1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2022/23 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dkamberi25, Jul 26, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wow, from someone who is half bleck.

Dad also from Senegal, should think before speaking out.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is very unlikely.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The French version

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

fake news

It wouldn't even make sense

Sané's roots are in Senegal as well

Mané is a hothead who thinks of Sané as his junior, but his performance on the pitch doesn't warrant it

Raz likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Harrrrrrrrryyyyy McGuirrrrrrrrrrre everyone!

DaDakota likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

By the way, the "journalist" who spreads those lies is a buddy of Mané. This lets Mané appear in a very negative light. It's damage control at the expense of the victim (Sané).

He has been totally underwhelming on the pitch, and he has a history of being a troublemaker on various teams. I know there is this social media rumour that he is this saint who doesn't buy himself a watch and donates all his money, that's nonsense. He has been problematic, and that is part of the reason why Liverpool let him leave.

Bayern should cut its losses after this season, sell him, and get a proper no. 9.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Definitely not his fault but he sure seems to attract bad things. What a absolute travesty of a 2nd half. Lose Varane. Lose Martinez. Give up 2 sh*t own goals to a relegation battling team. Going to have to play the return match likely without Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Rashford, and Bruno. Half of the typical starting field players. The FA Cup semi final gets even harrier as Maguire is suspended for that. I can make an argument that the loss of Shaw was a big factor in yesterday's outcome. Malacia was horrible. He caused the 1st own goal by marking way too loose and losing his player. ETH made a mistake pulling Bruno after the absolutely terrible yellow card that shouldn't have even been called for a foul at all...let alone a card. Midfield kind of fell apart when he went out.

I guess we'll really see what Ten Hag has because this is going to be a tough stretch without a lot of the core of this team. It was good to see Martial looking like he can still contribute and Sabitzer was great (in the 1st half). I have a feeling ETH is going to move Casemiro back to center half again like he did earlier and start Fred. I just don't think you can play these important games with Maguire and Lindelof again.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seems to be nothing and they are back in practice.

Mane had an aunt passing and probably was not in the best head space.

None of them are great leaders IMHO, I was a Liverpool sympathizer and followed Mane since Salzburg and heard of him since his FC Metz youth days.

Guy is not a bad guy just very emotional as many African players are.

I think a couple Senegalese media were printing the racial slur, not an African news expert.

Personally I do not really care and I do not believe firmly what was said but some words were definitely said, maybe not as severe.

https://sportnewsafrica.com/en/brev...th-sadio-and-what-leroy-sane-said-is-serious/

#388 daywalker02, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  9. leroy

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm worried about Bayern getting trashed 0-6 tonight. The team is in disarray; he left Mueller on the bench. None of my friends believe that they have a fighting chance in the state they are in.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Game went much better than expected, but again showed why we desperately need a good #9 and that our wings can't score anyhow.

Goretzka also has zero value for the squad, guy can't do anything on a top level. The resulting issues in the midfield lead to us having to play Pavard as rightback to bolster our defense, and wingers having to help out on defense more than they should, which wastes potential in buildup and counters.

At least we're getting Hernandez back soon who should replace Upamecano.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

1) Fire Kahn and Brazzo
    2) Hire Christian Seifert as CEO and Lahm as successor to Brazzo
    3) Sell Mané, Upa, Choupo, Sarr (lol), Goretzka...
    4) Find a proper no. 9

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Falk saying it too now.

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

So it comes down to the rematch from last year with City and Real on one side and the all Milan draw on the other.

Here's hoping City can solve their Real problem and make it to the finals. Feels like the City/Real match will once again determine the Champions League winner.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'll cheer for Real in the semi-final and for whichever Italian team makes it to the final in the final.

17. leroy

Seems like Pep has finally figured out that he needs to not overthink things and just go with what works. Going to be a fantastic semi-final.

As far as yesterday goes...I'm fine with not winning the Europa League...but to go out like that is tough. I get United is straddled with injuries and a suspension that limited the team. But they should be able to beat a mid-table Spanish team. Unfortunately, Slabhead strikes again and De Gea was just bad...to the extent that they were supposed to announce his new deal today and that has been put off. DDG has been a great ambassador for the club but it's time to move on. Maguire just needs to go. Just too many boneheaded mistakes.

I do think the game goes a little different had Bruno not been out because of that horrid yellow card call last week. But when Maguire/DDG give up that first goal in the way that they did, I think it sapped the energy out of the team and they just never recovered. Luckily Maguire is suspended for the game against Brighton on Sunday, even if it means playing people out of position to fill in...they're still better off without him on the field.

18. Raz

Raz Member

Nagelsmann dismissal killed our season. Guys have not been themselves since then. The decision makers will have to answer for this.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Brazzo and Kahn must go.

Raz likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Can't solely blame it on that, ppl forgetting we blew a 10pt league lead and had the worst game of the season vs Leverkusen at the point of his sacking.