1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woke Republican Governor Bans Public Drag Shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 1, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I see that drag shows are very important to you guys. Drag shows, to you, mean FREEDOM. I support your freedom to enjoy drag shows!

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

You may not be able to support them with your vote but you support their policies with your arguments here daily. Don't act like if you COULD vote you would support anyone other than the GOP and their freedom hating, intolerant policies.

Its not about loving drag shows. It's about people who are different from me not having their choices made illegal by hateful, bigoted legislation.

it's about Freedom to live you as you see fit, not how the government chooses you should live it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Great, we agree on that.

Now, can we apply that to mask mandates for children and vaccine mandates?

"My body, my choice" - right?

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What's wrong with being in drag? I support this person's freedom to be in drag.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member

Do you believe parents should be allowed to take their children to rated R movies?

7. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I think people who should know better would be able to distinguish between the two situations.

Andre0087 and VooDooPope like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I had to google what "rated R" means. I think parents should make responsible decisions and generally that means following the recommendations for whatever is age appropriate.

My daughter, who is 6, was at a Kids Club of a 5 star hotel and they had "movie night" and the ladies who ran the Kids Club played "Home Alone". My daughter got terrified and cried. I was surprised by that, to be honest, because in my mind, it's a very harmless, funny movie. Then, a while later, I was waiting with my daughter at the pediatrician's office, and Home Alone was on in the waiting room. That time, she didn't seem scared anymore, but technically, I don't think that was age-appropriate.

As to the law by this governor here, I just read the Guardian article (couldn't care enough about the topic to read it initially). Sounds like the thread title is incorrect - he is not banning drag shows altogether, but "sexualized drag in public" (because children would be exposed to them) and exposing children to drag shows.

I wouldn't agree with banning drag shows altogether, but that's not actually what this law is doing, contrary to the misleading thread title.

JumpMan likes this.
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Apples and Oranges. I've never been in here pushing for either but can realize one set of legislation is bigoted and targeting a select group.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Correct, vax mandates target people who just do not want to be forced to have an invasive medical intervention for the sole purpose of protecting themselves.

And forcing children to mask is child abuse.

FREEDOM.

People and their children should have the FREEDOM to not be coerced into these measures.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man sometimes I wonder if you play a character but that is a lot of time invested in not being sincere.

Andre0087, jo mama and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My issue isn't about drag shows. It is about restriction of freedoms and bigotry. It's telling that you think trying to brand someone as a fan of drag shows is some type of detriment.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Detriment? No, I am happy for you to enjoy drag shows. I am not judging you for it.

But again, the thread title is misleading. That bill does not "ban drag shows". It is designed to protect children from being exposed to drag shows. And I think that is right.

Also, I am glad that you are coming around to being a supporter of freedom.

Here is a book for you:

[​IMG]

JumpMan likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You falsely labeling people while patronizingly pretending to be okay with it is pretty clear. But it really isn't worth a prolonged discussion.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Vaccines save lives. See Polio and thousands of other vaccines. I had multiple jabs and they were not invasive at all. that was my choice.

No one went door to door forcing people to get vaccinated. The mandate saved lives, many people opted not to get the vaccine and died, other chose not to and lived through the pandemic. You still had the freedom to choose and got to live with the consequences of your choices. And now any type of mandate that was in place has been lifted.

I disagree with a mask being child abuse, but I'm not going to discuss that here. We've ventured far enough off topic. I'm out.

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

Great. So a parent could take a child to a rated R movie with male full frontal nudity, women with full frontal nudity, people blowing each other's brains out, and you are okay with that because it is their Parental right, but you stop at fully clothed people dressing up as the opposite sex if the content is sexualized? Now there are already obscenity laws on the books in Tennessee, Lee and others are saying this new law will follow the same obscenity laws,just applied to drag. That makes no sense. Obscene acts in front of children are already illegal so why add this?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Umm that's not what I said?

Remember, I am from Europe. I would be less concerned about any kind of nudity (including drag shows) than about children being exposed to watching violence. I hate that kind of stuff.

I think children should be protected in general, which is why the recommendations for age appropriateness exist, and in general, I would want to folow them.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You couldn't give two ****s about children. None of your discussion about children safety includes topics that aren't tangential to putting down another group. Literally none of your topics about children venture out that framing. Someone so concerned with children would stumble upon caring about a topic regarding children safety outside the scary groomers.

19. Xopher

Xopher Member

It is legal for a parent to take a child to see rated R movies containing any of those things I listed. Why aren't you screaming about that? Parents can take a 7 year old to see John Wick. No problems.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It appears that you would not be qualified to judge that.

blue_eyed_devil and JumpMan like this.