1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka new Rockets head coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 24, 2023.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#761 ApacheWarrior, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    Stephen_A and SamFisher like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

therapy-tissue.gif

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Takes two to tango....sometimes more

[Wrong thread.....goes with media destroying us over Udoka- hire ]

#763 ApacheWarrior, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    DeBeards likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own thread, seriously

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

FernTits really opened up the pocketbook for Ime. Landry's must be doing well....

6. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

That lady is toxic and very dangerous.
    I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I only make new threads to glorify the Alpster.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

FC.UK that Toxic H0E!

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

so post a new thread and promise that there will be a cameo appearance and special statement by Alpi

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tate is not a PG. They kind of experimented on it when KPJ was out. While he is definitely smarter than KPJ as a play maker, he can't shoot from outside and he doesn't have the handles.

12. ExTexanNowEastCoast

You are just prevaricating. None of those players came here as FAs. They were all traded to Houston. It doesn't matter if they were speaking to other teams or whatever. Russ came to Houston because (i) the numbers worked and (ii) JH was here. Paul wanted out of LAC because he was sick of playing with Blake Griffin and contract issues. Again, Houston had the pieces to make it happen, plus some cap room. Now, no question there was an under the table deal between the Rockets and CP3 that we would give him his max extension. My understanding is that the LACs were not interested in a max, which as I said above, is another reason he wanted out of there.

T-Mac was traded for SF and CM. Yes he does live in Houston so your are right on that.

What does JH having a connection to Houston have to do with anything? JH wanted to be a starter and get paid and Houston said they would give it to him while OKC would not. It worked out for us, so I am not complaining.

Now, with all that said, things can change quickly. Again, in 1990's, Houston was a FA hotspot but then it went into a lull. I am personally convinced that the way we treated Barkley, Dream and T-Mac, along with Pippen hating on us, did not do us any favors. For old heads, we also mistreated Ralph Sampson, Moses Malone and Elvin Hayes. Remember these players and their agents speak to each other. Now, in my opinion, in many of these cases we made the right decision in moving on; I am not a fan of overpaying players. However, when you do that, you have to realize that there will be "blowback" as the CIA calls it.

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

FWIW, I think this is a bit misleading, as most coaching contracts aren't public. For example, I can't find details on Coach Thibs' deal with NYK, but think I saw a reference that said he got 8M per year his previous gig. I'd assume he'd have a similar (or better) deal with NYK? Also I saw this that had Ty Lue pegged around 7M per year:
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketb...-contract-details-la-clippers-salary-duration

And Vogel was getting 22M for 4 years in his Magic contract years ago (pre-championship):
    https://marketrealist.com/p/frank-vogel-salary/

I think it is a pretty good deal, but honestly, I think it is somewhat low for big "name" coach (though I'm not sure Udoka is a Nurse/Thibs/Kerr/Spo/Pop/etc. level anyway). Forgot if we got details on what Silas got, but this is surely a decent bump above that I'm sure, but I'm guessing those are the only types of deals that are lower than this one.

(I think I still believe Tilman is a cheapskate, so I'm biased and probably over downplaying the details :p)

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

$7 mil a year seems fair for the #1 coaching candidate on the market. Most impressive was the speed with which Stone and the Fertittas locked this down. I’m impressed…and I hope I keep on being impressed with the additional forthcoming moves this offseason. Let’s keep dominating the market!

Mathloom likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 got traded to Houston because that’s where he wanted to be…all this stuff was reported on

Paul was widely expected to exercise an early termination option to opt out of the final year of his previous deal to officially become a free agent this summer. It was seen as a mere formality.

Instead, Paul reversed course. He informed the Clippers that he wanted to go to Houston, then agreed to opt in to the final year of his deal to facilitate the trade. That allowed Houston to acquire Paul without dipping into cap space and gave the Clippers the chance to recoup value for a player they would have otherwise lost for nothing. Plus, Paul got to go to his preferred destination. Win, win, win.

OKC worked with Russ to get him to where he wanted to go, which was Houston

whether or not they came here as a free agent doesn’t matter…Houston is where they wanted to be, and they made it happen

only reason CP3 didn’t come to Houston as a FA is because it was much easier to just do an opt-in and trade instead of opting out, officially becoming a free agent, and then we would’ve had to unload Ryan Anderson for nothing in order to come close to having the money which would’ve been extremely difficult or borderline next to impossible…it also allowed us to have money for PJ Tucker…you’re just ignoring all context to crap on the franchise and city

What does JH not having a connection have to do with anything? You are claiming all these negatives about Houston, yet Harden, an LA kid, got traded here with zero ties or connections to the city and has now made it his home.

Dwight Howard, the premier free agent in 2013, left LA to come to Houston.

no current player cares about what happened to Barkley or what Pippen has to say…How many players were even alive for Sampson, Hayes, and Moses Malone in Houston? C’mon man

personal foul

[​IMG]

stop reaching ExTexan

T-Mac wasn’t mistreated here either

slothy420 and ElPigto like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's a home run Os.

Sums me up as a counselor

"All that crying, I would expect you (pt) to be a little more salty."

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, Shams Charania, and Eddie Gonzalez discussed the recent NBA coaching moves for the Rockets and Raptors.

Chandler didn't sound too impressed by the pieces we have at this point.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fify

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's off to the dumb list for him

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Pat Bev on Ime hire (skip tp 1:03:48)

Pat likin' Sengun!