1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Imagine the celebration if anyone on Houston right now managed that statline lol.

BallSoHarden and riko like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Kyle Neubeck the Sixers chief beat writer on clap hands podcast who laughed off the rumour just three weeks ago is as a “ negotiating tactic”now saying it’s more then a “” real possibility” from what he understands

#1082 riko, Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    mario_v likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean if Harden still wants to come back now, while we're on an 11-game losing streak amid a strong bid for the worst record again, I don't know what's going to change for the worse between now and the offseason. There is upside for things to get better too with the draft & if he can talk anyone else into tagging along

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

He doesn't need to use a "negotiating tactic" because Morey will give harden anything he wants, sixers fans are now getting nervous because just like with us and the nets when a rumor comes out about harden wanting to leave there is some truth in it.

ElPigto, riko and Y2JT like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey can't give him the Houston lifestyle and the investments he made in Houston.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why are people acting like Harden’s next Sixers contract is ultimately up to Morey? It’s the owner who needs to be convinced to pay a mid-30’s Harden a 4 year max contract.

and I can see some hesitation if the Sixers aren’t a legitimate contender and can’t beat the likes of the Celtics and Bucks

they could be paying 37 and 38 y/o Harden 60 mil

it’s different for us because we’re looking to make the leap from trash to playoff contender while developing our young guys, and Harden is the perfect bridge for that

snowconeman22 and groovemachine like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would argue that if Harden has another flop in the playoffs this year the Rockets offer in free agency is likely to be better than the Sixers offer. I think the ownership, and the fans won't want Harden back on a max or near max anyways. They will all be in agreement that Embiid needs more than just Harden, and will see anything near max as a hinderance to getting Embiid a true second star.

I think Sixers fans are more than happy with what they are getting with him though as a huge help during the regular season though so I don't think Sixers fans and the owners hate having Harden by any stretch, but I think they won't want to pay him what Houston would pay him.

Morey is smart enough to evaluate the environment in which to bring back what Harden's camp is demanding which matches or is greater than what Houston will offer.

JayGoogle and Reeko like this.
  8. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

No way nets would give bridges for tate+ christopher they are both worth each a 2nd rounder and the nets assetes are not enough. They got 4 first rounder offer and said no...after few games with nets he showed what he can bring to the table now he might 5 first rounder worth.

9. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

They actually have very little room for roster improvement if James leaves. They'd only have enough cap space to sign a Harrison Barnes-type in a god awful FA class. It'd be another wasted year for Embiid who could potentially follow suit and leave Philly. Sixers beat writers who are in tune are mostly saying that it's a no brainer to pay James based on their books situation. I mean I guess if they're willing to trade Maxey he could be included with Tobias to fetch them another superstar-- but at that point, it'd be a no-brainer signing JH and having a big 3 superteam.

#1089 shocky2002, Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Wulaw Horn likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

22, 6, and 11 on 45/40/87 splits and 3.5 turnovers a game

63% TS

124 offensive rating

42% of his threes assisted…by far the highest since 2016

Sixers have a 118 offensive rating with Harden on the court, the highest of any of their rotation players

Sixers have a 111 offensive rating when he’s off, the lowest of anyone on the roster

Maxey shooting 49% from the field and 44% from three in games with James Harden since he arrived Philly…he’s shooting 40% from the field and 33% from 3 without Harden this year

Joel Embiid shooting 55% from the field and 37% from three this year with Harden…in games without him, he’s shooting 49% from the field and 22% from 3

11. RocketsDraftTV

if harden comes back next year and we make the playoffs after what we have witnessed the past 3 years since he's been gone, no one should ever **** talk him or his greatness again

OremLK likes this.
  12. RocketsDraftTV

yea i saw on twitter that harden has a net worth of 400 million.. he is probably the 2nd richest player in the league currently behind lebron

see the full list that was updated in 2023

Aruba77 likes this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Unlike morons who wasted their money like Iverson and Antoine Walker who blew their fortune and went bankrupt harden invested his money and is set for generational success

ElPigto and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden has always been a smart dude. Low key, works as hard as he parties, doesn't have any real scandals.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Harden+Sengun = passing clinic

BamBam likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Saw on the Sixers reddit the other day that they should be cautious of paying Harden the Max and they should just unload Tobias (as if they haven't been trying to do that lol) and use that cap space to get Embiid his help.

And while this is just a fan opinion and not the owner I do imagine if the 6ers flame out in typical Rivers fashion there will be tons of Angry Philly Fan making a local ruckus about how Harden isn't worth the max and maybe that could influence the owner. Not sure. I know next to nothing about the 6ers owner.

dobro1229 likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Jabari Smith Jr is shooting 21% from 3 without KPJ .... Just thought I'd throw that in for shitz and giggles.

Reeko and DrNuegebauer like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

There is more than “ some truth “ to it. When a guy who is another teams chief beat writer with insider information and is credible with 66 thousand followers is saying there is more then “ a real possibility “ of Harden “ returning to Houston “ obviously it’s not a pie in the sky scenario.

Harden has had a great bounce back year given he is virtually shooting the basketball at career highs across the board and could easily average 26 to 30 a night if he we’re asked to it’s not surprising the Rockets who are bleeding money right now given the low attendance numbers are naturally going to go all out to bring back their former gate attraction and cash cow

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Plus, there really aren't any stars or superstars available out there that we can realistically get that is better than Harden and whoever he can recruit. Despite the irrational hate some Rockets fans have for the guy, Harden is still easily a top 10-15 player in the league.

Wulaw Horn and riko like this.