1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Picked up The Last Spell on Steam a few weeks ago. It's a very good turn-based tactics game. Out for Steam, PS4/5 and Nintendo Switch.

Here's my Steam Review:

Final Zombie Battle Castle Defense Fantasy Tactics Brothers <----TLDR title review

Fantastic roguelike turn-based tactics in the spirit of Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Battle with a light seasoning of Battle Brothers (negative traits). The overall premise is simple: Defend your town from recurring zombie hordes over a certain period of time to allow the magicians to cast their 'Final Spell'. You level, equip and re-equip your heroes, build your town up with buildings that do more things and defensive structures. Then you battle it out against stronger and more different minions of death.

The sound and the music is perfect...from synthwave to gloomy Gregorian chanting to metal ballad power riffs, the music hits the right vibe every time. Soundtrack alone is worth a purchase.

This game isn't easy but it's very rewarding and fairly addictive. If you love turn-based tactics games, this is for you. 10/10.

RC Cola likes this.
  2. Beezy

Beezy Member

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I beat the beta, definitely a fun game.

Spears and chain lightening OP

Xerobull likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

Polybius. Total mind blow.

fadeaway likes this.
  5. larsv8

Recently picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 on sale.

Its a nice relaxing game.

6. larsv8

Grounded - Honey I shrunk the kids meets Valheim.

This game is excellent. The world is awesome, well thought out.

RC Cola likes this.
  7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Played this last week. Fishing game mixed with Cthulhu. On the shorter side (8-12 hours for normal playthrough I think?), but I take that as a positive. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Edit: Also looking forward to this later in this week:

(Playstation version not coming until later, but it is the only trailer I bothered to watch)

This is Genshin Impact: The Sci-fi Turn based RPG.

Xerobull likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@Xerobull : I haven't bought or played it yet, but have you checked Stranded : Alien Dawn? People are saying it's like a "3D" Rimworld. I'll probably wait for a few more reviews before thinking about getting it. I'm still playing my first game in Rimworld. lol.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That looks cool, first time I’ve heard of it. Thanks for tagging me!

Right now Rimworld scratches that OCD itch. I’ll try this one eventually.

10. RC Cola

Played this a good bit over the last week. Yes, it is pretty good. It is a downgrade from Genshin in that you can't jump/climb/explore an open world, and I think the visuals are a notch or 2 worse too (but still good). But IMO better in most other ways. Lots of (good) cringe and PS2 RPG-ish feels. Gacha sucks (mostly identical to Genshin), though the free characters are pretty good and fine for most of this initial content at least.

Seems they'll have made 2 of my favorite games in the last 3 years or so (and guessing both will generate billions of dollars).

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stuck on Immortal. No spare money for that one.

12. conquistador#11

Started playing Resident Evil 2 the remake. Got to the part where some big mofo in a trench coat was following me all over. I had to shut it down.
    [​IMG]

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Grounded was/is very good. My big note on the Valheim comparison though is since the world is fully designed instead of generated (no randomness), I played it once and just kinda felt done. I did end up playing most of the way through it twice because my wife wanted to play it with me and then a buddy wanted to play it later on, and the second time just felt like a slog because everything was the same. I'd found the most efficient way to do everything. The mystery was gone. And, really robust building didn't feel like it mattered as much either because raids on your base were barely ever threatening. Sure, random wolf spiders super early-on, but nothing that ever threatened your structures like trolls and fuling and certainly anything from the mistlands. Grounded was good, I played it, now I'm done. Valheim? I've played it through twice and I'm kinda in a constant state of wanting to play it again.

14. RC Cola

Didn't want to make a new thread, but Xbox just had a pretty good show.

Starfield is pretty nuts

I'm watching an in-depth breakdown of the game that's been going on for a pretty good while, and yeah it is pretty nuts (I can't think of any other words...just nuts). And I'm kinda a Bethesda hater. It will probably still be a buggy mess at launch, but I'm still really impressed.

Also Not-Persona finally revealed:

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gamepass is such a great value for gamers, fun showcase

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Still playing my first game of RimWorld... lolol... I really need to end this game. It's starting to get difficult to manage. :D
    I've had Starfield on my watchlist for a while now, but on the PC. I think it's slated to be released in September or something. I hope it's not just about fighting but also a lot about exploration, mining, etc. Pricey game, though, so I'm going to wait for the initial reviews to see what it's like. It looks like a gem, but could end up a turd. lol.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Diablo 4 is pretty damn good. My expectations were on the floor though so lol.

18. Buck Turgidson

I haven't played a game like that in 20 years...so I'm a Newb

Other than the pc that can handle it, what do you need as far as controllers and whatnot?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's available on PS5 and XBox too. My PC is no great shakes but it can run it, plus you can always just tune down the graphics.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

So you're saying I need to buy a console, which is not a problem.

Which one would you recommend? Pros/Cons and such?