1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari and Tari make 2nd team all rookie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 8, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe we'll end up getting Lively and he'll be our version of Walker Kessler.

Nook likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not disappointed. He's the youngest guy on that list not named Jalen Duren. Jalen Williams and Keegan Murray are 22 years old already. Walker Kessler 21. Even Paolo and Benedict Mathurin are like a full year older than Jabari.

#22 Williamson, May 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  3. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Drafting in hindsight is easy. With all the players being drafted so young nowadays based on projected potential we're going to see a lot more players drafted at the top of the draft not live up to expectations and there are going to be a lot more surprises later in the draft.

Congrats to Bari and Tari!

BamBam likes this.
  4. a time to chill

I wanted Stone to target a big man, either through trade or free agency (e.g. Nic Claxton, Mo Bamba) or via draft (Duren, Mark Williams, or Kessler). Either of those options would've been better than Bruno Fernando.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That would be a good pick at 20 imo.

It's that time of the year where the guys being slept on 15-30 start walking up draft boards. We'll see who gets pushed down too but Lively seems like the perfect fit on paper. You have an offensive hub type of center in Sengun and his replacement is a guy that basically only blocks shots. I'm curious if Garuba takes another step forward as well but I think it's going to have to be as a forward. He's just too smol to play center in the NBA.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Without those 2 1st team votes, he wouldn't have enough to get 2nd team either, correct? Nembhard would take his spot, right?

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

No one knew that Kessler was going to be the impact player in Utah that he became by end of season.

We made the right pick. I didn't have high expectations for Jabari since he was put on a team with a shitty coaching staff and KPJ on the team.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean this is short sighted.

Again, Rockets didn't draft Jabari to be great his rookie year, they drafted him to be great at 25. Giannis was also a 2nd teamer along with numerous other perennial all-stars like our very own Htown legend James Harden.

Making the 2nd team isn't some condemnation to being an average player or something just like making the team isn't some validation that you'll be a star.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What is math

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sharpe is a surprise
    ESPN loved that guy

Rocket River

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That was kind of them letting Jabari have a 2nd team nod, he didn't really deserve it.

Dredd likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes. No Rockets-drafted players are worthy of any accolades. Only Cleveland rejects are worthy players

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Congrats to Tari ad Bari for rising above Silas' trash coaching to get on an all rookie team. The Silas Tax is real.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im going to slander Silas until his trash ass influence is erased from the children's minds he really screwed up everybody. what a terrible coach

but he a nice guy thought. very pleasant.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 players in the top 10 of the last draft with room to grow.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, now you think my objectively true statement about Jabari MUST have something to do with an opinion I had 2 years ago? That's a stretch kiddo.

Jabari was absolutely awful this season, if you can't admit that, you are either fundamentally dishonest or you simply can't tell what you are seeing when you watch basketball.

It doesn't mean he'll always be awful, but he definitely was awful his rookie season.

So which is it my guy?

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was trying to bait you dude. You're too easy. Just relax :D

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like Tilman said, we didn't get to draft the guy we wanted.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ has a rich inner life