1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Rockets land 4th Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 16, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

the script was written and greenlit by the NBA long ago

vince likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was to be sure.

saleem and Reeko like this.
  3. vince

vince Member

There was the debate between Mobley and Whitlock 4 years ago, where Whitlock explained to Mobley who was frustrated with 81 missed calls on the Rockets against Golden state, that the NBA is made for TV. Silvers job is akin to a network executive.

Invisible Fan and linvetb6 like this.
  4. vince

vince Member

There was the debate between Mobley and Whitlock 4 years ago, where Whitlock explained to Mobley who was frustrated with 81 missed calls on the Rockets against Golden state, that the NBA is made for TV. Silvers job is akin to a network executive.

5. SuraGotMadHops

I suspected the NBA was rigged (or at a minimum, compromised), after the Lakers/Kings 2002 series. Then it was confirmed in the Rockets/Mavs series in 2005 (Finley out of bounds, Donaghy officiated series), and I completely threw in the towel after Game 6 of Rockets/Warriors WCF. People talk about Game 7 being bad, but Game 6 was even worse. Like it was beyond blatant, Rockets grew a lead and immediately the way the game was being officiated changed, even players that were not in the playoffs started tweeting about it in real time ("Zebra on the run"). Nick Wright tweeted something like the officiating was making him uncomfortable.

Is the draft lotter rigged? I don't know, people banked on tanking too much knowing full well the rules changed and the odds are only 14% at best, which means there is an EIGHTY SIX percent chance you aint picking first. I never counted on it, and nobody else should. However, if the NBA wants to get rid of suspicion, be transparent and don't do the envelope BS, do the draw live like they used too.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. sinan28

sinan28 Member

No one knew Olowokandi was trash

No Worries likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Josh Christopher, Daishen Nix better improve

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Josh Christopher, Daishen Nix, didn't Improve their 3 Point Shooting.

Josh Christopher was the biggest disappointment by far.

BamBam likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Someone outside of Wemby, Scoot, and Miller is going to be a future multiple all star.

It’s up to Stone to identify and draft him but he is available at # 4.

jim1961 likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If OKC likes somebody in the top 5 we should give it to them in exchange for #12 and one or both of Westbrook picks back

I know it hurts but the Rockets aren't improving next year anyway with anyboyd available at 4.

OKC doesnt' need quantity picks - they can't even roster them; they need quality.

If you're a serious "rebuild from within" person, you have to consider it. At least it will make the misery less painful because we'll be able to look forward to our "REAL SEASON" as Rockets fans which leads from Lottery to June Draft night.

MrButtocks likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#392 zeeshan2, May 18, 2023
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. SamFisher

Givony & Lowe haven't heard anything on Houston trading Green or anybody else.

Think Amen Thompson is the likely pick, barring any trade.

Lowe thinks Udoka will get Houston's house in order, Lowe doesn't want Harden

Lowe thinks Doc firing may complicate Harden path back to Houston

Pretty meh update - note, it's probably the last time they will mention this franchise for weeks if not months.

Rudyc281 and zeeshan2 like this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I wanted Jabari last year the whole time. If we get Scoot, I will be almost as happy as if we got Wemby. I honestly think Wemby is going to get hurt (I'm not hoping for this), when I saw Chet, I said he was going to get injured too and he didn't even make it through summer league.

15. Denovo

Denovo Member

Cam Whitmore

dmoneybangbang and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  16. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

Can someone tell me why Hendricks isn't in play? Only seen highlights. Has anyone watched him play?

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Brandon Miller has not interviewed well and is a pancake-eating fat-ass muhfu*ka."
    "Brandon, what do you see as the area you need to work on the most?"
    (long long pause, staring into distance, then) "Hunh?"
    "I said, 'Brandon, what do you see as the area you need to work on the most'?"
    "You gonna eat those fries?"

See also, "Scare away teams so he falls to you."

SamFisher likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Edit
    Oops I see @SamFisher already covered this

Lowe / Givony talked briefly about lottery & Rockets' pick...

1. Givony currently has Amen mocked to us at 4.
    2. Givony thinks it's 60/40 that Charlotte would draft Miller over Scoot if draft was tonight.
    3. Givony thinks both Charlotte and Portland will listen to offers but thinks they won't trade.
    4. Givony thinks Portland could give serious considerations to Thompson twins and/or Whitmore.
    5. Givony said LaMelo and Scoot are actually already real-life friends. So it wouldn't be a problem to have both.
    6. Lowe says he hasn't heard anything about Rockets shopping Jalen, but thinks it's nuts if true.
    7. Lowe also hasn't heard about Harden's plans, but thinks it would be a bad idea for the Rockets to sign him to a max deal.
    8. Givony said there are rumors of hot seats in Rockets FO, and that when that's the case, that's when FOs make bad decisions.

#398 Haymitch, May 18, 2023
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Aruba77, Rudyc281 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tilman needs to wait till the offseason is over before he heat up Stone's seat. Desperation is never a good thing. Shortsightedness ensues.

Rudyc281 and SamFisher like this.
  20. SamFisher

Sage advice but shut up and listen: this is Tilman we are talking about.

There's a reason why he's front and center at the press conferences. There's a reason why his son fresh out of college became an NBA GM at age 24. The seat is always hot. It's a hot city.

The Rockets are his toy, not mine or yours - he's going to run them however he feels like.

Les was the same way of course - he just wasn't as public about it (and didn't install his kids on the basketball side, to my knowledge).

Easy likes this.