1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheap Tillman spending $70M on new training facility

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 26, 2023.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Fan interaction at this level would be amazing. I would pay for some overpriced mediocre Landry's chain to watch KPJ throw some gumbo across the practice floor.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The practice facility is not going to be the thing that brings anyone to houston, guys. Free Agents are looking at the team not where they practice. Dallas has tons of crazy ****, Cuban has tons of crap he gives to his players, and they have Luka, you dont see people fighting to get over there.

These mfers are rich Harden took the whole team to practice in Mexico and ****.

RasaqBoi, TMac'n and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Too many users on this page have the minds of high school students and know nothing about anything lol...its hard to even to want to have conversations here anymore

4. i3artow i3aller

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This below is Not confirmed location (which would be super nice next to Post Oak hotel), but Tillman also has property next to the Landry's facility on the northwest corner of 610 West Loop and I-10 Katy Freeway (however not an attractive location)

RasaqBoi and ryan_98 like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Exactly, and the Mavs practice facility is located right across the freeway from Downtown Dallas which is a prime location. No one is clamoring to get to Dallas for their practice facility or any of the things mentioned

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

well the mavs facility is only a year old and it's not a negative for sure. it doesn't bother me that these guys are rich and being given nicer things. it is what happens when you have more and more money. should they be sitting criss-cross on the floor instead of comfy leather seats during games? be given hotel slop instead of meal per diems? lol

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

CONSULATE GENERAL OF FRANCE!?!? WEMBY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Amel and don grahamleone like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. weeds out the morons like yourself who i've laughed at for 6 years and counting

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

no, I said I dont care if they get a new facility. I think it's weird that so many think it's necessary for the team.. When the Rockets get their new facility. good. Maybe Ill pass by it when I'm in the area or catch a glimpse when they post it on Youtube.

ElPigto and Scarface281 like this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nope see post #31

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Should've chosen Willowbrook.

tinman likes this.
  14. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

LOL!!!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I cant imagine him as being CHEAP! His is just being careful with his money, just like all of us business men ! Y

fattz, don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Greenspoint

Lurch likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lurch likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

May want to think about that one again mate. You may never make it home if you try to go through that traffic nightmare lol.

My wife and I use to live in east downtown and she accepted a transition from her warehouse outside of Beltway 8 to a nice office in the galleria area. She thought it wouldn't be a bad drive. Three days in and she begged for them to transition her back to her old place lol and they honored her wish (with a few burnt bridges).

Good luck.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Wow. A foreclosed grocery store would have done the same thing. Close to the airport they use would be the ideal placement. All that is needed is three maybe four courts and a training center. No need to build something more. Plus is comes with a parking lot. All this is just extra.

random thought what has been going on for the last few years. The new coach wants a place to work. Just crazy that we don’t already have this. Keep smiling Silas you just stole this man’s money for years.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets players are going to have to wash dishes after games
    and practice to pay for it.