1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

A bit dramatic no?

coachbadlee and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

When I talk about winning, I'm talking about winning a championship, not winning games. Harden walked out of here claiming he couldn't win a championship!
    Again, no one is saying that this team doesn't improve with Harden, what doesn't make any sense is that we are now trying to bring him to a developing team when he left pretending to win a ring!

3. Ancient Moabite

This pretty much sums up this current fast food microwave (cancel then re-new) culture

HP3, SamFisher and clos4life like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Big if, considering Harden is still wanting to play an offense centered around him.

I just don’t believe Harden is at the point where he thinks he needs to change.

jim1961 likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

At first I was ready to believe this, but after a couple of days and the only guy who's reported it is the Sixers beat reporter, complete radio silence from literally everyone else, I'm beginning to get suspicious. Is this just being put out there by Harden's camp and maybe the Rockets aren't quite as all-in on the idea as it's being made to sound?

BMoney and jim1961 like this.
  6. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

What do you expect to hear? Nothing can be reported except innuendo until July 1.

Even reporting with this much certainty is highly unusual - opens Houston up to a definite tampering investigation, although I assume our front office hasn’t been dumb enough to leave evidence of talks with Harden’s camp.

Plowman and sirjesse like this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just expected to hear something from one of the Rockets' mouthpiece reporters, even if it was "the Rockets have not had talks with Harden but the feeling in the organization is positive about a possible reunion". I find it kind of strange that they haven't written about it at all.

jim1961 likes this.
  8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Really?

upload_2023-5-20_17-18-45.jpeg

Believe It! likes this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

So I believe Zach Lowe and Tim MacMon and numerous other people have spoke about it. I have no doubts that Harden misses living in Houston but he knows his resume' is incomplete without a ring. I would be disappointed if he put up the white flag and came back. If he really wants a ring, i believe he has to go back to being a sixth man. In the playoffs, it has become quite hard to hide one-way players.

OremLK likes this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

At first, I thought it a possibility. But like you, I became suspicious and now I am firmly not buying any of it.

Until I hear it directly from the Rockets FO or out of Hardens own mouth, it isn't news, its a massive PR move by someone who has their own agenda.

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Um, why would the Rockets do that and risk getting nailed with tampering charges? I'm betting the Rockets told the "mouthpieces" to clamp down on Harden reporting.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wish that would be the case, haha. But I think him accepting a 6th man role is very unlikely at this stage in his career. In any case, I wonder whether the other reporters (Lowe etc) have done their own reporting on this or are just repeating Pompey's report?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

His pal Russ did, but even then, I don't see a place for him on the Rockets.

14. Landry's Tooth

Dumbest thing I have ever read in Bleacher Report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...lous-4-team-trade-offer-for-victor-wembanyama

We give up Green, a first rounder, and a second round pick with Nix for the ability to trade for Harden to help the Sixers... and we take filler back...

Uh no, we just sign him if we want him and use Green to trade for someone who is under contract.

There are not enough words to describe how stupid this suggestion was.

I'm not crazy about Green but I would say no to it without hesitation. It's a waste of resources to trade for a free agent when you have plenty of cap space.

Y2JT likes this.
  15. Vudu

Vudu Member

Or let's not trade Green at all

seclusion, HakeemOnlyFan and jch1911 like this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

I think the best description of the fan base and Harden is we don't want him back but will take him if a better option isn't out there.

You tell me he has a friend ready to demand a trade to Houston and he's under 30 I'd consider it for the right player.

I feel like there will be better fits on the trade market for a younger and better 2 way player.

My preference is Harden come back over doing nothing with the cap space. That being said, stars become available during the season too via trade... a Harden contract on the books may make a deal harder. It could also be a draw to another player... so it would be a risk...

jch1911 likes this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

I would for a young star level player without hesitating.

Reduce the risk he doesn't develop.

18. Vudu

Vudu Member

The young stars aren't available for him and there's a chance he's also a young star. People need to learn patience.

seclusion and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I expect a new thread instead of 1k pages.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

Of course not. It's him and picks and maybe someone like Martin.

If what you're saying is true he has trade value and even if he pans out may not profile as the right player for Udoka's system.