1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't anticipate him being out of the top 5. There aren't 5 players better than him in this draft. Outside of wemby he's easily the only other elite 2-way player in this group

OremLK likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Did you buy them before the final 4 teams were known? I think a good chunk of tickets are held back until the teams are known.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

final 4 tickets sales went on sale a long time ago (close to a year ago) as did the rest of the tournament. This event isn't made to be a home court host advantage. Tickets are at the cost of the resell market at this point if you intend to go.

le081488 likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agree, if I had to guess I think he goes #5, with an outside shot at going higher depending on how the draft order shakes out. Some team is going to be too excited about what he brings to the table right away, especially if they already have a guy projected to be their franchise player (Charlotte with LaMelo, for example).

The Rockets aren't quite in that position where they have a guy they're sure they can build around, but if they can't get Wemby/Scoot and if they don't believe in Amen's ability to reach his potential, I think they might as well just take Walker. Better him than Brandon Miller. You can sign a Brandon Miller type of shooter, or at least a poor man's version, very easily out of free agency and all it will cost is cap space. It's a common archetype. Much harder to acquire a player with Walker's combination of skills, they don't come around too often.

5. Aware

Aware Member

I dont think you pass on Brandon Miller

Jarace is going top 10 possibly top 5 but i think the top 3 is set with Miller in that mix

6. Aware

Aware Member

That would be a hard offer to turn down
    Great fan support and a conference he's familiar with

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite and Nook like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think they're very, very close as overall prospects, closer than most people realize. I think Miller is just getting more buzz because,

a) Alabama.
    b) Being a leading scorer in college is sexier than being a great defender + a jack-of-all-trades who is good at a lot of different things on offense.

But I see them both as very high-floor prospects whose ceiling is to get into a few all-star games. I doubt either of them becomes a superstar or the #1 option on a championship team.

9. MystikArkitect

I can see a situation where Jarace goes above Miller like Barnes went above Suggs.

OremLK likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol perfect example of random darts thrown at the wall sauces

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So I just got my confirmation letter from UH athletics that my sweet sixteen ticket request will be fulfilled by the school.... and they gave me seats literally 3 rows from the ceiling of the arena.

Worst yet? Checking the secondary market, I could get seats in the lower bowl for less than half of what these tickets are going to cost me.

I'm so pissed.

Edit: LMAO there's a wall blocking half my view of the court from my seat too

#6811 DonnyMost, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Hippieloser likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

What's even funnier is that guy is the Wichita State beat writer for the Wichita newspaper.

#6812 Buck Turgidson, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Nook and YOLO like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Feel the love, Coogs

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Wait , what? How is a guy averaging 11 and 7, going in the top 10 this year in Jarace? What am I missing? Is he like super good, but just didn't put up the numbers this year?

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Let's **** these fools up for Christ on Friday. GO COOGS baby.

Nook and Hippieloser like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Oh no :\ lol.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Reliving this gorgeous defensive shutdown. 1-5 doesn't matter

Tommyboy likes this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Defense. You're missing defense. Heard some say Jarace could be a DPOY candidate. Also, just look at the dude--he looks stronger than most guys in the NBA and he's only 19. What is he gonna look like in 5 years? The Hulk? The raw tools are fantastic here. Also, they're not running the offense through him at all because they have such a stacked roster, especially Sasser, so it's hard to say what his offensive ceiling actually is just by looking at the stat lines. He does display a lot of different skills, so if even one of those develops into elite, he could become a much better scorer than you might think just by looking at surface-level stuff.

Houstunna, Nook, Pat and 1 other person like this.
  20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Sasser 90%+ and Shead getting better everyday is all I wanted to hear. Last year Mark and Sasser both done in December and tge team played with a chip on their shoulder and made some serious noise. But I was left wondering what if.... This year I rally hope all the stars with a line. Final four in Houston. Jim Nance's last call. I got my tickets to the Final Four the day they went on sale hoping to see not only great basketball at the college level but great basketball by coach Sampson. The program's been building every year making it to the big dance playing some phenomenal teams winning some of those games against known programs. They've been ranked top five all year and faced every team's best effort. So I'm really hoping we got all the guns blazing and we can do our best and let the chips fall where they may.
    Can't wait for Friday night Go Coogs.

Houstunna, Plowman and seemoreroyals like this.