1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I’m glad Cooks got traded to the cowboys…I hated him before but now I can hate him even more…Skeletor Jones and Cooks are peas in a pod…

2. raining threes

They need to get tough physical athletic players at TE/Center on offense and another RB. This isn't the class to go chasing WR's even though the really need a speed WR this isn't the year to do this.

On defense I'm hoping for a trade down from 1-12 if Young is the pick at 1-2. No picking Young, give me the 2 best players available 1-2 Anderson and 1-12 Nolan Smith. If there's a trade down to say 1-20 give me Van Ness and with the 2nd gotten in the trade down give me Campbell.

Toughness and talent on both sides of the ball.

3. Landry's Tooth

Achane will likely be gone...

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Agreed, the cherry on top was getting rid of the quitter aka BC......later loser, and the best thing is you land with the Cowgirls

5. raining threes

I know this is the most likely scenario. I've seen him in alot of mocks in the 50-67 range. The reason there's hope that he falls is that RB's usually fall at least 1-2 rds from where most mocks have them going.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

Achane will likely be gone...

Wypler seems doable... maybe a positive if it's Stroud having worked together extensively...

raining threes likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Give me Deuce Vaughn in the 3rd or 4th as a change of pace and slot receiver back.. He makes people miss.. May not be an ideal homerun threat but he can bite off chunks of yards for you. Could be very useful for a QB that thrives on timing and ball placement *cough* .. The lil fella from Bama !

Sooty likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

Johnson is raw with rout trees... 2 year project probably..

Would rather gamble on health of osu wr...

Fulgore likes this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

I would like Bijan at 12 if he's bpa at wr/te/rb.

I think Michael Wilson in 3rd out of stanford makes sense. Woods isn't the vertical threat he used to be and Wilson has prototypical size.

I think Wypler at top of third is probable available...

CVcrew, Sooty and Fulgore like this.
  10. raining threes

I dont know about this. Does he fit a ZBS/San Fran type RB?

I could definitely be sold on Vaughan, I like the player.

11. raining threes

If Schmitz is gone and Wypler is sitting there at 2-60 do you trade up to make sure you get your long time starter or do you stay put and hope he falls to you?

If trading up cost you 3-73, 5-161, Mr. Irrelevant.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

With as many needs I wouldn't give up more than a 6 or 7 who you're typically hoping is a special teams guy..

There's a center from Wisconsin with a lower grade but more like low 3 upper 4...

I would look to maybe move back targeting him and try to pick up an extra pick...

I still like value in Wilson out of Stanford because we need to take the top off and investing on any of the flawed receivers in the 1st is too much for me... maybe at 33 if right guy is there...

If you told me they go Stroud or Young, Bijan at 12, and best wr available at 33; I'd be thrilled.

You then make a run at edge in 3rd...

Tempting though to go CB around 12 or 33 if someone falls.... decent chance we could have a projected 6-8 best overall available at 12 in form of CB...

raining threes, Fulgore and Sooty like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Young
    Bijan
    Zay flowers

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. raining threes

I'm more of a fix the trenches guy. Give me The best player on the Georgia defense who's fast as lightening (Smith) and his teammate the best blocking and most athletic TE in the draft. (Washington) Trade up for the best center available. (Hoping for Schmitz a 10 yr starter or Wypler) Gotta solve the center position if Young is going to have a chance. I've got no problem picking Wilson or Mingo at 3-73. Although I really like Dorrian Williams LB Tulane at this point in the draft.

Build up the Trenches and get a great DE/LB. If Bijan is there I would probably pick him and use him in the slot some. I suspect if Bijan is there that teams are going to want to trade up for him. If Bijan is there at 1-12 do you trade down to say 1-17 for more picks?

Nook and Ancient Moabite like this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

With as many needs I wouldn't give up more than a 6 or 7 who you're typically hoping is a special teams guy..

There's a center from Wisconsin with a lower grade but more like low 3 upper 4...

I would look to maybe move back targeting him and try to pick up an extra pick...

I still like value in Wilson out of Stanford because we need to take the top off and investing on any of the flawed receivers in the 1st is too much for me... maybe at 33 if right guy is there...

If you told me they go Stroud or Young, Bijan at 12, and best wr available at 33; I'd be thrilled.

You then make a run at edge in 3rd...

Tempting though to go CB around 12 or 33 if someone falls.... decent chance we could have a projected 6-8 best overall available at 12 in form of CB...
    It's tempting and most mocks have him lower around 15-25 that I have seen...

I'm fascinated by a combo of him and Pierce just as a run dominant offense initially while qb1 is learning.

I do feel like like Rankins patches up the line well... thinking more holes on offense.

I would pickup an edge/olb that can rush the passer and maybe a 5th on an inside dl to possibly replace Rankins in a year.

Musgrave at TE would be more appealing to me as a 2nd than dropping a 1s or 2nd on WR. 33 is too high for him... maybe lates 40s... so trading back from 33 could be in play...

I wouldn't hesitate trading a future 3 to move up for an additional late 2... thinking from 4th...

raining threes likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad he's gone too BUT do you think Nic could have gotten more before the trade Deadline? A 5th and a 6th and you had to throw in $6M....just think Nic got robbed again!

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That will be a fun team. Not sure about the W/L record but it will atleast be watchable

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. raining threes

It's tempting and most mocks have him lower around 15-25 that I have seen...

I'm fascinated by a combo of him and Pierce just as a run dominant offense initially while qb1 is learning.

I do feel like like Rankins patches up the line well... thinking more holes on offense.

I would pickup an edge/olb that can rush the passer and maybe a 5th on an inside dl to possibly replace Rankins in a year.

Musgrave at TE would be more appealing to me as a 2nd than dropping a 1s or 2nd on WR. 33 is too high for him... maybe lates 40s... so trading back from 33 could be in play...

I wouldn't hesitate trading a future 3 to move up for an additional late 2... thinking from 4th...[/QUOTE]

I like your thought process too, I love Musgrave, but I think he will be gone.

Rankins and Ridgeway will help solidify the IDL. They need dynamic playmakers and Smith is a rare guy. IMHO I'm not saying he's Parsons, but dudes that are 6'3 240 lbs and run 4.39 are very rare. Plus the dude was one of the best playmakers on the best defense in a decade 2 years ago. If he's there I would have a hard time passing on him at 1-12.

I'm with you in going offense. Draft another 10 year starter in Schmitz at 2-33 and draft the best TE possible at 3-65. Trade up if if there's a run on the TE's. There are 5 that are long time NFL starters. Give Young a the best center and a very good TE for the next decade and this will have been a very successful draft.

There will still be another 1 or 2 picks within the top 103 picks to get a WR. I guess what I'm saying is I dont like this WR class much and picking a WR high in this class would require passing over better talent at other positions. IMHO

moonnumack likes this.