1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Braves

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say the Rays constantly trading MLB players for prospects/young MLB players giver them a lot more chances to develop guys. Not sure if they are better developing or just getting better opportunities.

Considering the Astros are primarily built on home grown talent, I have a hard time saying a team that routinely rolls with significantly higher payrolls is better than the Astros at devloping home grown talent. The Dodgers have used their wealth to allow them to be very selective in trades such that they don't have to fill gaps like the Astros do.

#881 Joe Joe, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  2. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I just keep telling myself that Marcus Semien didn't turn it on with his new team until June last season. and he finished with a respectable 2022.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

I'm wondering why Hensley hasn't gotten more run at 1B or 3B. I believe he has started two games at 1B, and none at 3B. Has anyone spelled Bregman at 3B this year? I thought Hensley was supposed to be that guy. Don't think Dubon has ever played 1B or 3B. Although he's doing terrible so far this year with Oakland, losing Diaz hurt, as he could play so many different positions at a high level. If Dusty or the front office don't have the confidence in Hensley to play at the corners, seems like we need a new utility guy.

6. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Bregman can rest when Brantley gets back or Brantley And Altuve are back.

He's not acting tired, in fact he's playing very well in the box and the dirt.

I'm sure he could use some rest in July, August, and September but right now he's needed.

What about Pena or Tucker? They also have played every game and they play much more physically demanding styles of baseball.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Some things won't happen until there's desperation. Dubon is a utility guy, but he'll mostly be 2B until Altuve returns

DaChamp likes this.
  8. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member