1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JA Morant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jan 3, 2022.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not sure how reliable this is, but if true, Ja could be the next Aaron Hernandez

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

At Shotgun Willys, smh lol

Live right across the creek from there, what an institution it is

5. CertifiedTroll

A long term suspension and strict reinstatement rules could literally be saving lives.. But at the cost of dollars. What will it be NBA? :)

grape likes this.
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Also entirely possible he didn’t bring a gun on the plane…that it belonged to someone else he was with that night.

I’m not defending him for what we know he did…just defending him against guesses.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Kobe admitted this himself that he was not a good leader when he was young , he admitted he was selfish, this is all known, he rebranded because he was smart. I was not a fan of his game, did think later in his career he was more relatable to people and that is what helped his brand. It also helped that he was in LA as you mentioned, it is a big market with fans that can be influential, Ja is in Memphis. Kobe spent a lot of time with his family, was present at his daughters events and games and dedicated his life to that (part of his brand was being a "girl dad") , his legal issue was something that came out of left field, and it was not really something that was part of his image and he tried to distance himself from it, in Ja's case he has now had 3 instances of guns being involved in person, one w a minor, one involving bringing guns to his workplace and pointing them at his opponents or their family?, and has tweeted to woman about shooting them, so this is who he is, this is his brand and he is happy being a thug and keeps bragging about it. Not saying one is better or worse than the other, but it is all about perception when it comes to sponsors.

That is the difference in why Kobe was able to come back from his situation and why people forget about what happened, and why Ja won't ever come back from it. I am not saying this to defend Kobe, but it is how he was perceived by people, he didn't build a brand of harassing women and then finally prove everyone right. Someone like Deshaun Watson did repeatedly harass women, and do you see sponsors flocking to him? His image is permanently damaged. Ja may get an NBA contract, but my initial post said Nike and sponsors will run from him. When you repeatedly do something its not something you can explain away, especially when you are not a good public speaker yourself. Kobe could speak in a manner that was intelligent and that is how he was perceived, Ja speaks like a gangster, tweets like one and wants to be seen as one.

#248 BallSoHarden, Mar 7, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is who we all wanted to weigh in

Os Trigonum and KingCheetah like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Your beard is weird

[​IMG]

11. Nook

Nook Member

Ja is not hard.

He needs to watch it because anyone hard can see right through his fake ass.

He keeps it up and someone not playing is going to show him.

Roll into the United Center and hit the streets after the game and see what happens when you flash your pipe.

Ja will have 5-6 of Antoine Walker's kids shooting him in the throat and stealing his ****.

TMac'n and J.R. like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Goofy ass - corn ball mutha ******

TMac'n and J.R. like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

The guy is dumb as ****. I dont really dislike him tho. I dont understand the hate. Its just funny to see for me

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you're going to flash a pistol, why not something cooler than a purse gun?

18. PhiSlammaJamma

This is a case where you deny deny deny. The truth will only get him suspended. Suspect it's all true. But he might be able to get away with it if he lies. Somebody would need to roll over on him.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. PhiSlammaJamma

3 Losses in a row. How much more will Memphis be willing to withstand. They are about to lose home court to the Kings.