1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Semifinals] (6)Golden State vs. (7)LA Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 30, 2023.

?

(6)Golden State vs. (7)Los Angeles

Poll closed May 3, 2023.
  1. Warriors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Warrior in 5

9.1%
  3. Warriors in 6

27.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

18.2%
  5. Lakers in 7

11.4%
  6. Lakers in 6

27.3%
  7. Lakers in 5

2.3%
  8. Lakers in 4

4.5%
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Bogut was on Bay Area radio yesterday and essentially admitted this. Tolbert was asking Bogut about officiating and how you deal with different officials and their differing priorities as a player.

Bogut (paraphrasing): "Well, you can figure them out within the first few minutes. Like if someone ever called a moving screen, it happened early in the game, and then you'd know to tighten up your screens that game."

That was the first thing out of his mouth, LOL. "Tighten up your screens" = start setting legal screens for once in my life.

2. tksense

tksense Member

Kerr was answering the question "what allowed Lakers to comeback", Kerr first praised Lonnie Walker, and then said there were 3 or 4 illegal screens called that changed the momentum. Kerr reiterates he didnt get a chance to see the replays, the fouls could well be called correctly, but it felt disappointing to him during the game, so he was only implying that he felt the calls were debatable.

So Kerr first answered what the Lakers did right, and then what the warriors did wrong that allowed the Lakers to come back.

3. tksense

tksense Member

I've seen plenty of times when the moving screen was completely unnecessary, that the defender was so far away anyways, but the offensive foul was called and took away the made-threes. I believe this tactic evens itself out even if it does sometimes gain advantages. Though I still think with all the quick releases and spacing, these shooters didnt really need the moving screens, and when the fouls are called, they lose three points. thank you very much.

4. invocux

invocux Member

If that dog is indeed the reincarnation of Paul the octopus i'm gonna go reverse John Wick and hunt that mf down. My heart can't handle another Curry ring.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly this, their arrogance is just so unlikable. I remember Looney got called for an illegal screen that was so obvious, and they actually challenged it lmao.

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

Waiting for a clickbait Youtuber to drop a video about this (Illuminati and the coronation of King Charles and the Lakers win a measly baskeball games).

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I dunno how others decipher his 'phrasing'…to me that equals to Bogut openly admits that the league using calls/no-call to let players understand who officials pick as the winner - if the league doesn't allow harden drawing fouls, they dunt want his teams to win; if the league doesn't allow GSW taking advantage of illegal screens, or give draymond Ts (warning), GSW got no chance to enter next round.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LMAO I love Momster

lionaire, pmac, YaoMac09 and 2 others like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know you guys are giddy to see the Warriors lose. I too am enjoying to see them suffer. But don't forget that the Lakers are as insufferable and as the media and officiating darlings as GSW and for much, much longer, way before the Warriors were relevant.

I am rooting for the Lakers to lose the next two games and pushed this series to 7 games.

Rashmon and JumpMan like this.
  10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

If next game when back to GS, draymond ain't permitted or ain't got any opportunities to get either bron or AD badly wounded, LAL will enter the WCF to face Suns.

BamBam likes this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I could recommend a video, if you're interested.

The money, attention, and energy these basketball games and other sports capture make them anything but measly. That's unfortunate, maybe, but true.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I will be rooting for whoever comes out of the East (likely the Celtics).

Edit: And for the winner of Nuggets/Phoenix (hopefully Nuggets) vs. the winner of Lakers/Worriers

br0ken_shad0w and Easy like this.
  14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

is LeBron about to face his old team the Heat in the finals? might as well throw something on that

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. i3artow i3aller

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how that stat would look if it was changed to "tie or take the lead".

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“Can’t play Curry”

I kid.

19. i3artow i3aller

Aerial view with Draymond's reaction :D

Waited 12 years for that...

#339 i3artow i3aller, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    B-Bob and don grahamleone like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

What Bron & Lonnie saw the entire 4th.