1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to interview Ime Udoka on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 17, 2023.

1. beardsanity713

Ime is the guy.

I hope the Rockets don't over complicate the process.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are you sure about that? Udoka is a fine assistant who got a chance to be a head coach for a stacked team and threw it away because of faulty decision making. I'd bet there were more things found within the 3rd party investigation that Boston conducted that are sealed up. Why else would Udoka accept his punishment so fast? I'd even go further to say this is just the first time he's been caught. Since its chill for players to go city to city banging out groupies I'd bet coaches with a broken moral compass do it too.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really truly sincerely don't want to punch down but only because I know she'll never read this: that girl is ugly as **** both her body and her face from the front and from the back. I'm not popular like Ime but you would have to pay me to **** that girl and I would have to need the money.

On a daily basis I'm shocked at how many people seem impressed by Udoka's "conquest". I guess to a person with those standards, it's hard not to see Udoka as a hero or charismatic or something lol. I'm hearing stories but the only girl we know for a fact he slept with is that girl. Is there some girl you guys have a picture of that is impressing you?

I'm seeing a guy who is cheating for the sake of cheating. He's not cheating because the girl is hotter, he's just cheating cause he can't stop. I don't know what the hell you guys are seeing. Maybe y'all got that white girl fever. Ime is just saying yes to anything if you ask me.

theDude likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was slightly prior to the Social media boom, it would have been a major shetbomb couple years ago or now.

5. MystikArkitect

The fake outrage boom yeah. Can't wait for the social media age to die so we can just go back to normal.

I like the Ime fit for Jabari, Sengun and Scoot (Henderson).

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Danny Ainge knew the woman well and got her the job with the Celtics. Outside of her I never came across anything else that was confirmed.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news...doka-boston-celtics-jaylen-brown-jayson-tatum

Rockets Coaching Search: Can Ime Udoka Change Houston's Misfortunes Like In Boston?
    After changing the misfortunes of the Celtics' 2021-22 season, Ime Udoka is one of several candidates in the running to take the helm as the Houston Rockets next head coach.

HOUSTON — A blown 25-point lead to the New York Knicks on Jan. 6, 2022, had the Boston Celtics' season in an abyss. The Celtics were three games under .500 (18-21), and it appeared Boston had declined under first-year coach Ime Udoka.

But instead of accepting the Celtics' fate as a non-playoff team, Udoka fueled his team with in-season adjustments and meetings to help save the 2021-22 campaign. The Celtics finished the regular season 33-10. And a successful post-season run led to Boston falling in six games to the Golden State Warriors in the 2022 NBA Finals.

"No one really expected them to win a championship," Celtics beat reporter John Karalis said. "In fact, I'd had some early-season conversations with front office people that stated, 'we're not winning a championship this year.' So even they didn't expect the run they went on. Udoka was a big part of them making that run."

Udoka orchestrated one of the greatest in-season turnarounds in league history and established himself as one of the NBA's most prominent coaches.

Violating team policies led to Udoka's premature exiled from Boston after one season. But his firing has made him one of the top candidates for the Houston Rockets coaching vacancy.

Although the Celtics already had a foundation in place when he replaced Brad Stevens as head coach. Udoka had an impact on helping the Celtics reach another level as contenders in the eastern conference.

"He certainly had a pretty good impact on the team," Karalis said. "It took him some time to get some buy-in from them, but he worked at it and held them accountable. Eventually, they turned around a pretty mediocre start, so while there was a foundation in place that had had some playoff success, it seemed a step away from a run to the Finals."

Udoka's coaching philosophy embodies the lessons he learned as an assistant under Gregg Popovich for seven seasons with the San Antonio Spurs. He is a defense-first coach who wants to replicate the 2014 Spurs' ball movement.

Udoka would help enhance the Rockets' defensive struggles. But becoming the 16th coach in franchise history would put him at the helm of developing Houston's young corps, headlined by Jalen Green, Kevin Porter Jr., Alperen Sengun and Jabari Smith Jr.

Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum were already All-Star teammates before Udoka's arrival. But each player took a significant step forward in their respective game under Udoka — making Brown and Tatum one of the league's best tandems.

"Tatum became a significantly better playmaker under Udoka, who challenged him to find his teammates more often," Karalis said. "Jaylen Brown had some of that as well. But Tatum's growth from pure scorer to setting up his teammates was pretty significant and helped that monster run."

The Celtics have maintained their success since Udoka's exit after one season. But even amid the success under first-year coach Joe Mazzulla, players still hold a great deal of respect for Udoka.

Players fought for Udoka after Stevens stepped down at the end of the 2020-21 season. The Celtics wanted Udoka's tough-love coaching style. And according to Karalis, Boston needed it.

Udoka proved he has the drive, philosophy and respect warranted to help a team reach another level. And Houston is hoping Udoka can replicate his mid-season turnaround in Boston to change the Rockets' misfortunes.

"Losing him after one season was tough," Karalis said. "Udoka spent his time in the NBA as a grinder of a player, and he carried that work into his coaching career. The players respect that about him, and he uses that experience to connect with his guys.

"He's been through the battles as a hard-nosed role player. He's been part of a championship team. He carries himself like a leader and a guy who knows what he's doing, and the guys tend to follow."

Y2JT, O-dawg, i3artow i3aller and 4 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. DreamR

DreamR Member

That depends, is he a cuck?

10. MystikArkitect

The Ring doorbell thing gives me extreme pause. Are we sure that Udoka isn't getting Hulk Hoganed here? So he's having explicit sexual conversations with another man's wife in front of a doorbell camera that can record video and audio? Hulk found himself in a similar scenario where the husband liked to "watch" and then the couple realized how much money they could get by selling the video to TMZ or whatever.

All I know is that I don't need any fingers to count how many times I've had explicit sexual conversations with a woman at her door. Wondering if the couple tried to get something out of Boston or Ime and this was their way of dealing with it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Remember that Will Hardy(Utah) and Mazzulla were chosen by Ime. They all have that Popovich, no nonsense coaching style mixed with extremely high basketball IQ and a heavy emphasis on defense on ball movement. No fear of holding stars accountable. These are the type of coaches that this team needs.

If IME cheating on his gf is an unforgivable sin then so be it. But we need someone cut from this same type of mold. X's and O's are only a part of what makes a great coach. We need a leader of men who these kids will respect.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Preach! Ime is human and he made a mistake off the court in his personal life. From all accounts (from those that know him and have played for him and with him) he is a leader and a very good coach. The type of coach this young team needs IMO. He is still young enough to grow and develop with our group of young guys for years to come. I think he could develop a culture here that would produce winning basketball for years to come. Defense first and ball movement on offense. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Y2JT, AroundTheWorld and BaselineFade like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Most honest response ever.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm getting Mark Jackson vibes here. Secretly installing cameras and then fake outrage plant to Mark for inviting Steph Curry to church. What a horrific thing.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Of course it’s gonna be him.

19. csc177

csc177 Member

Why haven’t we heard a peep about the interview? Did he bomb? Did we let him out the building? Is it a done deal? Wtf!

beardsanity713 and randerson like this.
  20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He mentioned he wouldn’t play kpj as pg and there was dead silence in the room.