1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Outside of KPJ, where is there shooting in that lineup? None of the other guys are even league average shooters.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Jabari came in as best 3point shooter in college, KPJ is one of the best off the catch shooters and Jalen off the dribble is not bad for a 20yo either. Sengun is the question mark here but hey, we dont have to be elite from the first day. I honestly think Sengun improves his 3. I know stats dont show that yet but its a project

Remember, Warriors play with 2 non shooters too with Wiggins being not the best one either. As long as Jalen scores and we have Kpj and Jabari hitting their threes we can use other guys for screens/playmaking

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I wouldnt be suprised if they targeted both tbh. Pat bev as the backup/rotation pg

Rockets FTW likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari came in and was one of the worst shooters on the team this season, I hope it improves, but I hoped he wouldn't be terrible this year so I'm not sure how much hope gets you.

I just don't think coming off a season with a grand total of 1 good shooter, a team can afford to add a non-shooter to the lineup without absolutely destroying spacing.

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yep. I think they might target some shooters as the backup plan but if Jabari clicks with the shot and Sengun improves with it to acceptable level - watch out. This team would be really good defensively and super versatile offensively. Just like he said, it doesnt have to click right away but i really sense thats what he plans to do. If not Draymond maybe some Myles Turner dude or whatever. Dont think he looks for star PG

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sengun was MVP of the Turkish league (4th best in world) as an 18 year old playing against grown men. He will add shooting to his arsenal.

Vudu, bmelo and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We should pay it.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That could be good news for Sengun, maybe there is a role for him going forward.

Caesar likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

People out here really thought Silas was a coach. Ime comes in makes the most obvious statement made on clutchfans daily and we out here saying he is a genius because the bar was in hell with Silas, lmao!

soon ninjas! Ime save us!!!

11. conquistador#11

Post of the month. So true.

clos4life and DreamShook like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean this is really basic stuff I'm sure Silas knew also. The difference here is Silas is too introverted to command a roster full of 20 year olds who have been "alphas" their entire life up till joining the NBA. Which resulted in Silas having to justify the playstyle post hoc.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Music to my ears

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Paging @J.R.

Caesar and DreamShook like this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is great to hear. There is a lot of young talent on the team, including some “unique skill sets” as Udoka mentioned. Too often last year it seemed like players weren’t able to maximize their strengths, and were forced to do things they weren’t good at.

Caesar and Plowman like this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Running the offense through Sengun more and getting kpj more catch and shoot 3s out of it. This is so groundbreaking that some of us have been saying it for two years.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Finally someone who knows a bit about basketball...

DreamShook likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m not going to call Udoka or myself a genius for coming up with this, but damn does it feel good not having a dumbass run the team anymore.

BHannes2BHonest, Amel, Denovo and 5 others like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, even we amateurs knew that's exactly what they needed to do.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Incredible. Silas could not even try what all the fans have been asking for. To place players in spots where they can succeed at what they're best at. Who'dve thunk it??
    Ime proving he has a half a brain is enough for me to look forward to something.

clos4life and DreamShook like this.