1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more Wins this sesaon!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Mar 19, 2023.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This was the thought for Texans fans about wk 3 of the season but them fools managed to **** that up as well.

clos4life likes this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'm down for losing, I'm just not under the illusion that Silas is intentionally tanking like some are. He has absolutely no ability to impact the game, good or bad, and if the kids running the locker room are getting better, there's nothing we can do about it.

There's actually people on reddit that think our front office is intentionally tanking. Our front office has never intentionally executed anything well, they aren't about to start now.

fryjol7, clos4life and Haymitch like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He has an ability to impact the game

The mins of the bad players are yonked while the good players are upped. If silas wants to lose all he has to do is just give more mins to nix.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd like us to pick up a few more wins, like three or four. Would be nice to see a little progress over last season, especially since we traded away all the vets now. Should still be enough to be in the bottom 3, I don't see Charlotte losing out.

BTW, I agree Silas isn't intentionally losing games, but if you think the front office didn't intentionally set up this team to tank I don't know what to tell you. They couldn't be more obvious unless they put it on a billboard outside Toyota Center.

fryjol7 and anthony59237 like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

They probably go winless on that road trip. That’s an awesome thing considering what’s at stake.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. mightybosstone

As long as they stay in the bottom three, who cares? If there were five elite players at the top of this draft, I'd agree with the tanking sentiment. There isn't. I don't have a strong opinion on any of the guys after the top 3, and there's clearly not a clear consensus among analysts either. So if the Rockets aren't drafting top 3, does it matter much if they're drafting anywhere from 4th-7th right now? Not especially. And even if there was, they are more than likely drafting in the top 5 (67%-80% chance) if they finish with the third- or second-worst record.

The only concern should be not letting Charlotte "pass them," but the Hornets are four wins up on Houston with only 11 games left. Do we really think the Rockets are winning four out of 11 and the Hornets go completely winless down the stretch? It's pretty unlikely. Everyone needs to chill. A few wins down the stretch are good for their confidence, so long as it doesn't hurt their odds at a top three pick.

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It’s ridiculous to get worked up over a few wins. You are talking about the change in odds between the 5th and 6th pick.

For the 100th time for the mathematically challenged guys in the back:

1. they will be bottom 3 - the rockets are 4 games “up” on Charlotte with 11 to play. They play mostly playoff teams here out. Even if they go .500, Charlotte would have to go 1-10.

2. bottom 3 are identical odds for top 4 - not much to be said here. It’s how the lottery works, unless you are a conspiracy theorist who believes dozens of people, multiple billionaires, and an external audit firm are all able to keep quiet about a massive scandal

3. The floor is nearly the same for 2nd and 3rd worst - I keep hearing about the 7th pick. The odds of the 3rd worst getting 7th are 7%. It requires all bottom 3 teams to lose the lottery. 6th is the most likely floor for second and third worst. Yes, second worst has better odds at 5 (hence my original comment) but it is a minority odd in any case (28% 5th/20% 6th for second worst, 15%/26% for third-worst). Not to mention….

4. At 5th-7th, picking the “right”‘player is a crap shoot - in that range there is no correlation to draft position and eventual success.

Yes, there is marginal trade value for 5th vs 7th, but because of 4 above, it is marginal. And again we are really talking 5th vs 6th.

So relax, enjoy a few wins (esp root against the Warriors). Then sweat the lottery day … it’s the only thing that matters for now.

#27 cmlmel77, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah, I need the Warriors and everybody else to either pass up or stay ahead of the Clippers.

i3artow i3aller and OremLK like this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

You are right - that is definitely logical. I just hate the Warriors so damn much.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Imagine sucking for 3 years just to win some meaningless games and miss out on maxing our chance at Wemby.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Someone must have reminded JG that if the Rockets get Wemby, he won't be top dog anymore.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We still have Charlotte and Detroit on our schedule gonna be tough not to win those 2.

DD

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

This guy shot below 20% on short European 3s, yet some people think he's already a superstar:
    [​IMG]

lololololol!

#33 topfive, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Dude, same thing here. I have been in the opposite side of management on how to deal with this. But right now, just to be able to show the receipts. Stick to the plan. Don't get too creative

topfive likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree with you and @Williamson. Watching this team finally start to figure it out has been so much fun, but just imagine when we add one more high draft pick, a free agent star, and a couple of FA rotation guys. At times next year, this team will be ridiculously fun to watch, and after that it will only get better.

Wins the rest of this year are unimportant, as long as the kids play hard and don't give up. 2-3 more wins are likely, and won't hurt our draft chances. Winning half of our remaining games, though, won't change the mindset of the players at all, so what's the point? Just try hard.

[​IMG]

Williamson likes this.
  16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Can we be like the Spurs just once, get the job done? Imagine that Duncan tank year they just randomly decided to start trying in the last 20 games.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You had me at "I agree with Williamson".

topfive likes this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

If that's the case, then how can this site by so critical of a coach they're asking NOT to win? Silas will NEVER please you idiots

Corrosion and Verbal Christ like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You want them to hang on for two more years so the Rockets can b*tch slap them in the playoffs.

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Like last year, many here got upset we won those two back-to-back games against Portland and blamed Silas that he doesn't even know how to tank.

It's hysterical. Somebody gotta be complaining.

Verbal Christ likes this.