1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

*Siakam

2. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Charlotte fans appreciate Eason a lot, so Charlotte could be happy with

#4 + Eason for #2.

Trade Jalen Green+ 2 picks +KJM or KPJ for Jaylen Brown.

Trade or sign somehow for 3D PF-C: Myles Turner, Chet Holmgren, Evan Mobley, Kristaps P

Our line-up

1 Scoot Henderson
    2 Jaylen Brown
    3 Jabari Smith (KJM)
    4 Alperen Sengun
    5 Myles Turner

There is playmaking, defense, size, youth. One proven star, two with star potential, one bigger Klay and great center.

NewAge likes this.
  3. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Assuming you get a verbal agreement from Harden, see if Tate, TyTy, KMJ and 18 is enough to get DeMar. Trade down from #4 to Utah for their two picks. Draft Dick at 9 and Howard at 16 and somehow get a 2nd to draft Emoni Bates PLEASE. Sign Plumlee to a 2 year deal in FA.

Harden/KPJ/Nix
    Green/Dick/Gup
    Demar/Howard/Bates
    Jabari/Eason
    Sengun/Plumlee/Garuba

Get two stars to compete along with keeping a young core. More shooting and size

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think there is enough hype around Henderson that he may fetch a Siakam or a Mikal Bridges for CHA or POR. I don’t think we can offer a competitive package to move up to get him.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

I like it.
    Hart comment is little strong for me because of Eason’s play. Tate has worked on his long ball for a fraction of the cost. AND Porter could get some burn there, too.
    BUT I understand it.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

CHRISTOPHER
    EASON
    GARUBA
    GREEN
    MARTIN JR
    PORTER JR
    SENGUN
    SMITH JR
    TATE
    WASHINGTON JR

Out of those 10 players on the roster I can already tell you who Udoka's favorite is going to be.

TATE.

If you think I'm wrong just think about it. He's going to love having him on the floor and so will I. I missed him last year. Solid defender who histles and busts his ass on both ends of the floor on every play. So glad to be getting back to winning basketball!

BamBam and Corrosion like this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao at the 4 + 20 + Trash for Scoot.

Not even the dumbest GM in the entire league does this trade. If we don't attach Smith or Green, we don't stand a chance.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Nets picks & swaps do exist.

mightybosstone, xaos and OremLK like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I like this alot but i think you go big for Brown first you can probably Get him for KPJ, KMJ, Tate and 3 first, without giving up Green or Segun.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Based on Udoka's comments with Kelly Iko this week, it sounds like the Rockets are intending to bring in some veterans to help show the youngsters how to be a professional NBA player but it doesn't sound like the idea is to dump the young guys for vets to get better faster.

Here's an example:

But do you see free agency as more of a chance to give this team a facelift or simply adding pieces around a young core?

I would say more complementary, honestly. I mean you want to do both. You want to add veterans that aren’t just a voice only, you want them to be out there, play and push the guys. But, as I’ve said, regardless of free agency and the draft, we still have a group of guys we want to grow, and we’re looking for internal growth. More so than necessarily looking for an outside guy to try to save the day. We want these guys to grow, but we’re going to add pieces to push and compete for time and are out there to play to complement the young guys that we already have.

To me is sounds like they intend to stick with their core group and develop them rather than replace them. I could be wrong but that doesn't sound like we're going to trade for Brown and Bridges. More likely a solid rotational guy or two rather than stars.

Rokman, BigMaloe, Genesis and 7 others like this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Here you go being all rational & employing critical thinking and raining on our crazy train parades

Corrosion and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Sorry, I look forward to seeing how Ja Morant and Giannis mesh with each other next year in Houston.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s a chance they could get Scoot Henderson with the 3rd pick which means Portland would have done a lot of the hard tanking for them

NewAge likes this.
  14. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

I really want him first but I really don’t see how Boston let’s him go and if they do I see a trade for Beal

jch1911 likes this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

Brown & White (Tan?) to HOU
    Beal to BOS
    Picks & what not to WSH because they ain't competing RN

JohnWoo713 likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Again - Charlotte is for sale.

Scoot is more marketable than any non Victor player.

This isn't complicated. It's like Banchero last year.

Take the potential star rather than the complementary piece.

17. xaos

xaos Member

I would love Brown but if Boston wants to keep him and offers him a supermax that'll make him trade ineligible for a while from what I understand. The chances at Brown are pretty slim.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Aight send them Tate

harold bingo likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You cannot have Harden, DeMar, and Green on the court at the same time. The opposing team would shoot 100%.