1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hopeless are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 19, 2023.

?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hopeless are you?

Poll closed Jun 18, 2023.
  1. 1

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. 2

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. 3

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. 5

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. 6

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. 7

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. 8

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. 9

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. 10

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do Not Forget Miami Fuego.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. mightybosstone

6-7. But it has nothing to do with not getting the No. 1 pick. My big concern is management and the front office. I always knew they were going to be bad after Harden left, so these last three years, while disappointing, haven't been a surprise. And they've built a quality young core of players, which I feel pretty good about. What concerns me is the idea that they'd rather sacrifice the long-term vision to build a contender for moderate short-term success by bringing back James. That tells me what I need to know about what their real strategy has been all along.

It just feels like they're doubling down on the mistake of the Westbrook trade by then making another mistake by assuming the rebuild is over since they don't have their own picks and bringing in a ton of vets. What they do with that 4th overall pick will tell me a ton about where this franchise is headed. If they use it to add a quality player through the draft, great. If they use it to bring in a borderline all-star veteran who's going to take away minutes and touches from the kids, we're doomed.

OremLK, BHannes2BHonest and sydmill like this.
  3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Why would Rockets fans feel hopeless? We've got young guys with potential. Now we have to see how they develop.

No matter what would have happened in the last 3 drafts/lotteries, there would still be a faction on here who would complain and forecast gloom and doom.

If we had won this year's lottery, we'd be inundated with posts saying that guys over 7'2" have no longevity ( and basing it off Yao , who'd already broken his foot twice before ever being drafted and Ralph). There's be other's complaining because Wembanyama shot 27% from behind the arc last year.

If we'd won the '22 lottery and selected Banchero. He could have had the same season and been ROY and people would be screaming about his stats and calling him a bust ( 42.7FG%, 29.8 3P%, 3.7 ast/ 2.8 TO, 52.9 TS%).

If we'd have won the '21 lottery and selected Cade Cunningham, same story - people would look at his stats and call him a bust ( 41.6 FG%, 31.4 3P%, 5.6 Ast/3.7 TO, 50.4TS%). And then as bad as his efficiency was his rookie year, his numbers are even worse in most all categories in year 2 and he only plays 12 games before going out for the year? CFans would have lost it's mind.

We'll see the same thing in the draft. No matter who we take, there will be people that complain. Lot's of wild assumptions and generalizations will be made. If we draft Amen Thompson, it's going to be a firestorm. We'll hear things like a starting PG can't be a poor 3pt shooter even though there's a couple in the league right now doing fine (Ja and Fox). We'll hear that his shot will never improve regardless of the fact that most guys do improve their shot. We'll hear that without a 3 pt shot then he wont be able to get to the rim, even though both Fox and Ja are top 5 in the league in drives and pts in the paint. Thompson is Ben Simmons even though Simmon's issues are his back and mental and that he was an All-Star and All-NBA player prior to him basically shutting down and not wanting to play. I'm sure there's other's that I'm missing.

So what's different now? Just another day at the office for Clutchfans.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Trade that pick man.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

I am Rocket’s fan but I don’t let them control my emotions. I enjoy the whole process from lottery night, draft day, summer league, the trimming of the roster for opening game, holiday special if we get one, trade deadline, play offs and championships. I like watching the kids grow with in themselves. Team success comes with knowing how to blind the players. I think we are in a good place with new management. Would like to see some our players traded. Just personal preferences. I will continue to support my team no matter who, what, when, where, or how they play; why I am a Rocket Fan.

RocketWalta and aelliott like this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

this is what is going to happen imo. With tilly basically guaranteeing a splash and the Harden cat out of the bag already… I expect them to trade this pick and others for vet help. Especially if scoot or miller don’t fall…

I prefer cam over amen if we did pick 4 but I expect this pick to be traded tbh

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

tilman-fertitta-shut-up-and-listen-book-laughing.jpg

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh yeah, with Harden The Rockets for sure get the 2023-2024 Swag Championship..

daywalker02 likes this.