1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I forgot to mention seeing Ty Segall a few weeks ago. He is incredible. He's like T Rex and Jack White.

DCkid and thegary like this.
  2. body slam

body slam Member

Saw Los Lonely Boys last night and they were better than expected. They skipped a few song I was hoping to hear but added in some covers and some acoustic stuff. Still a good fun show. Giovanni and the Hired Guns were the opener and they were just ok.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We took our two youngest to the Rodeo Tuesday night. We picked New Kids on the Block because I can't stand Pop Country and out of the non-country bands we thought it would be fun for them. My 5yo passed out in my lap around 8PM and our 7yo was starting to fade around 9 so we decided to leave before the music started.

As we were walking out, they started playing and holy ****, this is by far the worst live 'band' I've ever heard. They literally sounded like five guys drunkenly singing karaoke. I didn't expect much but I at least expected these guys who had been together for almost 40 years to be able to harmonize and sing their songs effectively. Wow. I won't say it was a waste of money because we really enjoyed the Rodeo competitions but we should have went to The Chainsmokers, the audience eye candy would have been better.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Lionel Richie and EWF are coming to the Toyota Center - perfect birthday gift for the wife.

This will be our 4th time to see Lionel. I know his guitar player, so we even got to go backstage a few years ago. Lionel was nowhere to be found but we got to hang with the band for a bit. No such luck this time, since my buddy doesn't play with him anymore.

But yeah....I'm scared to see the ticket prices once they go on sale...

DFWRocket likes this.
  5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

ok so by watching SeatGeek just about daily for the past month - Yesterday I was able to score 2 tickets to New Order for $46 each (ok, $66 after the seat geek $20 fee). The face value of these were $150 from ticketmaster the day they went on sale, but there were quite a few in the $40-$50 range yesterday.

Ticketmaster was selling Depeche Mode for $150 in the nosebleed section at American Airlines Center the day they went on sale. Today, I'm seeing those same tickets on Seat Geek for $67. I think I'll continue to watch them and see if they fall some more.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'll be buying Nation of Language tickets when they go on sale to the general public at 10am. $18 a ticket and luckily NOT through ticketmaster. Bonus - it's literally a 15 minute drive to a small venue right off 30 in Fort Worth so I don't have to drive over to Dallas.

[EDIT] Sorry Xerobull, I meant to respond to the person you were quoting [EDIT]

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Went to 2 shows over the weekend
    Alter Bridge and Mammoth WVH AT 713 Music Center if you haven't been to the venue its part of where the post office was on Franklin downtown.

The Winery Dogs at Warehouse Live

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Thinking about getting tickets to Lauryn Hill, Psychedelic Furs, and/or Peter Gabriel.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is interesting on seat geek, thanks for the heads up.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Went to Flock of Seagulls. They were ok, but the mix had the guitar leads too low. they only played 14 songs, no encore. Strangelove, the DM Tribute band, was the opening act. They were pretty darn good. The lead singer sounded a lot like Dave Gahan, but the guy in the Martin Gore role was over-the-top.

Bought 4 Cure tickets for $30 each with a $18 ticketmaster fee per ticket. Just got emailed fromTicketmaster that they are refunding $10 per ticket after Robert Smith complained about the costs of the fees. Thanks Robert Smith!

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Friend invited me/gave me free ticket to Billy Joel at SoFi Stadium last Friday. Great seats, club section, good show. I know some Billy Joel songs but not a ton, still very enjoyable.

FrontRunner and ima_drummer2k like this.
  12. AWIN

AWIN Member

Went to New Order last week at 713 Music Center, felt like a 30 year high school reunion at Roxy. Also got tix to see The Cure, going to bring my AARP card to see if I can get some drink discounts, maybe hit up Luby's for a fried fish Luann platter before the show...sucks to get old.

DCkid and ima_drummer2k like this.
  13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

anyone get their concert tickets from tickpick? They legit?

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Taking my kids to see Stomp at Jones Hall tomorrow.

I'd really like to go see Peter Gabriel in October, but I'm unsure about what he plans on doing.

The upcoming trek could find Gabriel taking advantage of an idea he's been cultivating for 50 years. He recently told Yahoo that he'd like to mount a stage show based on life-sign readings from artists as they perform. The singer explained that it would involve “three outputs from each musician – one: their music; two: their body; three: their brain,” which could be used to control lights and image projections.

Technology, including AI, has progressed to the point that Gabriel's original visions are now more feasible and he's not intimidated by the onslaught of artificial intelligence. "We might as well just grab the algorithms and dance with them, rather than fight them," he said. "Unfortunately, I don’t think my job or anyone’s job is safe from AI. The way to look at it, though, is this amazing tool kit is just coming into our possession and we could do all sorts of extraordinary things, including perhaps – and I do say ‘perhaps’ – protecting our future.”

I'd much rather he just tours with his AMAZING band and plays everything from Secret World, etc.

FrontRunner likes this.
  15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Went to see Janes Addiction at the Hollywood Palladium on March 9, they were still pretty solid, although Perry Farrell's voice is aging.

VooDooPope and mikol13 like this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Skinny Puppy coming up on Good Friday.

The Cure in May

Depeche Mode in October.

Who knows what else I’ll mix in along the way.

Bono likes this.
  18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. VanityHalfBlack

Does anyone know where I can get Cure tix at Toyota center for May show?

20. VanityHalfBlack

I need that cure tix for May!!

mikol13 likes this.