1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mock (Draft) the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Oct 3, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Not bad. Took care of qb position and get a playmaker at wr. JSN reminds me of victor cruz

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I actually like this draft, Anderson and Sanders. Yes please

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Your social circle is a remarkably small sample size. And, honestly - even if it's a larger number... those people likely have no idea what they're talking about because, again, he's made four career starts.

The guy who gave up significantly more to draft him (and is bringing in Sam Darnold) isn't sweating his job so I doubt a GM taking a fairly low-risk flier on a recent 3rd overall pick with four career starts is going to have his career broken by the deal. That's pure hyperbole.

I'd love for you to explain how the team's starting QB to start '22 has somehow regressed - while not playing - to the point of being behind Sam Darnold on the depth chart? That doesn't make sense. I guess they could be unhappy with Lance's rehab commitment? But, otherwise... it's really hard to fathom him not being the starting QB if he's healthy, still there, and Purdy is out.

7. Landry's Tooth

My preferred scenario...

Sell the Seahawks on taking Richardson to sit behind Geno.

Swap #2 for #5 and #20.

Then watch qbs go top 4 as Cardinals trade out with Vegas or Detroit.

Texans still get Anderson at 5.

Then take Bijan at 12 to feature a run heavy offense.

We then trade from 20 to 13 with Jets (they may want to replace draft capital lost in Rogers deal).

We move 20, 65, and 161 for 13 (works on points).

At 13 we take Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

At 33 we trade back for 2024 pick and target Wypler in late 2nd.
    At 73 we take Hendon Hooker

Walk away with:
    Will Anderson
    Bijan Robinson
    Jaxon Smith-Njigba
    Luke Wypler
    Hendon Hooker

I would love that haul....

Phillyrocket likes this.
  8. RocketsDraftTV

I agree with Dan

coachbadlee likes this.
  9. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I keep seeing a lot of people wanting Bijan at 12. Although he is the best RB in the draft, the way offenses are run these days, I just don't see the value in drafting a RB high unless you have very few other needs. Philly is an ideal spot for him as they are already a Super Bowl team and he could put them over the top. The Texans have way too many needs and with high impact players available at 12 I would rather try and fill those needs. I would love going for an Achane in the 3rd if available or a Deuce Vaughn type/value later.

Shark44 likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Its Banchero/Smith all over again.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

RPO packages with Bijan would be a nightmare to contain. Even more so with an equally athletic QB.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this, you have to swing for the massive upside given the caliber of QBs in the AFC

if he is a bust, it won't set you back that much, Niners and Jets are in good shape despite Lance/Wilson not working out

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Niners and Jets have top 5 defenses but I agree. Just don't like either.

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

15. vince

vince Member

I get why everyone wants a QB. We have an Offensive line (with arguably the best Offensive left tackle in the NFL) very ready to make some noise.

The WR core is getting healthy, and it’s expected to bring in a top WR in the 1st round too.

But I don’t think we have the defensive line to stop anyone, sure there is talent in the secondary. But if you don’t pressure the QB, even the best of the best NFL Cornerbacks will be sitting ducks.

i say DE is absolutely a need the Texans have to address.

so if they have hesitations about the QB’s on the board, then go get the top DE. I think that is the safest play the Texans have!

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Another "season"?? He's made four career starts across two years, 1 during a literal monsoon, another ended after 3 passes because he shattered his ankle.

I'm flabbergasted how *anyone* outside of the 49ers organization - which named him the starter last year over Jimmy G + Brock Purdy - could draw *any* definitive conclusions on Trey Lance.

The vast majority of fans know jack ****. I trust the people in the building. They scouted him; they trained him; they named him a starter on a team expected to compete. What's changed in the year since he hurt his ankle??

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He won't be a bust here. We have the people here to help him become great.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Top 5 at any position? lol.

Also, those clips they show to justify his accuracy problems... are all clips of him throwing to dudes who are absolutely blanketed in coverage... which is why every single pass is broken up. Maybe accuracy isn't the problem, but target selection is.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This. You put Richardson behind a line like ours and he'll have Houston on top of the league.

vince likes this.
  20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Or maybe no one is open because he had lost his top five receivers by the end of the year. And none of the top five were any good either.