1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Nice…make yourself the victim. YOU brought up Twitter. I been on Twitter a calendar year. March 6, 2022. Been on here since 2006.

And I’m not trolling, but feel free to take it how you want it. Don’t get mad if I respond to what you say though.

2. dmoneybangbang

Likewise..... don't act like a child when folks disagree with your thread. This with us or against us approach is just off putting.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How about no one rushes to judgement in any direction on any of these young players for a year or 2?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. vator

Acting like a child?

Who in here is tossing insults? Not me. You’re exposing yourself lol

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. dmoneybangbang

Who said "tossing insults"? That your conscience speaking up?

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Tossing insults at you over this is ridiculous. I haven't even tossed insults your way despite the fact you have yet to have done a fully Josh Christopher centered podcast in which you have me on as the guest.

Hive5, DreamR, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

This. This is classic GARM..... you are either looking for receipts or just flat out bashing Jabari.

It's just asinine to suggest Jabari has made some kind of leap or figured it out based on some games at the end of the season.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You will not find anybody gladder to be proven wrong, at least for now, than me:

10. vator

Are you being for real? I don’t get worked up enough on Clutchfans talking to strangers to “act like a child.” Insulting people and saying stuff like what you’re doing right now has never been my style. If you quote me I will respond is all I’m saying. I don’t care enough to get mad and start trying to be disrespectful. I don’t care about people disagreeing. At all.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, yall can try this but a lot of us told you guys sometimes have to adjust. If you thought he was just going to come into the league and dominate nightly that's just not how things go. I tried telling yall this.

Rookies have MAJOR ups and downs. They don't dominate consistently, if they did, they'd be all-star players. The man is still adjusting to NBA life, hell, he's adjusting to life in general at 19, and he's learning his skills and what he can do on the court.

We tried telling yall "He's 19..." but you guys kept mocking that. What were most people doing at 19 I wonder? Did you have it all figured out? Were you dominating your field?

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  12. vator

You and I might be the only people who have an irrational love for Josh Christopher in this fan base. We might need to set something up. I’m serious lol

13. dmoneybangbang

Which is why you started a Jabari apology thread based on a handful of recent games, but ignoring the play up until about a week ago. Sure.

To be fair..... maybe you are just after the "likes" and "social media clout" since apparently you have a podcast (kudos). Clearly I view these types of threads as childish. That's my opinion and take care.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are usually wrong, which is one of the reasons I never lost hope for Jabari.

15. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Very sorry I didn't join hands to sing Kumbaya waiting for the 3rd best incoming player to finally show an ounce of his worth, but more importantly happy for you no-lifers that feed off the dopamine you get from these "gotcha" moments, I know you need it to survive. And since almost every player we have is young I guess there's just no real point in critiquing them at all. #dontjudgetil2030

16. vator

Lmao…what? Ok you win bro. You got it.

Now I’m chasing likes and clout on Clutchfans. Smh

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

now see, I guessed that was hakeem94 you were responding to . . . I was wrong

18. vator

Player apology forms have ALWAYS just been a lighthearted joke. I will never understand why some people get so mad about them, but that’s just me. We’re all wired differently.

Just supporting a 19 year old that’s struggled all year.

It’s not that serious. It’s not that deep. Trust me.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Just as it was premature to call him a bust previously, I think its premature also to say he has arrived now.

I am ecstatic he is playing better, but these things need time to evaluate.
    For me, and this goes for over half the players on the team, it will be the later part of next season at the earliest before I start penciling in who are goats and who are sheep.

20. dmoneybangbang

You do have a podcast? No? You are really active on Twitter? No?

Your intentions are your own business.