1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason should start at 3.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Dec 11, 2022.

?

Start Eason now?

1. Yes

76.7%
  2. No

23.3%
  1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Every Rockets fan is going to be "Guntarian" soon. Sengun and Tari will be the faces of Houston.

Respect to JGreen/Jabari/KJM/TyTy/Josh but this duo are the uncut gems of the roster.Hope they will be Rockets in foreseen future.

eurobasket23 likes this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

KJ's defense is not questioned much because of the blocks but he is not good outside of that. The big 4, Green-KPJ-Sengun-Bari never needed much more offense (more valid now with Bari playing better). They need defense and the difference between Tari and KJ is huge.

KJ to me is an energy guy off the bench if he can't take his game another level up.

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d rather draft miller, sign a free agent, or move KPJ to the 3 if we bring in a point guard

Henderson, Green, Tari, Sengun would be the most horrendous 3 point shooting starting lineup in the nba

I need Tari to be hitting at least 36% and get better at finishing layups before I let him be a starter

maj21 likes this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

Tari is only a set shooter. Miller is a movement shooter and can’t come a screen & let it fly! That’s what we need and it’ll open up so many driving lanes

5. maj21

maj21 Member

You’re delusional as ****

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I've been thinking about this thread ever since I started the [Player Assessment] threads. Will probably go ahead and dedicate a PA thread for Tari but it won't be a terribly different take. Will just be more focused on him instead of the position battle.

"The ball finds energy" is one of the old basketball adages that will forever ring true. He seems to be in the mix but he's always willing himself there too. Tari's spirit and hustle, his frame, his production are too damn good to ignore. I want to see if Tari can maintain that energy at 30mpg and I don't really care if Kenyon Martin's dad disagrees. Also would like to see if he can maintain 3% on more attempts. I wasn't expecting him to be this good, this soon... or at all really. Now I need to know how high the 3&D potential goes.

xaos likes this.
  7. OkayAyeReloaded

Eason started tonight and had 21pts 12 Rebs 4 steals on 9-16 shooting. He's also currently the #2 rookie in the league for WAR and Raptor advanced stats per 538.

Please develop him with time and resources as our star players or top picks.

[​IMG]
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Silas barley prioritizes his top 2 and 3 picks, LOOOOL

wishing you luck Tari. We gotta get Silas out of here!

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's really hard to understand why we're seeing even 1 minute of 27-year old Tate, let alone 22 per game. His efficiency has gotten worse every season he's been here. He has no upside.

Give KJ Tate's minutes off the bench, and give Tari KJ's starts.

PeterKingX and theDude like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think they are trying to hide some of the players this season. Eason and Garuba being the main ones with TyTy coming in third.

I am betting Martin, Tate, Sengun are on the other end. When they see who they can draft/sign in free agency they will consolidate those players to move up from the clippers pick higher, or package with the Clippers pick for a good player.

What could 3 of the 4 of Sengun, Tate, Martin, and maybe Christopher the Clippers pick get you player wise? I really have no idea.

gfab-babyboi and theDude like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Core: Sengun, Green, Tari, Jabari

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. ilias

ilias Member

The biggest miss these last two seasons is how few minutes we have given the rookies that were not drafted in the top 3. Sengun should have been playing 30 mins since last year, JC and Ty should be playing 20 mins each and every night, Tari should be starting from day 1. We have wasted a year of Sengun’s and Ty’s development, 2 years for JC. As a result we haven’t seen/tested how well they can play together, whether they should be part of our long term plans, and we have limited their potential trade value when the time comes to consolidate talent.

I’d like to see Tari get more minutes next to Sengun and KMJ when Jabari sits. The Jabari-Tari-KMJ lineup is also very interesting.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been saying this all year.....he balances out with defense and rebounding....and it is why we should trade KMJ....

DD