1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About Last Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Mar 14, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, I'm neither a SOF nor a POF (Porter only Fan), I've always said I'm a ROF (Rockets only fan).

However, I see what I see and I know what I know. Last night was the best the Rockets have looked in 2 or 3 yrs and it's largely due to Jabari and YES....KPJ. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the game!

KPJ does have his attitude problems but so did one of my favorite Rockets, Vernon Maxwell. BTW, on a side note, I use to party with Max....Dude is AWESOME! I truely believe that every team needs that player with an ATTITUDE!

I've always said, the Rockets need to find their identity and last night was a start; shooting 3's, long defenders and being able to SWITCH on Defense. And I just do not think that is Sengun's strength! I think Sengun would be perfect as a backup in Denver or team with a similar style.

If nothing else, Boston showed the Rockets the formula for SUCCESS! Houston's roster is similar to Boston's.....All the Rockets need, is a defensive center and two wings who can shoot 3's at a high rate.

So, SOFs, POFs and any other OFs, if you want the ROCKETS to succeed just look at LAST NIGHT

DaDakota, maj21 and MadMax94$ like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Am I allowed to look at other games? Or is this the only one that shows the way we have to play?

juanm34, burlesk, maypk and 4 others like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If KPJ played pg like he did last night for the rest of his career, I would have no problem with him being the long term pg option. He actually was making quick cross court passes to open shooters instead of spam dribbling for 15 seconds. That's what he needs to do consistently.

justinh, lakersuck2, maj21 and 3 others like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

although at times there was some spam dribbling . . . old habits die hard

34to11 and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Most of Denver's board wanted to trade Jokic when their mediocre coaching staff couldn't figure out a way to utilize his strengths.

We could gift wrap Denver another great player because we can't design anything beyond the easiest schemes (such as switch everything), or we could get a coach with an average IQ that can maximize our roster.

Seems pretty obvious to me, but if we're determined to keep the bill low, we can sacrifice value by shipping Sengun out and seeing what return we can get. Then we don't have to pay a coach that'd actually good.

justinh and Rocket River like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gerald Green had attitude... but i'm sure no Rocket ever questioned whether or not GG had their back...

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

burlesk, 34to11, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think we need to look at what the situation was. Before Jabari's game turned around, who could he pass to to score; Jabari? Sengun? Tate? KJM? The only players who were scoring on a regular basis was KPJ and Green. Everything was centered around them as primary scores.

Now that Jabari has picked up his game, KPJ is trusting him more, it only makes KPJ and Green job easier.

Mind you, no one is a robot, everybody has bad games. But didn't he recently have a 19 assist game?

DaDakota and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think we need to look at what the situation was. Before Jabari's game turned around, who could he pass to to score; Jabari? Sengun? Tate? KJM? The only players who were scoring on a regular basis was KPJ and Green. Everything was centered around them as primary scores.

Now that Jabari has picked up his game, KPJ is trusting him more, it only makes KPJ and Green job easier.

Mind you, no one is a robot, everybody has bad games. But didn't he recently have a 19 assist game?

11. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

yesterday sengun was out but silas was in
    trade sengun
    extract silas contract to 10 years :))

PatBev likes this.
  12. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

who could he pass ???

it was easy .. just give the fck ball to sengun and stay on the 3 pt line

13. dmoneybangbang

Actually our win against the Bucks was most impressive and that was months ago.

We played great last night, but we beat a sub .500 at the end of the season

eurobasket23 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rather have Popsicle, Sopsicle, Ropsicle.

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The ONLY thing with that analogy is Sengun slows the ball down and he's playing for 2's while other teams are playing for 3's. Thus, we are constantly being out scored.....it's a losing plan. If Sengun could shoot 3's and spread the court similar to Jokic and Embiid, I think he could fit

#15 hlmbasketball, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    topfive and maj21 like this.
  16. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

sengun was shooting like %70 2pts 8/11 6/9 7/10 so it was good
    last games he was lik %40-50 than you are right... you cant win with that
    he must work for his ft, 3pt , and one hand floaters whole summer ...
    he is not ready yet

and sure defense ; but rockets must work on sengun .. he is 20 years old he cant fix his issues by himself

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj ain't our future pg. High assist and low turnover ain't sustainable for a dude who lacks the playmaking and court vision of a pg. U can go look at his assist turnovers from game to game, inconsistent as fk. U can't dismiss it to a simple, oh his teammates cant hit threes, there's more to playmaking/offense than just dumping it to a dude at the 3 pt line and expecting him to make it.

We can't even rely on him to score enough to carry the team as the head honcho since he's inefficient and currently injured.

I still stand by my stance that kpj at pg hinders the development of his teammates due to his weaknesses.

I do hope we find a replacement pg during the offseason in the form of the beard or scoot or we are just gonna repeat this season result.

This thread is basically a kpj stan calling out sengun. U can claim to b a Rockets fan but when u have a pg freezing out a hot player in smith hat ain't a recipe to long term success.

#17 DatRocketFan, Mar 14, 2023
    eurobasket23 likes this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I am not anti-Harden, I'm just Pro-Championship and what do you think Harden can teach these youngsters about being a Champion?

While Harden was here, I was 100% behind him and I still am. I hope he wins a championship in Philly but I just do not think he's a fit with this Rockets team. I'd rather go hard after two FAs who can shoot or a legit center, than to bring Harden back at $40M + per yr.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Harden brings very good high iq basketball concepts to this team to teach a backcourt cornerstone player.like Green similar to CP3's help provided to OKC and the Suns in developing their young cornerstone guards. Harden will really help with Jabari's sustained efficiency. A lot more easier looks. Just overall.thr offense will function smoother with an elite playmaking pg who knows how to take care of the ball and position players where they need to be.

I would say look at James Harden has done for Maxey's career. Sixers fans really want to keep Harden for a reason.

James Harden is simply a ultimate steady presence for a roster that doesn't have any.

I personally would prefer Conely Jr.for development as he is going to be even less ball dominant than Harden and he can teach of r guards good perimeter defensive concepts and lead with proper intensity on that side of the court.

But Harden puts a higher ceiling on winning now relative to Conely in the short term at least.

#19 fchowd0311, Mar 14, 2023
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Oh please we haven't won a ring since 1995, pro championship my a$$.

A tru Rockets fan would address our biggest weakness on offense which is an actual pg. We are literally dead last in many measurable offense stat with the head honcho leading the way bc he fking lacks the court vision and play making ability of a point guard.

Oh but since u have a huge boner for kpj, of course the beards return wouldnt b something u want since he would undoubtly displace kpj position at pg.

3 years of being dead last with kpj at pg, but apparently the beard isnt good enough to change things around and bring us back into winning games again.

Rocket River likes this.