1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you embraced your salt and pepper hair?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Mar 21, 2023.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

So some background,..my name is Randy, I have a lawn and landscape business I own that is actually doing great - we employ 3 fantastic part time workers in their 20s and they can sometimes barely keep up with me -I also am active and in amazing shape but I am in that 45-50 age range despite my charisma and rizz and all that - I no longer have the solid brown that I used to ,..let's just say it started to salt and pepper a bit and I'm not gonna be like my dad that colored his hair into his 70s. It looks so weird. .. so I was almost thinking about coloring it. I know the unthinkable but I'm not trying to impress anyone. I have my wife I am happy where I'm at but at the same time everyone likes to think they look great so I was almost thinking about it, but then my wife said you know who has salt and pepper hair? Ryan Reynolds. All of a sudden that made my day ! That did it and now I embrace it. - but I'm wondering now if my wife has a secret crush on that actor now ? Mmm Lol jk Dang anyway I was wondering if any of you old farts have embraced it or fought it ?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I started going gray in my early 30s. I'm about 40 percent gray now. Including facial hair. Every female I have ever run into is really into salt and pepper. I have no idea how Just For Men stays in business. Going gray ****ing rules.

B-Bob, boomboom and ROXRAN like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Beard started going a couple of years ago, so it's a mixed bag of colors right now. Just starting to show up top.

I will not be fighting it.

CCity Zero, Xerobull and ROXRAN like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Started to show up at 34 but only on the back of my head. Only found out about it when my daughter asked me what I did to my hair. Oh well. I'm married. As long as my body stays in shape I don't give a **** what my hair does.

Dankstronaut and ROXRAN like this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You don't know how many times I've thought about starting a thread about hair dye lol. (I'm not kidding. :oops:)

I'll probably live with the salt and pepper as long as there's still some pepper in the mix. But all salt? Yikes! I can't even imagine that.

If anyone's dying their own hair I would love to hear about it. Does it run and drip when you sweat? Can you wash your hair once or twice a day? Are you happy with the results? What's the best product? Any tips???

B-Bob and ROXRAN like this.
  7. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

It started in my early 40s, I shave my head now and have given up my 90120 side burns. I pretty much only see the salt in my goatee. Which had a reverse skunk stripping for many years.

My Dad once he retired and stopped shaving getting haircuts would more than likely make the finals in an Earnest Hemingway look alike contest. I’m hoping to follow in his approach someday and even compete.

hearing talk about dying makes me think an electric razor in shower is much easier and a smooth scalp feels great on the fingers

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If I were vain enough to change something about my old-ass self, gray hair would not even rank in the top 10.

B-Bob, MadMax, AroundTheWorld and 4 others like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just having a fraction of the hair on that dude's head would make me a happy Rockets fan. I wouldn't care what color it happened to be.

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately for me, by the time I could grow a decent beard my chin started to go grey. I use beard dye to keep it more salt and pepper. A fresh haircut and some beard dye takes off about 10 years for me.

FrontRunner and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

When I was a little kid I had blonde hair and it’s gotten darker and darker as I’ve gotten older. It still bleaches to a nice gold when I spend a lot of time in the sun but I avoid that now that I’m older because I’d rather not get skin cancer.

It started turning what I call platinum about five years ago, mostly on the sides, and it’s probably 60/40 now. My wife loves it. What’s weird is that the part in front of my ears where it transitions into beard is actually turning black while a bulk of my beard, when I don’t shave, is also platinum. I also have been occasionally getting black eyebrow hairs, which is also weird.

I personally can’t stand having a beard, mostly due to the humidity in the Houston area, and don’t understand having one that is partially white if you’re relatively young as it definitely makes a man look older.

I keep my hair super short, again mostly due to the humidity, and as @kubli9 said it helps keep me looking younger, more professional/less of a slob which is a stark contrast to what I call the Weird Al look, which is what the Zoomers are pushing.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Since giving my life to Christ and embracing the bald life, life has never been better.

CCity Zero, ROXRAN and Jontro like this.
  14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

What hair? I started losing mine around when I was 30. If I cared about getting it back (rogaine, hair club for men, toupee, etc.) then I would probably also care about dying it. But since I don't care that I am bald, I certainly don't care if my hair is gray. My dad is 80 and I swear he didn't get any gray hair until he was past 50. He has obtained some gray hair since then but if you saw him, you would never guess he is 80 and he doesn't dye his hair.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i've had a bit of grey since elementary. great genes i guess. i'm now 13 and still have a bit of grey. no girls in school have commented tho.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

My hair went from light salt and pepper to nearly full Steve Martin in a few years. Silver pretty much dominates nowadays, I've thought about the color deal but I just can't, keep getting images of Giuliani melting so I'm just going to stick with what nature has brought....

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Manny when I met you over 15 years ago (I think) I don't remember you having hair back then as well lol - good seeing you tho haha

ps it's weird how some people can go into their 60s or maybe later with no grays - one of my aunts on my mom side (Hispanic) is in her late 60s - zero grey - she said she doesn't dye and I don't understand that unless she's fooling all of the family

#17 ROXRAN, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Manny Ramirez likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes. I still look hawt.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't fight it. I've started getting some grey hairs, just turned 35 years old a week ago.

Ubiquitin likes this.