1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets interested in hiring Nick Nurse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 21, 2023.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Heres hoping Tilman doesn't low ball coaches with offers.

BMoney likes this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Totally agree - it's a very modern culture forward city. It's not New York, LA, or Miami, but it's certainly up there with the 2nd tier of desirable US cities and honestly is probably particularly well suited to international players because it's such a diverse city representing so many cultures.

Nook and Dacamel like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree. I enjoy Toronto. But I really wouldn't want to live there in the cold months, personally. I've lived off the great lakes and it's awful in the winter. This Texas boy isn't built for that kind of cold.

But yes, would I go there over Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Cleveland, Indiana or even Chicago? Yeah probably.

Nook likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, you can look at it this way, but every team had the same opportunity to get healthy during the long lay-off. Sure, not ideal, but I think most fans would have celebrated a championship. There are very few of you my man that would pretended as if it were worthless.

I would of been happy to be known as the bubble champion and would not have cared who discredited. It's no different than the BS we have to listen to from time to time regarding MJ not playing during our championship years (despite him coming back in 95, killing it, and getting eliminated by the Magic lol).

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I really hope its Nurse.

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

7. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I think at the end of the day we will get Cassell or Scott Brooks. I was hoping Nurse would scheduled an interview with the Rockets, the day after he was fired.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I think @Deuce has convinced me that Udoka and a top assistant is the best outcome..... I would not at all be adverse to Nurse either though.

I think there is a drop off after that though and would probably rather have Griffin or Abdelfattah over most of the other candidates.

AroundTheWorld and Deuce like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Another unknown lifelong assistant in Cassel who’s from the Doc Rivers coaching tree or a known below average coach Scott Brooks? Just throw the whole ownership and front office away at that point

arabrocket likes this.
  10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, there you go...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, if the Rockets won in the bubble, would you say it didn't count?

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I am glad I was wrong! Let's go Udoka!

Reeko likes this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

It was pure basketball and he outsmart everyone. I remember how he outcoached pringels

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LFG! =D

Nook likes this.