1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

I’m not ready to get there after he put together multiple good games.

I hope he plays like this next year, but I’m not going to get excited about end of season play.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bobby outs himself for being a hating ass hater. good for him.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

They can’t help, but take the bait. Works every time.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Look Bobby managed to roll off his parents sofa to reply. It must he time for them to feed him

Pistol Pete and majicdonjuan like this.
  5. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

silas & kpj must kiss this 19 years old boys ball everyday
    they ruined his rookie season till last week

King1 likes this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's fair

7. MystikArkitect

8. a time to chill

I'm glad Jabari is playing well, but he should be sending the apology to fans for waiting until the season is almost over before blessing us with his skills.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Now it’s Jabari needs to apologize for being 19 lol. Some of y’all really have no business talking

19 year old kids aren’t going just come in set the league on fire. The fact that some of you expected that is yet another tell sign you have no idea wtf your talking about

funny how goalposts move. bari is playing with extreme confidence and showing signs of exactly why he was drafted but we have folks talking about im not going to get excited. lmao. That is literally why one should be excited as a rockets fan. but nah haters do the opposite.

#49 YOLO, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not mad and I like your posts and your podcasts. No need to go straight to quoting whose tenure is longer and whose likes are 4x.

You made a silly troll Tweet. Gotta be able to take dissenting opinions. There's nothing to apologize about. Jabari is earning his way out of a long slump where he looked G-league caliber. I'm happy for that.

#50 napalm06, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    keeez, J.R. and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. napalm06

Ain't nobody pooping here. Do not be alarm. Smith is finally coming out of his shell and nobody owes anyone apologies. No foul, play on!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. napalm06

For about the 1000th time. :confused:

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks never learn. Rookies are inconsistent as fk, making sht knee jerk takes and attacking other posters for being more patience is just setting yourself up for a roast a thon.

U figure folks would root for the rookies that play for our team to become better but nah it'd more of an ego thing hoping they suck so your sht knee jerk takes weren't wrong.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do you think he waited? As if it was intentional? Or, is it more likely that it took a 19-year old kid some time to settle in and gain the confidence needed to know that not only does he belong here, but that he can be a top level player?

Imma go with the latter.

YOLO likes this.
  15. Ernie The Giant Chicken

I will admit that I was on the fence with taking him at number 3; I wanted Ivey. But am glad to admit that with the way he has been playing of late, seems like the right guy for us right now. Only 19 years old and will only get better.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I never thought he was a bust or wanted to send him to the G-League, but I was very disappointed in his poor shooting numbers (and inconsistent shooting form). I was also disappointed to see how unathletic he was, but I learned to adjust my expectations from a KG-type defender to a Battier-type defender.

But I'm definitely glad he's hitting these shots. He'll cool off in a bit, I'm sure, but I'm glad he has had this very strong run of games.

17. a time to chill

I just wish he had found his confidence sooner. Second year in a row where we had a top 5 draft pick be nowhere near the ROTY convo. Sigh, maybe next year.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A sht coach and an incompetent pg can b a real sabotage to any rookies chance of winning that award

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've never called Jabari a bust, but I've probably complained about him sucking before. He did a lot of that, but I didn't expect him to come into the league as one of the youngest rookies and put up these kind of numbers. I've mostly been concerned about how bad his shooting was, but I was willing to factor in that he hasn't exactly been set up for success in that regard.

That said, what I don't want to do is get all amped up like I did last year when Jalen Green looked great down the final stretch of the season only to see him show up the following season and be pretty damned bad. And btw, he was pretty damned bad last night. Guy literally only made one more shot than Jabari on 17 more attempts. Insane.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everything still depends on this summer's draft, nothing has changed.

Jaygup can ball out too and nothing's gonna change.

dmoneybangbang likes this.