1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No because those two don't ever say anything unless it's been personally reviewed by Patrick feeding it into ChatGPT.

OremLK likes this.
  2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Knicks South? What the hell does that even mean?

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Chris Paul did fine in the first year with Harden, before his hammy acted up. Westbrook, Anthony, and Cousins were already washed up when they got to Houston. Covington was Covington…a role player.

4. riko

riko Member

I hope there will be some guidance and guidelines set by ima regarding hardens extra circular activities during the season. There has to be some guidelines set beforehand he signs a deal.

You can’t just get on the private jet and fly off wherever at whenever you choose. Ima hopefully will also motivate him to atleast try on defense. There has to be some behavioural aspect guidelines

Poonwalker likes this.
  5. split41

split41 Member

No one else is signing here - no one remembers the bosh-ipad era? bring him back, let Fertitta pay lux tax when we have to pay our other guys

6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I do not want to sign Harden for 4 years…maybe 3 years and still draft Amen because he is a year away

groovemachine likes this.
  7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's like the Knicks hypothetically bringing Melo back on a max deal after he'd gone through the ringer. Or giving Patrick Ewing a multi-year contract after Seattle and Orlando.

xaos likes this.
  8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

An organization run by a petty, short-sighted owner who would rather throw money at aging stars than commit to winning and empowering people in the front office to make the best decisions for the team.

OremLK and xaos like this.
  9. SamFisher

Congratulations you just described 99% of professional sports teams.

All billionaire sports owners think they are smarter than you and all of the people they pay - that's why they think they became billionaires.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

A year away? With shooting like that? Lol

clos4life likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe it's just me but I think self made billionaires are prob smarter than most people.

12. SamFisher

It's not just you, 132% of billionaires agree that they are smarter than you.

mtbrays and bmelo like this.
  13. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

1. Since we’re obviously already talking to his camp — Agree with Harden on a deal for 120M guaranteed over 3 years before free agency starts.

2. Leave the exact arrangement of the $120M guaranteed money open to adjustment based on our other dealings, don’t sign the deal yet.

3. Make giant $27M/yr offer sheet to Cam Johnson. If you get him, sign Naz Reid for $14M. Then complete the Harden signing, structuring Harden’s contract as $38M/$40M/$42M, all guaranteed.

4. If Nets match on Cam, sign Bruce Brown for $16M and Naz Reid at $14M. Structure Harden’s contract as 46.9M / 48M / 50.3M / 52.9M, with $25M non guaranteed year 3 and everything non guaranteed year 4. Now you can waive and stretch Harden after 2 years with minimal cap impact. It is essentially a 2 year max deal, and we’re out before any rookie extensions hit.

Oh and also dump Tate and Josh Christopher into space or trade exceptions somewhere to get to the necessary cap space.

#3013 carl_herrera, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
  14. Asian Sensation

lol @ having to make guidelines and trying to motivate a 34 year old bum to change his behavior. You’re a funny one HGH boiii

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All Billionaires are not made alike.

Some are smarter in sports business than others.

Does not matter if they think they are smarter than the Little man because the Little Man is not up there to be judged and own a franchise.

16. riko

riko Member

Noodle slurper throwing insults. Lol.. don’t forget you’re chopsticks. I rather be a HGH user then a noodle boy

17. beardsanity713

I do not want a repeat of this dude in a Rockets uni.
    Been there done that

I thought this was an era of new Rockets basketball?
    Not a retread of the underachieving days

He left the team in the lamest worst way possible

I'd rather take another developmental year and go hard in FA the following year which has better talent available.

Aruba77, Madmanmetz and J.R. like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those who want Harden back keep saying how his playmaking skill can help the young guys improve. They never mention how Harden would affect the kids on defense.

Bury Me in the H likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While Harden's vision is terrific, he plays a slow tempo game and he does not move his body off the ball enough.

There is a stagnant element in all of this.

It is not going to be a pretty sight.

I thought about it even when Chris Paul was here.

#3019 daywalker02, May 20, 2023
    Last edited: May 20, 2023
    beardsanity713, bmelo and Easy like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Harden is not coming here to help this team to win a title. Unfortunately his playoffs track record is so horrible that I can’t take it seriously anymore. It’s more marketing and generate more national media audience and get these guys to play in more competitive national tv games.

Easy likes this.