1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Bev] 50% of NBA dudes don't love bball and I am being nice

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, May 3, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shots fired.

Put in context love over other things.

#1 daywalker02, May 3, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Stephen A Beverley had better be prepping for his post playing career.

heypartner likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They love pot more.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

50% of content creators don't love creating content like Pat Beverley, and I am being nice

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

only PB drinking red wine on his pod, lol

I agree with pat, When you got talent you don't think you have to work as hard. I believe him when he says some of the best players might not love ball. I would like him to name names though.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well duh. The majority of people don’t love their jobs they just do it for the money. Might seem silly to say that about playing a game but they work much harder and have much more pressure to perform than most of us.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

the only reason i’m not in the nba is because i don’t love the game. or else i would probably be a decent role player rn

roslolian, Invisible Fan and JumpMan like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

They like NFL more?

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden, Anthony Davis, Karl Anthony Towns are the Ones Patrick Beverley was thinking about.

James Harden goes to Clubs and has Business and Ownership.

Anthony Davis LA Lifestyle

Karl Towns never seems to show up in the Playoffs

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

definitely not Harden, if anything Harden is probably on the other end of the spectrum

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

In this era of the one and dones I believe it because these dudes get drafted on potential some of them are pretty average their only year in college and still go first round. They assume its supposed to be easy and don't put the work in it takes to be a 10 yr pro some get away with it and the others flame out pretty fast.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1. a person can love more than one thing
    2. please don't present your opinion as fact. I cant imagine you have anyway of knowing what goes on in Bev's head.

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

He talking about loving it to the point of preparation. A lot of like playing basketball, but how many us love it enough to drill hours a day on our handles, conditioning, shuffling feet just so we can be a little better at pickup?

I bet Bev would do those things just to win on the local court even if he wasn't paid until his body can't take it.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why would you single out Harden, Davis, and Towns who all have ridiculous basketball skills that clearly take tons of hard work to develop, when guys like Simmons, Zion, Gobert, are right there to take your potshots at? Makes no sense.

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You give so many of these guys life changing money and guarantee it, so I wouldnt be surprised if you are not motivated to keep going to work. They still have to go to work every day, they cant eat what they want, get criticized publicly for what they do on and off the court, have to sleep 10-12 hours a day, you are being filmed everywhere you go, its not like pre smart phones where you had some privacy. A lot of people would trade fame for privacy. Most ordinary people if given several million dollars guaranteed to still go to their 9-5 are going to be checked out.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

some nba players sleep for 12 hours a day?!?

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I believe a lot of elite athletes do even outside of basketball, Lebron will sleep 12 hours even when he was in his mid 20s. A lot of players who don't take the game as seriously sleep a lot less. I think a lot of NBA players sleep 8-9 hours a night, and take a 3 hour nap before the game. I always thought these guys dont have much free time because they have to travel, train, play games, practice, and then sleep half the day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...leep-lebron-james-gets-a-day/?sh=793a540879b2

peleincubus likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Bev wants the skills of those other players, all he could do is prepare but his skill level will never be on a star player's level.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is physically draining, 10+ hours are a must unless it is the offseason.