1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnel

Arnel Member

lol sadly true

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Miller’s attorney said that by the time Miles had texted Miller about the gun, Miller was already on his way to pick him up…we have no clue if Miller ever saw or read that text before arriving

if he didn’t see that text and never saw, handled, or touched a gun, then unless somebody can provide proof that he knew a gun was in his car then it’s innocent until proven guilty…and clearly the police can’t find any proof

At 1:43 a.m., Miller's car pulled up behind Bradley's car, and Miles stepped out of Bradley's car.

Harris' Jeep made a left on Grace Street, away from the fight among the women in the alley and street. The Jeep turned around, lights still off, and pulled up behind Miller's car.

Miles then walked back to Miller's car and opened the right-side passenger door -- with Davis on the left -- and rummaged through clothes. According to court testimony, Davis and Miles had an exchange in which one told the other, "The heat is in the hat," and then, "Is there one in the head," meaning, was it loaded?

Standridge said Miller never left his vehicle, never touched the gun and had no idea illegal activity would occur. He cooperated with police fully, Standridge said, and Tuscaloosa Chief Assistant District Attorney Paula Whitley told AL.com the day of the preliminary hearing there was nothing Miller could be charged with.

mind u this was 1st reported as

Police testified that Miles texted Miller asking for a gun, to which Miller replied, “The heat is in the hat.” Later, police say Miller added that “there’s one in the head,” signaling that the gun was loaded. Miller was not charged in the killing.

If this was true, y’all really believe Miller would be out here uncharged?

and it was also initially reported that Miller had driven to the location and used his car to block the victim’s vehicle from escaping

the initial picture painted was that he knowingly delivered the murder weapon he knew was loaded, and then tried to prevent the victim from driving away…a clear case of aiding and abetting a murder

then we’ve come to find out that’s not really what happened

If Miller is the top talent and has the highest upside where we pick, then yes, I’m taking him.

Rockets shouldn’t be looking to a bunch of young guys just drafted to be team leaders. Yeah, it would be nice if 1 of them came in with exemplary leadership, but most of these dudes aren’t gonna be leaders of men. That’s why u bring in respected vets and get rid of pushover Silas.

xtruroyaltyx and roslolian like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This tournament was going to say a lot. Miller has armed body guards around him 24/7. Really got the feeling he would go really hard one way or the other.

Pretty obvious which way he went. A lot of pressure with the death threats, legal issues etc.

8 for 41 from the floor in the tournament…. That’s not bad, that is horrendous.

He is a little old for a freshman, and there is the legal issue and him literally ******** himself in the tournament three straight games.

The guy will still go top 3-4 in the draft. Looks like another #2-3 type guy and not franchise player. Very good player - but Jordan, Magic, Hakeem, Curry and Durant wouldn’t do that…. Has more of an aggressive better version of Harrison Barnes… which we can put next to our version of Rashard Lewis (Jabari) and hope they lead us to the highs of those Glen Robinson and Ray Allen led Bucks teams.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Yung-T, AroundTheWorld and OremLK like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If I were him, I wouldn't be discussing it with the press or anyone else.

What he say's on camera / recordings can and will be held against him and this is an active case with a very long statute of limitations.

Zip it .... would be my advice.

Nook likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah not exactly a strong finish to the season for Scoot either. But:
    1. G-League is tougher than NCAA, I think. Slightly better players on average, more NBA-like spacing & offenses, longer three point line.
    2. Scoot is a year and a half younger than Miller.
    3. Scoot has way more upside than Miller. Best case for Miller is Danny Granger, best case for Scoot is like taller CP3 with the sliders moved over a bit from shooting toward driving/athleticism. He's that kind of competitor, just has the "it" factor you rarely see from a prospect of his caliber.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that anyone that is making a real assessment on Miller from his games at the tourney is a fool. :)

roslolian and rpr52121 like this.
  9. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

He was also hurt, miller is our guy, hopefully we can get #3.

10. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Trash for going out after a win as a college student? That's making a lot of assumptions considering they may have been acting in self defense. Sometimes trouble finds you.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

This isn't fantasy basketball. We aren't drafting better player for next season. We are drafting for the one with the highest potential to get better in the future.

BaselineFade and No Worries like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The company you keep is an (inconclusive) indication of who you are.

These guys bring their "friends", and they end up around the other players as well.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We ain’t getting either guy…we’re trading the pick and now the value has gone down. Hope it was worth it for all you tanking fans. Also, heard that the Stone/Silas combo is looking at Nix as our starting point guard next year.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There are legal issues; and there are moral ones. For me, I don’t trust the fellow.

Nook, topfive and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

The kid just went thru a harrowing case and got a lot of hate from people who just equated him with murder. Kid wasnt even charged by police but it didnt matter to the public who already judged him guilty by association.

He comes to court with body guards as a
    20 yr old I mean you dont think thats gonna affect your shot and confidence?

Yeah he isnt hakeem, mj durant..who is in this draft though? I mean there's Wemby...and then the injury prone scoot and Amen who cant shoot and made his hype by beating up high schoolers. They all have warts, but at least Miller is a 6'9 shooter with some playmaking and passing skills. Just like with Jabari Miller's gonna be valuable just due to his role, unlike say Amen who can become a bust if he cant shoot or Scoot who is pretty small in the NBA.

Arnel likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Never said it was the right decision. In fact I said the exact opposite. I’m just not into crucifying folks for bad choices, especially teenagers involved in he said she said stories that I wasn’t there to witness. As far as the being groomed part, I’m not sure how that is relevant. Really that’s just more speculation on your part and even if he was coached about certain things so what?

So in one paragraph you talk about grooming and then in the next paragraph it goes out the window. It’s an active case. You don’t think he was “coached” or told how to respond to these direct questions? You think lawyers and his agents haven’t told him exactly what to say in the aftermath of all of this?

#496 xtruroyaltyx, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ok. I think i see whats happening. I dont think some have read the updates. I never knew that it was initially suggested that he was blocking the car and he delivered a weapon that he knew would be used to go on the offensive against someone. I only read the updated version.

Now new details have emerged painting the opposite picture.

Prime example why folks shouldn't judge based on he said she said stories that they weren't there to witness themselves.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Just YOUR poor judgement to lump Nix, who may or may not turn into a decent NBA player as "low character"

19. ChievousFTFace

He went out with 2 teammates and a friend of a teammate. He wasn't even hanging out with the friend. He waited at a restaurant while others went to a club. These are hard facts and not assumptions. At least be open minded as new information slowly comes out.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  20. ChievousFTFace

Robert Horry has entered the chat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.