who actually fits the timeline of this core. And all of the things you said here in terms of age, wanting "top dollar," having to guard people, etc. apply to Harden. Some even more so than Paul.

cml750 likes this.
  19. Rockethard

Rockethard Member

I am in for cp3. He’s old and at the tail end of his career but you know you get a player who will teach these kids. How exactly is his last 2 years structured? Partial and non guaranteed?

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Haven’t y’all heard him talk about the Rockets? CP3 HATES us.