1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Going into the process, Bryce Young is to the Panthers what Mac Jones was to the 49ers when they traded up. They traded up with the idea of they really liked Mac Jones, went through the process and wound up on Trey Lance. I think this team moved up with the idea Bryce Young was a guy they loved and they really like CJ Stroud and we’ll see what transpires during the course of evaluation. At the beginning of the process, it starts with Bryce Young as the favorite.” — Schefter

[​IMG]

Trying to goad the Texans into trading up.

I mean, just as soon as they traded up for the pick, Panthers beat writers just as soon “leaked” “Well, they could actually trade back down and recoup some assets!”

Leaking they love Bryce or currently have him #1 or as the favorite, who does that benefit?

They very well could take Young but I believe nothing right now.

Schefter is great at being used by teams/agents.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/adam-schefter-ian-rapoport-broncos-report.html

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/ad...-tweet-implies-requested-approval-source.html

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/adam-schefter-deshaun-watson-tweet-truth.html

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/ad...to-snowball-ahead-of-his-own-free-agency.html

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/em...entire-story-to-bruce-allen-for-approval.html

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/ada...t-deserves-all-the-criticism-it-received.html

#4741 J.R., Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  2. Ancient Moabite

I could be wrong but I think they are going back few yrs ago when M Jones was talked about being drafted by 49ers after they traded up but end up taking Lance and Jones fell to Pats

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Vegas still has stroud -250

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

clutchfans to Adam right now:

#4744 zeeshan2, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly why you have to ignore the reports leading up until the draft….unless you just like drama. Just last week it was Stroud or AR15.

houston19519, cbass, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Holy goalposts!! We are trying so hard to discount young, that we have to **** on Russ Wilson because they are close to same size? You had to add in the “as a qb making max money” because he literally led the team to 2 super bowls winning one… good lord you guys are ridiculous..
    “Any qb that can diagnose coverages without being forced to buy time” DUDE THAT IS WHAT YOUNG IS SO GOOD AT. I can’t.
    but he isn’t a hard worker, and not as good between the ears or off schedule as Young.

basically you are docking Young twice. One for being as bad as Kyler and one for being short? Who cares where he was picked. Young is a closer comparison to Wilson and Brees than Kyler. And if you went back, I bet Bree’s and Wilson would be drafted much higher than they were.

why would we use draft pick location as a comp?

Cannonball likes this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I will post every time I see him in a Texans jersey just to piss off my guy @cmoak1982 :D

whag00, houston19519, cbass and 6 others like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah cool, since they have the #1 pick then they can just draft Young then.

Texans should congratulate them then proceed to draft Stroud. Don't fall for this. This team has too many holes to give away ANY picks.

Commodore, ROCKSS, cbass and 7 others like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bingo, nailed it.

Schefter has to be a mouthpiece to get the scoops. It makes no sense for them to come out and say this. Other than that they just confirmed the Texans want Young and they're putting out a bat signal. Oh, and they're trying to change the narrative of Stroud or Richardson.

mario_v, cbass, Omihall23 and 5 others like this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe the Texans don't want Young or Stroud. We're doing a really good job of keeping our cards close to our chest. Let the pundits spew their disinformation, stay the course Caserio.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I hate you lol

mikol13, No Worries, whag00 and 8 others like this.
  12. conquistador#11

6 more weeks of this.

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

100% This. Schefter has proven over the last year, he'll carry so much water for these teams and agents, that you can't really trust much of what he says unless it's already happened.

I'm with you JR, them drafting Bryce could 100% happen, but I seriously doubt that they went up to 1 to get him. I genuinely think with their veteran QB room, they could very well be going for a project type QB and NOT the most "NFL ready guy". I think it's between Stroud and AR....and a hopeful trade with the Texans.

J.R., cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Maybe the Texans really want Anderson and Trade down to ARI, IND and finally to SEA just to pick up 1st round 2024 picks. Maybe even CHI where they can pick up 2.

All in for Caleb Williams.

cmoak1982, Jayded and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

What relative of the Groundhog didn't see his shadow. 6 more weeks of speculation based on misinformation.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There’s weeks to go before the draft; Adam wants to serve up drama. Watch after Alabama’s pro day; the reports will be nuts

17. Jayded

Jayded Member

Devil’s advocate - If the Panthers take Young at 1.1, the Texans surely won’t want to deal with Watson’s agent (Stroud) again, right?

Since I’m in favor of waiting until 2024 for a QB, I hope the Panthers take BY and force our hand. If we must (must) take Levis or Richardson, I hope they trade down some in case they are very wrong.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’ll believe Vegas before basically any reporter.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You are not going to avoid his clients forever. Caleb Williams could very well have the same agent.

gucci888 and cbass like this.
  20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I do too.

However, the issue here is Stroud has drifted from abut -330 to -250. So the odds of him landing there has decreased over the past few days.

Hank McDowell likes this.