1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nix Highlights From Tonight’s Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Mar 9, 2023.

1. WestendMassive

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The one positive I see from him is he can sometimes get to the rim and use his strength to finish sort of like a lesser version of Tate.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Poor guy. He's just a pawn in a tanking game. Who wouldn't accept the opportunity to get unearned NBA minutes with open arms?

I think we're too hard on him. He's not the one giving himself minutes and there's no reason the coaches can't develop him off the court. He can stand to lose a lot more weight and improve his offense in the G League. He's not good enough to get these minutes but he's never not doing his best out there.

I don't understand dumping on the guy personally. If you're going to blame anyone for Nix's readiness to play NBA basketball, it's Silas or Stone who know full well he's not ready for the NBA.

5. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Silas has taken the enjoyment out of Rockets basketball for me. I literally stopped watching when i saw Nix starting.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. invocux

invocux Member

Kid's a waste of ejaculate. I physically cringed when he missed that open layup.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

In 10 years he’ll be working at McDonalds watching TyTy play in the all-star game.

HardenReturns likes this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He was so, so bad last night lol. I'm still beside myself as to how he ever gets minutes. Must be tanking is the only explanation I can think of.

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That one drove me nuts in real time. A couple of minutes earlier, he also missed a wide open Jabari Smith for a corner 3.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Remember, Silas and his gang glued Alpi to the bench at 3:38 to go in the 3rd quarter, with 26 minutes played.

Nix played 35 minutes; until he fouled out.

HardenReturns likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it's not Nix, they'd ideally find another scrub with another illustrious name for their tanking purposes.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nix is Stone's pet and that annoys me. Stone has to stop with the bias and just own it that he missed on this player.

14. MadMax94$

MadMax94$ Member

Ish Smith wasn't Ish Smith either when he played for the Rockets. He barely belonged in the league with no jumper.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Want someone to make a gif of the Zoolander scene in the car with Silas, KPj, Nix and Garry.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I’d rather we play a Make-a-Wish kid over Nix

groovemachine and HardenReturns like this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Exactly. I’ve defended Nix all season and will continue to do it. He’s an end of the bench project that has been given way too many minutes by an organization that doesn’t know its head from its ass. He is talented and has ability, but he’s just not there yet as an NBA player. It’s not his fault that they keep throwing him into the fire when he’s clearly not ready for at this point in his career. I don’t get the hate. This team sucks, but it’s not because of him.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What if it’s not and both he and Silas are back next year???

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Then I will be very, very sad.

I guess so. Hope for real change next season.