1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

i am sick of this

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by djteknokid, Jun 1, 2001.

1. djteknokid

djteknokid Member

NBA.com praises 76ers like they are warriors. (Not as in.. goldenstate)... I understand that Iverson & crew are playing with injuries and make a big deal out of it.... but... it is not like bucks are 100% healthy team either.

------------------

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I am just plain sick of Iverson. He chucks up so many shots, and gets praised for it. He is shooting like 27 percent for the series, and he scores fewer points than the number of shots he takes. If Steve took so many shots he would average just as many points, and would probably have a better percentage in all categories.

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm also tired of hearing 'Iverson's hip must really be bothering him' everytime he misses a shot. You don't hear Sam Cassell's ribs mentioned 20 times a game.

------------------

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Why don't I come to Texas and bash your hips in, then I'll force you to play basketball. See how it feels.

------------------
    The Protrolls.com message boards!

Protrolls.com!

And his ghost can be heard as you pass by that billabong: "All I did was steal a bloody sheep!"

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

As long as I get to come up to Seattle and crack you in the ribs [​IMG]

Seriously though, at this time of the year, everyone is playing a little hurt, with nagging injuries and pain in the joints.

But Iverson has had an inordinate amount of injuries due to his small stature and balls-to-the-wall style of play.

You can see as well as I that he's in serious pain everytime he steps on t the court.

I think he's a bit overrated cause he shoots so much, and I don't think he deserved the MVP, but I won't deny he's one tough SOB, and deserves to at least be acknowledged for playing through all that pain.

------------------
    This space currently being renovated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Doesn't change a damn thing. I'm still sick of hearing about it.

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited June 01, 2001).]