1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green wouldn't mind the Rockets drafting Amen Thompson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 22, 2023.

1. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. This upcoming season will show us what he's about especially if our new coach holds them accountable.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  2. chadyang

chadyang Member

Amen to that

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

That would mean another year of KPj at pg because Amen will be a bench player. Jalen said we have too many forwards when PG brought up Miller, but we'd have a logjam of guards with Amen too. He did throw in a "we need vets" which is ultimately what i think we do. Trade the pick or trade down for GDick or CWallace. Scoot is lost to us. Just like Bryce was lost to the Texans. We're not moving up.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. invocux

invocux Member

Him not wanting to do dunk contest isn't a problem yes but you can't be a super chill dude and also be ambitious as **** that's just coping. Jalen is just a chill kid i just wanna hoop man life is good, say no to wars here's my peace tattoo, let's hold our hands together and dance kinda neo-hippie kid. No he does not cry his eyes out and punch the walls when he loses a game. Every bb player ever lived had desire to win but truly wanting it, going out on your shield to get it is different. This and obviously talent seperates winners from losers. And winners improve because they work their asses off. Rookie Jalen and sophomore Jalen are pretty much the same. Less efficient even.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s amazing to me that Jalen can make a few innocent comments and a few hours later there’s multiple articles trying to turn nothing into something.

6. kpdark

kpdark Member

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Scoot and Amen are Pitbulls. So is Jabari. We have them and we have what it takes to elevate Green's competitive nature when needed. I have no problem giving up picks to get Scoot. He's the bigger pitbull. He can shoot somewhat. The pick next year may amount to nothing numerically, or in terms of talent. But Scoot is a major upgrade with the shooting so worth moving up to secure. I can liven with Amen. But Scoot is one level higher.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Scoot and Amen are Pitbulls. So is Jabari. We have what it takes to elevate Green when needed. I have no problem giving up picks to get Scoot. He's the bigger pitbull. He can shoot somewhat. The pick next year may amount to nothing numerically, or in terms of talent. But Scoot is a major upgrade with the shooting so worth moving up to secure. I can live with Amen. But Scoot is one level higher.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He actually said we have too many guards in that PG interview. PG brought up the Rockets would look good with Brandon Miller, and he said "but we got a lot of guards, bro". What's interesting is that he said this despite wanting Amen (though Amen could probably play 2 or 3 positions if things work out for him) because of his height and weight (and he's putting on weight).

Here's the exact point in the interview where he says it :

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

…..and worst shooter in the draft by a significant amount.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's more important, being capable of shooting a basketball, or making flashy dunks in empty gyms or against children in a glorified rec league?

12. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I think all will agree: This 3rd season will really be it - either JG breaks out or he is what he is

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You want him to like rant and rave and jump up on the couch like he's Tom Cruise or some **** to prove he wants to be a winner?

That's WEIRD bro.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I didn't reclick it, but i thought he was saying we got too many forwards in response to PG saying Miller could play 3/4 and then Green said we got Bari. Obviously it is strange if he meant guards after just putting in his vote for Amen.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I personally don't like how JG doesn't want to do the slam dunk again and making excuses that his legs hurt and he can't do "waiting for 2 hours" and dunking cold. Like bro, think about all the greats that have gone through the same grind and went out and won. Many of those went on to go on and compete in the all star game itself. That's not Mamba or Jordan mentality at all. My floor comp was Latrell Sprewell/LaVine and only because of mentality limiting him. I haven't given up, of course, but year 3 is going to be huge for how a lot of us view him. I personally hope i don't get fooled by big numbers like Zach LaVine that just don't translate to winning.

Also hope he really matures out of the mumbling and covering his mouth making the mumbling even more difficult to understand. It makes him come across as an unsure of himself 15 year old. Take notes from PG. Speak clearly and with conviction.

TimDuncanDonaut, HD729 and joshuaao like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That’s about as generic of an answer as you can give

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

PG said Brandon Miller was an option, but Jalen said "we got a lot of guards though, bro". To which PG said "he could be a 3 or 4". JG just said "Jabari..." PG laughed and said "y'all got options", to which Green laughed and said "we got too many options!"

Who knows - maybe Green is in on some misinformation and saying he wants Amen. :D

i3artow i3aller and Caesar like this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Well the lane would open up if Sengun wasn't such a low efficiency shooter from 3.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it dispels anything. Personally, I think he see Amen as a better fit than Scoot.

Amen offers more; length, able to switch/guard multiple positions, equal vision and passer to Scoot Henderson.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it dispels anything. Personally, I think he see Amen as a better fit than Scoot.

Amen offers more; length, able to switch/guard multiple positions, equal vision and passer to Scoot Henderson.