1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime & Rafael on KBME, touching on Tari, Bari, 3pt shots problems, philosophy on spending 60mil etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Apr 27, 2023.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

well...sounds like during their discussion, Stone kept challenging Ime's strategy for player development as well as FA recruitment for 2023-2024, and Ime stood up and supported his thoughts with a set of reasons.

pretty much what we expected, that's why most CFs preferred Nick and Ime.

Tfor3 and BaselineFade like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @i3artow i3aller

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Interesting comments on the FA strategy, Stone said our cap space - not word for word but - "Cap space won't be treated like a pile of money to just spend" and that our signings will be strategic "near term and long term" "won't overextend" "How to add to our players in a way that is beneficial and won't hurt them in the long term" - and Ime on the topic "want complementary pieces to what we already have and will push our younger players".

These are pretty specific statements, perhaps pointing to us signing more backup-level vets over those expecting long-term starting roles. I'd imagine this applies in the trade market similarly. Maybe Harden is an exception...but this says to me we probably won't be pursuing guys like FVV, Draymond, DLo, J.Grant, and Middleton etc in FA.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Fight for Freedom, Stand with DM lol

suddenly feel the necessity to quote unquote what DreamShook said in 'Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!' thread - "I dont want to to get excited because last time I was excited for silas he was straight ass."
    gotta say stay chill bruh, tho im pretty optimistic this time.

5. Nook

Nook Member

This interview is the most relaxed and genuinely confident and happy that I have seen Stone look.

This is a big improvement from how Stone has come off other times... maybe he is more confident and comfortable with more experience.

No Worries, Tfor3, DeBeards and 3 others like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, why not, right? With this coaching hire he is #1 with a bullet on the Billboard Hot 100.
    Let's see if his song has legs when the NBA Draft and free agency roll around or if a Miley Cyrus or a Justin Bieber will knock him off.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ancient Moabite and DeBeards like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

exactly, maybe that's one of those reasons Ime prefer Rockets to Raptors (a team need one or two major surgery) - he can start everything from scratch here, where most pieces he want is right there ('"we dont have bad shooters") , and probably next step what he (and Stone) gonna do is to recruit best ROI vets who wouldn't mind to spend time tutoring buncha kids, stay vocal in the locker room, and build up a winning culture one step at a time. so, agreed, no big names high on his list.

BamBam and Tfor3 like this.
  9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed. It looked like he has a rapport w Udoka he might never have had with Silas, bt in the end who knows?

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Silas was a puppet to the masters.

Silas did what he was told:
    new team inquiring on him--Silas worked hard
    for long hours, put his blood, sweat, and tears into
    his work.

Silas didn't do what he was told:
    new team inquiring on him: dude wasn't mentally strong enough, often found him crying into his
    playbook, lying on the ground in his office.

Now we don't retain our draft pick (next season).
    Not Tanking for Thunder
    -----------
    D M was amazing. Posion-pill contracts for Lin and Asik was thinking outside the box stuff.

The guy would pull a black rabbit out of his hat
    while pulling a white bunny out of his bung hole.
    Begging the question, how is that bunny not
    with skid marks?

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I thought that was the Rockets' practice gym

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

For one, I do believe that someone like Udoka signing here is validation for Stone that he handled the tanking years mostly successfully. Udoka's signing is almost like a passing grade for Stone since it confirms that the young talent, assets, and cap space he worked to create are looked upon favorably by outsiders. I still think Stone is ultimately a yes-man with very little conviction of his own, but now he's happy he gets to put his name next to this.

I also think there's a sense of relief from an organizational standpoint that they are emerging from the doldrums of tanking, and finally able to breathe a little bit of fresh air. We might joke around about how dysfunctional the team is, but ultimately it's an NBA franchise full of Type A personalities that want to compete at the highest level. There's excitement about the fact that they get to be part of the conversation again.

joshuaao, IBTL and BaselineFade like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. IBTL

IBTL Member

SONG HAS LEGS?!?!?!?

15. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

It still is.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

so you are telling me ****ing business owners wife doesnt have impact on your job lmao. did you work one hour of serious job in your life?

19. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

What i'm getting from this is that you enjoy gossip at work or something. If i work at a place and some co-worker does something with another co-worker, it is not my problem if i'm not involved at all. To each his own. Now i know what kind of person you are.

IBTL likes this.
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Udoka's new contract worth 28.5mil? Four your 28.5mil? Thats a lot!

#40 DeBeards, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    BamBam likes this.