1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Deal for Harden" doesn't make that much sense if he just opts out, we can just sign him, no?

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

really interesting. Not surprised Green and KPJ are being shopped. That matches with other reports. Our backcourt is our biggest problem. A whole sale overhaul of the backcourt shouldn’t be off the table. Not surprised no one wants KPJ. Not our brightest moment locking him in at $13 mil next season when we didn’t have to.

A Harden/Brown back court would be worth trading Jalen Green for IMO.

matchesmalone likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

john Collins?

saleem likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Yeah that’s who I think it is.

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Collins isn't needed in Houston, Middleton is useless for us. OGA is all right. Jalen Green is far better than him in the medium and long term for us. James Harden can fit in the cap space.

I do believe Jalen Green is being shopped for a star along with the Nets' picks. I expect Stone to retain our swap if we end up with 1 or 2. The 3rd to 6th picks probably might be dangled for a trade. Green may survive if we can get some real value in free agency. That's going to be hard with this weak free agency class.

PS: I do like the Rockets' potential interest in Suggs. This hasn't been mentioned by the Hawks insider. Let's hope for the best.

Udoka won't hesitate to tell Stone to move anyone on the Rockets, if they don't show a willingness to learn from him.

All comments are welcome.

Plowman, BamBam and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Does Green have a lot of trade value around the league?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The gripe with Suggs is that he was advertised as a ready to go combo guard but now seems like it takes him longer to develop than Jalen Green.

Fultz who turned out to be that guy before Suggs is now turning heads in Orlando.

saleem likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The gripe with Suggs is that he was advertised as a ready to go combo guard but now seems like it takes him longer to develop than Jalen Green.

Fultz is now the guy, another dude who took longer than expected.

saleem likes this.
  9. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Only KPJ fans think he's worth something and is a good player.

Edit: accidently quoted the wrong person. Point still stands.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Was he told from their ass? Who are you quoting from? Is it the same sources you read that **** on trans people all the time?

11. fchowd0311

The person here knows just as much about Green being shopped as your non existent left nut. Your hatred for Green is really making you grasp at straws.

This dude in "Squak Hawk" forms their opinions on players like Green based on tweets, not watching or caring about Rocket games.

So this is really really pathetic desperation from some Sengun addicted nutcases like ATW trying to find narratives.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Go Rockets!!!

#333 BamBam, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Not sure if this "NBASupes" guy/girl is legit or not, but I will say that I love the way the post is presented! There is a lot of "potential" meat there to chew on!! I can see why the Hawkies love that poster!

I've said it before, I think it would be a mistake to trade Green without at least giving Udoka a chance to unleash him! Having said that, IF he gets us a YOUNG, PROVEN STAR player, I'm all for it! Sure Jalen has tremendous potential, but potential is always an unknown asset that can just as well turn into a known liability! I'm glad that Segun,Bari and Tari are being mentioned as untouchables though! This is shaping up to be a VERY interesting offseason!! :)

Thanks for posting this @DaBeard!!!

Go Rockets!!!

clos4life, Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  15. fchowd0311

I seriously don't understand how people don't get all these people posting about Jalen Green trade rumors in random threads on other teams message boards are all getting their takes from one single source in Jake Fischer that multiple sources already denied?

These people aren't getting some more additional "insider info". This is silly and people are so damn naive. It's just random posters in other team message boards reading a tweet about "Jalen Green being traded was discussed" and literally nothing else. That's it.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. fchowd0311

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was thinking of using Suggs as a backup PG instead of TyTy and Nix. I'm not opposed to giving TyTy another season though. Nix needs to go ASAP. He should only play in the G-League.

BaselineFade, Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

people have posted this Hawks insider on here multiple times in the past, and his hit rate is basically zero…some of the stuff he’s said was even exposed as being not possible under the CBA

he is Hawks holic, take whatever he says regarding any team with a mountain of salt…holic was the master of typing up paragraphs of “insider info” that he had from damn near every NBA team

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I could see stone giving up Jalen for bridges or Brown - then moving KPJ to SG

depending on the draft lottery and what else they get/give up in the trade and free agency…

not sure I agree with it though

BamBam and saleem like this.