1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green wouldn't mind the Rockets drafting Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 22, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The same people who judge Green's "work ethic" are the same people in this video:

"You know how it is"
    Is probably the most common phrase of these people.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Here's what's really happening. Jalen isn't the efficient, great, player that people thought they were getting when he was drafted #2. They thought, yeah, he's young, he'll be immature for a bit but he'll get better every year. Well that hasn't happened in most fans eyes and when the entertainment that people are looking for is winning and the guy who is supposed to be the one to lead the team to winning doesn't seem to match the mentality and aggression of the winners in the past ala Hakeem, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, etc. fans start to try and pinpoint what it is that's different about this guy versus those who lead their team to a Championship. Watching a "grown man" who technically is still a child and very representative of the current societal behaviors that turns off a lot of people like painting your nails and acting effeminate not lead his team efficiently and with a lead dog attitude is going to get criticism. I don't care what league you are in and what country you play in. Painted nails doesn't mean you won't be a winner and taken seriously (Rodman) but painted nails and a beta attitude while losing will get you chewed up.

3. fchowd0311

Ya it's so fake right? Look at your paragraph. This is exactly what I'm referring to with this "pr toughness".

Like look at your logic. Rodman didn't get crapped on for wearing painted nails because he won...

Okay boss, tell me how many wins the Rockets have this season if they replaced 20 year old Green with 20 year old Rodman.

Yes people take something entirely irrelevant, a team full of D1 aged kids losing games, and pair that with "he paints his fingernails".

This is all a product of 100 years of grindset capitalism pr speak that Americans are conditioned to believe.

cbass and Dankstronaut like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes but you're talking about one season and all the players who led their team to a championship had a bad season. Also, all the players who had JG's (lack of) pre-NBA experience sucked balls in year 1 and 2. Even Lavine and Booker sucked in year 1 and they had college experience.

You're jumping to conclusions because, well, you're prejudiced. You think painting nails is an issue when it's not. Reminds me of when people thought MJ only cared about popularity because he wore jewelry on the court. Then he won everything and suddenly being stylish on the court became an Alpha thing rather than a Beta thing. You're just projecting your insecurities on the kid and it's highly likely because someone did that to you and unlike JG you caved.

Here's Dwane Wade who took a backseat to Lebron James on his own team:

[​IMG]

Judging by your archaic analysis, you don't really understand what an Alpha does. Alphas change things. That means - in Wade's case - being so secure that hierarchy doesn't affect you. It means painting your fingernails. It means not showering after games like Rodman. It means breaking the rules. Betas keep things the same. Don't worry about who's an Alpha, you don't really get it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We might be upset about Jalen Green's complete lack of development and suggest that maybe he doesn't have that "legendary work ethic" that his defense squad always claims.....but one thing is for sure, there has never been ANYONE in the world more committed to defending Jalen Green at all costs than @fchowd0311

Jalen Green's own mother wouldn't defend him as zealously.

Rokman likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

I'd rather be Jalen Green's mom than be someone who's entirely life has been ruined because Jalen Green ****ed my mom which is what seems to have happened in your case.

Where did Jalen Green touch your mom? Or where did he touch you because this could be something even more deeply seeded.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you get so hilariously emotional when discussing your man.

I don't judge, love is love.

9. fchowd0311

The notion of a team fan being hyped about a young promising player is much more within the real of "normal mentally sane behavior" than spending hours a day on a team forum b****ing about a 21 year old.

I'm going against my better judgement to engage with you to see if I can inject some basic self-awareness into you.

I even know you spend hours doing this shtick in other social media platforms like Twitter so observers of this comment chain here, understand Bobby not only spends hours a day here b****ing about Green but also does it on Twitter. That means he spends half a work day b****ing about a 21 year old ball player.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guy, you go WELL beyond normal fan behavior, you go well beyond family member behavior when it comes to your man....

It's cool, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that you can't be taken seriously when it comes to the issue of your beloved. I was just giving you props for you unyielding devotion.

11. fchowd0311

That's fine by me. I'm a Jalen Green addict. You pegged me right.

But in the grand scheme of human behavior, your pattern is far more worrisome in a mental health kinda of aspect. Dedicating time to a fandom of a player is normal outside of things like stalking. The obsessive hate of a individual where yo spend hours on it per day is worrisome.

It's the concept of being addicted to something based on enjoyment or based on hate. The later is far more concerning for mental health reasons.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry killer, but being an obsessed superfan of a 21 year old mediocre player is considerably more "worrisome" than a fan of a team criticizing one of the objectively worst performing players on that team.

Every time he performed well, I enjoyed it, when he performed poorly, I criticized it.....you know, normal human behavior.

You on the other hand.....I'm legitimately concerned for anyone around you if your man ever runs out of excuses and is held to account for his level of play. I honestly do not think you are capable of handling something like that....look how crazy you get about mild criticism.

13. vince

vince Member

I always respect Nook’s opinion! This post makes me feel a bit more confident about Amen Thompson.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I'm happy you are faking your concern for me. It shows you have some basic understanding of how mentally healthy behavior looks like even though the obvious concern trolling is apparent.

When I'm claiming you have mental health issues it isn't because I sincerely care about you. I'm not going to go down that level and concern troll. I just sincerely think you are very off-putting human to be around.

Dedicating time to following your favorite basketball player regardless of how poor or medicare you think they are is normal to me. I think for you, it requires severely meta steps back and just stare at your post history in the GARM for the past two years and see it's days to months worth of content ******** on a 19-21 year old. It's 90% of your posts and then on top of that youe time is also spread thin to other social media platforms. You might spend 6 hours in a 8 hour work day per day for 7 days a week b****ing about a 20 year old.

That isn't healthy and I'm not telling you this because I'm sincerely concerned about your mental health. I'm saying this because I simply don't respect you as a human and that comes not from not liking Green but the very nature in how you express your opinions and your very right wing fascist political talking points you've expressed for a decade here before you got banned from posting in the D&D

#134 fchowd0311, May 23, 2023
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. vince

vince Member

I always respect Nook’s opinion! This post makes me feel a bit more confident about Amen Thompson.

i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sorry to break this to you but you could go back 2000 years and dudes painting their nails still wouldn't be accepted. Tell me a period in history that you know of where a dude acting like a chick was accepted as the way to be. Even the founding fathers who wore wigs and dusted their face didn't paint their nails.

Listen, we all know you're gay/trans and have a soap box to stand on but 90+% of the people on here just disagree with you. There's nothing wrong with you being gay. Be yourself fchowd0311, that's your thing but straight men, no matter what color or heritage or background, think that $hit is soft and immasculating. We don't like it. Period.

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Of the Shooting Guards in the NBA, he averaged 22.1 a game….he was 7th in scoring. He just needs to bring his FG% up to 45% and 36% to the 3 point line. Better coaching and a point guard with help with his shooting selections….

18. BreakYoSelfFool

Lol, everyone assuming he's talking about Amen like he's the only thompson twin

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Super weird assessment bruv.

20. fchowd0311

So I'm trans because I don't think a man's worth and ability to endure hardships has anything to do with superficial fashion appearances or being into certain hobbies like fashion?

I understand that general society frowns upon it. General society made it illegal for women to open their own line of credit without a male guardian or spouse cosigning until the 1970s. Society has stupid opinions often.

You are a product of those stupid opinions.

Dankstronaut likes this.