1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022-23 Houston Rockets -- will they be over/under 24.5 wins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets win over or under 24.5 games in 2022-23?

1. OVER 24.5 wins

188 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. UNDER 24.5 wins

79 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Wood was our best player... And hes a bench warmer now

2. Nook

Nook Member

The players certainly deserve some of the blame as well, but when I see young players on the Rockets not knowing very basic basketball principles after being on the team for a year or more - and I see similar players on other teams learning these skills - there is an issue with the coaching and player development.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the East is just more top heavy but the West is far more competitive but any ways it's fine to be disappointed, but rebuilding is not easy and it takes a lot of patience. It wasn't going to be a smooth ride. The teams you praise, OKC and Orlando, were laughing stocks. Hell it seemed like the Kings would never get better.

I think a lot of yall weren't prepared for this and were spoiled tbh. There wasn't any sucking between the Yao-Tmac era and the Harden era, the Lowry Scola teams were mediocre. Rocket fans are not used to a true rebuild that could have no end in sight.

YOLO likes this.
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I was wrong.

Corrosion and Bo6 like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Call it whatever you want, but the East has a better win % over the West this year. It's something like 52-48 East.

This represents a substantial shift in the balance of power, I think in the pandemic year it was 60-40 West, and had dominated interconference play

I don't think this really supports the "just more top heavy" theory. You'd expect to see more basketcase teams in the East if that were true but instead they have the same number as reside in the state of Texas.

I also think it's not a spoiled thing to have expected, 27 wins this year. That's objectively bad! I've seen a number of people pushing the idea that rebuild cycles should last 5--10 years or more, that seems to be way longer than it is for most teams, to the extent I've looked at it. 4-5 years between missing playoff (or, play in, now)/getting near .500 seems a lot more like the median than the Kings 15 years.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets are 7-35 against WC teams and 6-14 against the East this year.

Even during the Yao and Harden eras the Rockets pounded on those Eastern teams.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

YoUr ExPeCtAtIoNs ArE tOo HigH! HoW DaRe YoU eXpEcT 20-25 wInS! CrAzY tAlk!

#248 J.R., Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    Dopamine likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i really thought the over on 24 was easy money... vegas is always right

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe Vegas had some insider info about how Stone and Silas planned on tanking REAL hard (plus Tilman praying for Wemby). :D

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Spurs are all of a sudden competitive now.... what a plot twist.

Easy likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Kings are really an anomaly, they have been bad and despite being in the lottery every year they haven't drafted an Allstar in the first round since 2010 - Demarcus Cousins which spans 11 top 10 picks.

They have either blown picks or been in situations where there just wasn't a franchise guy to be had.

Sacramento might be the poster child for worst case scenario ....

Orlando has had a similar situation .... they haven't been better than .500 since 2011/12. They have only drafted two allstars in the last 18 drafts.

Lets hope we aren't stuck on stupid like those two franchises have been ....

Easy likes this.
  13. thekad

thekad Member

Had the under. Didn’t know it was going to be even worse than last year lmao.

Trash organization top to bottom.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bump for relevance. how's our progress? I have us making the play-in

Williamson and YOLO like this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Jesus, over 70% of this forum thought this team would not be in the dumpster.

Reinforces my long standing belief that the fanbase really had no idea what they signed up for in a rebuild.

topfive, Williamson and YOLO like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks like me think there would b some improvement but not that much.

A poll that would have better grasp if people could or couldn't stomach a rebuild is do u think this team is playin bound or not.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm very smart and 71% of you are not.

larsv8 likes this.
  18. txtodd

txtodd Member

30-52 gonna save a lot of jobs

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, this cannot be emphasized enough. Everyone who is disappointed, angry, frustrated, etc. just assumed this rebuild was going to be quick and painless.

It's like nobody at all paid attention when the Astros were doing the same exact thing just a few years back.

YOLO likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of us were overly optimistic about a rookie Jabari and thought the end of the season Jalen was real.

Turns out we were wrong.