1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Bro what are you talking about? Can we force Harden to sign here? I know you got Harden on the brain 24/7 and can't think about any other alternative options but a man (organization in this case) that doesn't plan, plans to fail. What GM of a billion dollar organization does not consider the full landscape of the NBA with the most cap space in the league with a new CBA where teams are literally forced to dump salary this off-season? The more you Harden fans talk the sillier the conversation becomes...

Mathloom likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He wouldn't come here for that either. He will expect the Rox to flip young players for vets immediately before we know what they can do.

Harden is a quitter, a great regular season player who is not worth it.

DD

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

Are you ok?

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm ok man, just tired of going around in circles with this discussion. I'm ready to talk about what else is possible.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

Non Harden idea...

To Hawks
    Kevin Porter Jr
    Kenyon Martin Jr
    #20 pick

To Rockets:
    Dejounte Murray

To Celtics:
    Jalen Green
    Jasean Tate
    3 #1 Brooklyn picks

To Rockets:
    Jaylen Brown

Two guys Udoka has coached before. We still have 25+ million in cap space for a third in Grant Williams... give me a rim running big man to backup Sengun and backup point (Nunn?) with what is left after Williams....

Murray / Nunn
    Brown / Christopher
    Brandon Miller or Wembanyama / G Williams
    Jabari Smith / Eason / Garuba
    Sengun / Free Agent

For the Hawks:
    The combo is a failure. This gives them a pick back immediately and KPJ slides into the 2 and Trae back to 1. There's no long term money taken on since KPJ is guaranteed one year at a time. Martin is a potential replacement for Collins if they find a taker but could also potentially play with him.

Celtics get a potential high scoring 2 to replace the offense of Brown. Tate replaces Grant Williams. It's a move to save a lot of flexibilty as Green/Tate cost about 16 million while Brown and Williams would be 60+ after new deals. They then have the pick haul to work with.

Rockets get defensive minded players in Murray, Brown, and Williams who have experience with Udoka. Grant allows you to bring along a rookie slowly if needed and can be effective off the bench.

6. Landry's Tooth

I really don't know what the problem is with me. I just said there's a downside to having to give up talent that doesn't come with Harden. My preference is someone else but rather Harden then not using the space.

I'm good with trading anyone not named Jabari or Sengun. Jabari because of his 2 way potential and switchability as a fit next to either (hopefully) Victor or Miller. Sengun because big men with his vision and abilities around the rim are hard to find.

I think a scoring guard who is currently challenged on defense is expendable is Green and KPJ is an easy to trade contract for a team wanting cap relief or young scoring but isn't sure what yet.

I like Martin but I feel Eason is better defensive ceiling and is further from free agency.

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. DaDakota

ancient history.....and rose colored.

I saw Hakeem be great too but I don't want to sign him now.

DD

dmoneybangbang, Yung-T and xiki like this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Idruther Dream, than this putative nightclub er nightmare.

Believe It! and DaDakota like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

12. Asian Sensation

Miserable? To who? You and the rest of your delusional Harden fanbois? No bums allowed!

13. DaDakota

Harden - when the going gets tough - QUIT !

DD

dmoneybangbang, Yung-T, maj21 and 3 others like this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

if the rockets are completely set on signing a high price free agent, and the options are harden FVV and middleton.....ya sign harden
    not sure if this past season counts an ancient history, does it?

15. DaDakota

It sure does, did you see him in the playoffs?

DD

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

See what I mean guys? Whatever/whoever you suggest, they'll throw in one flaw and then act like one flaw is not enough to disqualify Harden.

So essentially the position is:

- we must sign him immediately,
    - there's no one in the NBA we can get and
    - there's no one in the NBA we'll ever get, and
    - if we were able to get a star in one year it would be too far down the road anyway so f*ck that.

And that's not emotional at all.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

if u are gonna copy my post do the whole entire thing b4 blowing a fuse. like folks say, u seem to b getting emotional when it comes to harden.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yeah, you guys got it all together.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The alternatives given by said poster were sht, i rather we overpay 4 reaves as an alternative if we don't grab harden and u go ballistic?

Take a breather.

clutchdabear likes this.