1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's thoughts on James Harden coming back to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's Finest, May 22, 2023.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Discussion starts at the 45:30 mark in regards to Jalen Green's thoughts on a possible Harden return.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Ah yes, another James Harden thread.....Clutch fans surreal emotional reaction to James Harden yet again lmao. :D

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

PG: Harden will hinder your growth being ball dominant
    Green: I agree

Harden fans: He made MAxeY sO mucH beTTer

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Green is clearly not a fan of the idea.

BallSoHarden, DeBeards, Vudu and 3 others like this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Good, no place for that chump here

BlastOff, kjayp and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last time I checked, they both nominally play the same position. Unless you play Harden at the 3 or Green at the 1.
    Put them on the floor together and the defense would, uh, suffer?

7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Hey man, I'm just here to report the news! LOL

HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know that Green was trying to be political, but you could read between the lines and see that he's not on board on bring Harden back. I respect that he semi gave an answer but I personally would've liked to of heard him say that he was on board with whatever the team management (Udoka) wanted to do and that the cream always rises to the top! He came across as being insecure with his place in the pecking order if James came back. I DIGRESS...

Go Rockets!!!

Jontro, DeBeards, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  9. kpdark

kpdark Member

Best Influence

off-court

Jontro and raining threes like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is 6ft6.

He confused Detroit and expected to be taken 1st.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Either am I.

13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Great points here as usual BamBam. The only thing I'll add is that we have to keep in mind that he's a 21 year old kid. In about 3-4 years from now I fully expect your example to be his answer. One thing that I love about the youth is they are always honest and transparent.

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

As of now he hasn’t earned the right for us to care what he thinks…

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Lmao @ people "reading between the lines" and that he's clearly not on board. He responded to a pretty negatively loaded question with "it can work both ways". Amazing how the most successful Rocket since Hakeem gets the level of disrespect Harden does, clearly our fanbase deserves a lifetime worth of the Lowry-Dragic era so maybe some of you can remember what it was like being an 8th seed every single season and having no hope of being able to compete whatsoever while also getting a trash draft pick. And the person that changed all of that, James Harden, many of you somehow hate with a passion lmao. Carried us to the playoffs every single season he was here, turned us into a free agent destination which was certainly not the case prior to his arrival and yet still threads full of people trashing him. What player of quality would ever want to play for a fanbase that turns on them the second they leave after providing a decade of success

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Jalen Green said out of his own mouth that he "agrees" with Paul George that bringing Harden back is a bad idea. How is that anyone reading in between the lines when the dude said it himself? Did you even watch the video? Apparently not...

BlastOff, joshuaao, Mathloom and 3 others like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

PG13 wrong for that lol

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

"No I agree, it can play both ways" I watched the video perfectly fine, do you know what context is? He was saying in one sense he agrees in terms of it hindering his ability to get hands on experience against double-triple teams and other things learned through experience, but that it can play both ways in that he would learn a lot from Harden. No where does Jalen Green say "I agree, bringing Harden back is a bad idea" he said he agrees with the point George is making about it taking some opportunities from him then goes on to say its a give and take situation with the "it goes both ways". Did you even watch the video? If so please show me where he explicitly says it's a bad idea to bring Harden back.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Jalen better shoot league average next season.

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I’m guessing he’s thrilled with the “growth” he and his twin brother had the last couple of years?

Little Bit likes this.