1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your current Rockets Top 5 Draft Big board?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Mar 15, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Also, Shai's effective field goal percentage was very similar to Jalen's his first couple years in the league.

There's no guarantee at all that Green turns out to be as good as SGA, it will depend on how he develops. But he definitely has similar tools and skills to a younger version IMO.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe he meant shot maker instead of shooter. SGA has some ridiculous FG% for a high volume shooting guard, the guy just makes shots except for 3's.

saleem likes this.
  3. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

If Jalen Green decreased his scoring to 19 ppg next year on a slightly increased eFG% (from .482 to .514) while making less 3s, getting to the free throw line less often, and decreasing his apg, would that be a success? Because that is what would have to happen for a 21 year old Jalen Green to have a 21 year old SGA season.

cmlmel77 and Tuckmose like this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Drafting for potential, not for best player now. He's long and can shoot. Thompson twins can't shoot and their shooting form look broken. That really scare me.

roslolian likes this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would definitely take Ausar over Hendricks if you want to get a guy with potential who will probably have a jump shot. He really improved over the course of the season and looked fantastic at the very end. His mechanics look pretty clean now to me.

roslolian likes this.
  6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

saleem and Ancient Moabite like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1. Wembanyama
    2. Scoot Henderson - I think he maintains this spot regardless of the shooting questions. He hits free throws and for whatever reason, free throw percentage frequently translates to 3pt% in the NBA
    3. Anthony Black - his vision, height, and defense are worth a look in my mind. He also seems to be a big game player.
    4. Miller - that shot is silky. He didn't shoot anyone, he shoots the ball.
    5. Jarace Walker - fills the need to have more talent in the front court, defense, shooting, activity... he might actually be 4 for me.

Cam Whitmore, Nick Smith Jr, Amen Thompson, big ole Grady Dick... a lot of these guys I don't see their games ever translating the way we want this high pick to translate. They all have super talents in places, but this pick needs to have a lot of NBA skill to start out and I believe my top five all have it. If we drop to 6th pick somehow... Ausar is my pick but I'm trading it if anyone bites.

Side note: Clowney should be a first round pick.

Edit: GG Jackson is sliding up my draft board quickly. That guy puts a lot of pressure on the defense.

Another edit: Jett Howard looks legit. Two way player, smooth jumper, can pass, defend, shoot... a lot to like.

#127 don grahamleone, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    sydmill and roslolian like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that not only do I not think we should draft Miller #2 or #3, I think if we land #3 through #5 we should be willing to part with significant assets (i.e. Clippers pick, future Brooklyn picks, even a guy like KPJ maybe) to trade up to #2 and get Scoot just to dodge that bullet and get an actual franchise player. Especially if a team like Charlotte (LaMelo) or Detroit (Cade) lands at #2, because I can see them legitimately entertaining an offer to move back and take Miller or somebody else and let us have Scoot.

saleem and MystikArkitect like this.
  9. invocux

invocux Member

I really don't want Wembanyama. That chopstick will not be able to stay healthy, it's written in the stars. I predict at least an achilles injury and 2 acl's. I really hate the size queens we have here. Besides, girth > length.

PatBev likes this.
  10. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

Black is your third pick? Lmao

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

He’s like 30 years old…

[​IMG]

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

My Top 5 picks are as follows:

1. Dy-Lan
    2. Dy-Lan
    3. Dy-Lan
    4. Dy-Lan
    5. Dy-Lan

Every single one of those guys spit hot fire!

13. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Houston needs an early 2nd rounder and nab Drew Timme 6-10 PF Gonzaga.
    Dude is a offensive machine and would be a sweet add off the bench.
    J.S. this guy is a must have type of player that would make this team a wow on both the starting 5 and the bench.

14. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Poor man's Luka Garza. Timme is an incredible college player, but he'll get ran off the court in the NBA. Good college player =/= good NBA prospect.

Sooty, No Worries and groovemachine like this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

1 ~ Wemby
    2 ~ Scoot
    3 ~ Amen
    4 ~ Miller
    5 ~ Cam

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I go back and forth between Walker & Amen Thompson as my #3 in this draft. I certainly won't be disappointed if we take him there. Instant impact player who makes our defense way better day 1. Young enough and good enough tools that you can envision him becoming a Julius Randle-type player on offense down the road.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What an incredible defender, damn. I've never seen a more convincing defensive talent in college (in highlights at least). Offense is very raw, but I would gladly take him because I have no doubt his defense will translate and that's a very very safe and stable asset.

Ancient Moabite and OremLK like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really like Walker ... but with the current roster - Jabari / Tari and the rest of the logjam at the 3-4 spots, where does he play?

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think about the fit when it comes to drafts. Just draft the BPA and when you're sure who in the logjam has the lowest potential (and before they get stale), trade them for a future pick or depth at another position. Can't miss out on the best player available imo.